Book Giveaways discussion

52 Poems for Men
This topic is about 52 Poems for Men
Book giveaway > Ideal for Father’s Day, 52 Poems for Men

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jay (last edited Apr 30, 2015 04:31AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay Amberg | 11 comments Ideal for Father’s Day. Though published in 2001, this timeless collection speaks deeply and directly to men, capturing precious moments, powerful insights, and honest glimpses of life. Ten winners, shipping to the US.

Enter the giveaway here for 52 Poems for Men :
https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...

Thank you.

message 2: by Sarah (last edited Apr 30, 2015 02:05PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sarah Koz (sarahkoz) | 7 comments This book is elegant and striking. The extensive and varied collection of poets can appeal to anyone, even people that may not normally read poetry. I've cherished my copy for years, and given away several to fellows in my life. Definitely a worthwhile giveaway.

message 3: by Jay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay Amberg | 11 comments Hi. Thanks for the comment.

When I compiled 52 Poems for Men, I chose poems that would speak to men about matters that concern us, but that we don't always talk about--growing up, love, loss, fatherhood... I picked poems that captured moments, gave glimpses of life, and cut quickly to the point. My personal favorite changes from month to month, year to year. But tonight the one that speaks most deeply to me is "August from My Desk" by Roland Flint.

Sarah Koz (sarahkoz) | 7 comments It may be time for me to reread mine. What are some of your other favorite poems from this collection?

message 5: by Jay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay Amberg | 11 comments I have a lot of favorites, of course. I go back to different poems depending on how I feel at a given time, but I always return to Margaret Atwood's "Variation on the Word Sleep" and to the second part of James Wright's "Two Hangovers". I'm invariably taken by the final eight lines of Robert Frost's "Birches" and the last six lines of Tennyson's "Ulysses".

Amika Press (amikapress) | 8 comments Hello! We’ve posted a brief excerpt here of 52 Poems for Men.