Books Stephen King Recommends discussion

You (You, #1)
This topic is about You
Jul-Aug 2015 You > General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Debra (new) - added it

Debra (debra_t) | 2574 comments Mod
Put your general comments about this book here. No spoilers, please.

message 2: by Janice (new) - added it

Janice (jamasc) | 801 comments Wow! You're certainly organized, Debra. :)

message 3: by Debra (new) - added it

Thanks, Janice! I anticipated which books would be the top runners and ordered them from the library so I could be prepared.

Linda Boyd (boydlinda95gmailcom) | 598 comments I really want to read this one also - I need to check my library

message 5: by Janice (new) - added it

Janice (jamasc) | 801 comments Woohooo! July is just around the corner. I'm going to start this book as soon as I finish Finders Keepers. That should be pretty close to the first couple days of July. I just realized that I need to download all my July audiobooks.

Sharon My surrounding libraries all have this booked out :(

message 7: by Janice (new) - added it

Janice (jamasc) | 801 comments I'm starting today.

message 8: by Debra (new) - added it

Waiting for my copy to arrive at my library through the inter-loan system.

Sarah I have this downloaded on my kindle. I was hoping to read it next but slightly concerned now I see Janice has abandoned it.

message 10: by Janice (new) - added it

Janice (jamasc) | 801 comments Sorry! It might just be me. The book has lots of high ratings community wide. My friends who have all read it, give it high ratings too.

message 11: by Missy (new)

Missy | 128 comments Which book are you referring to?

Sarah I'm just starting this now.

message 13: by Janice (new) - added it

Janice (jamasc) | 801 comments Missy wrote: "Which book are you referring to?"

This thread (and folder) is dedicated to the discussion of the book You.

message 14: by Missy (new)

Missy | 128 comments I lost that along the thread somewhere. Thanks!

Larissa | 270 comments I'm gonna finish Day Four before starting You. I know Day Four isn't a direct sequel, but I'm interested enough to keep reading. Weird stuff already--ghosty or alieny stuff, like The Three. But the blurbs I've read about You make it seem nice and creepy. Just up my alley! I'll join you guys in a day or two!

message 16: by Janice (new) - added it

Janice (jamasc) | 801 comments Missy wrote: "I lost that along the thread somewhere. Thanks!"

Easy enough to do. I often find myself scrolling back up to the top to find out what thread I'm reading.

Sharon We have recently had a splitting of our library - it used to be combined with the neighbouring region and so we could order books from about 8 different libraries. Unfortunately since it's split at the beginning of this month, the only copies that were available of You (You, #1) by Caroline Kepnes all reside in the other regions - so of course this means I won't get to read it. I am going to make a purchase suggestion for our library to get a copy!

message 18: by Debra (new) - added it

Sharon, I often have good luck with purchase suggestions with my library. I hope they get You for you.

Sharon Debra wrote: "Sharon, I often have good luck with purchase suggestions with my library. I hope they get You for you."

Yes Debra, so do I - I've put the suggestion in so we'll see what happens. Fingers crossed :)

Kerri I'm only just starting this, up to page 10 and I already want to check the spoiler threads to see if it's worth it. I have taken an immediate dislike to Joe and was wondering if the whole book is written from his perspective and in the same way? How far did you get before you abandoned it Janice?

Sarah Yes it is written the same way throughout the whole book Kerri. I soon got used to the POV but you'll always be stuck inside the head of a psycho.

Linda Boyd (boydlinda95gmailcom) | 598 comments Finally getting the chance to start this one. Listening to the audio version. Joe does seem creepy!!!

message 23: by Debra (new) - added it

Yay, Linda!