Bookstagram Buddy Read Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Esha, @readesharead (new)

Esha Sharma (eshareads) | 35 comments Let's share your thoughts after reading Bree's side of the story!

*SPOILERS BELOW*

message 2: by Esha, @readesharead (new)

Esha Sharma (eshareads) | 35 comments Bree came across as a complete brat to me. I didn't like her part at all. It just might my least favorite part in the book, though I liked how it ended.

message 3: by Becky (new)

Becky (goodreadscombloucraig) | 6 comments I didn't like Bree much either. She seemed to be too much of a thrill seeker, and not in a good way!

message 4: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Björnerud | 14 comments I felt sorry for Bree, she's a girl lost and desperate for a different scene! In anger people do things they almost instantly regret! I had a tear in my eye when the reunion happened. Leila feels to me like a guardian angel of sorts, making people see their inner selves! Obviously haven't finished reading the book yet but that's my impression!

message 5: by Esha, @readesharead (new)

Esha Sharma (eshareads) | 35 comments Hannah wrote: "I felt sorry for Bree, she's a girl lost and desperate for a different scene! In anger people do things they almost instantly regret! I had a tear in my eye when the reunion happened. Leila feels t..."

I got emotional by the end of this part as well which made up for the rest of it I didn't like.

message 6: by Marte (new)

Marte (martereadsalot) I didn't really like Bree, but I'll say that her character felt real to me. I can easily imagine her as a real teenage girl.
I'm now taking a break, known as sleeping, before starting on Elliot. But I remember Bree thinking about a quiet boy, she perhaps slept with, in Chicago. And Leila's postcard to her Aunt was sent from Chicago. My guess is that Elliot is the boy, but that I'll figure out tomorrow.
As for Leila I really enjoy her as a character, even though as is a little bit 'too good to be true'.
By the way; is it actually possible to see a really spectacular Northern Light in Denmark or Switzerland? It's a rare phenomenon here I live, in the northern part of Norway.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) I liked Bree the most besides Leila. I loved her character and it was the one that was most relatable to me.