Books Stephen King Recommends discussion

The Three (The Three, #1)
This topic is about The Three
May-Jun 2015 The Three > May-Jun 2015 Part Six to Part Nine (SPOILERS)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Debra (new) - added it

Debra (debra_t) | 2574 comments Mod
Put your comments for this section here.

message 2: by Debra (new) - added it

The kids don't feel right, but none of them are really doing anything wrong. They just aren't the same kids they were before the crashes. I think Jess is the creepiest... knowing Paul was recording her was a stunner. Hiro just seems shy and talks through his Andriod, but that's creepy. And now I forget his name... shoot, the book's at home... anyway he seems to be helping his grandfather.

I don't believe in a all that stuff about the 4 horsemen. Aliens, seems more believable, especially since the kids seem to be taken over by different personalities. Lots of questions!

Kristin | 38 comments At this pint in the story the children seem to be evil. At first they appeared to be helping but most likely it was for their own childish reasons.

It's frustrating that even in the book as Pastor Len is gearing up for something, the law is unable to step in before they "break the law". He is obviously building an army and has gone completely off his rocker. It's been unclear what happens to him exactly. At this point it's been revealed that his puppy dog follower murdered. the boy and is now in jail.

message 4: by Debra (new) - added it

Yeah, that's a good point, Kristin. Why didn't the law get involved? Another unanswered question!

message 5: by Almeta, co-moderator (last edited May 29, 2015 03:29PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Almeta (menfrommarrs) | 1093 comments Mod
Wonder what the pastor is up to, apparently building a fortress and training an army.

Some people are contemplating killing The Three, but they are starting to sound too deranged to make this proposal reasonable, even though the children do seem threatening.

Linda Boyd (boydlinda95gmailcom) | 598 comments Hopefully I am keeping my thoughts clear, I listened to the audio version and for some reason I had a hard time keeping up with the Parts - but that whole thing with the lookie loos coming to Pastor Len's church and living on his property - in my mind I had the impression of one of those cult camps and Pastor Len was going to turn in to Jim Jones type of character. I know that he wanted to be a mega church pastor but I don't think his dreams was coming true.

message 7: by Almeta, co-moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Almeta (menfrommarrs) | 1093 comments Mod
Linda wrote: "..I had the impression of one of those cult camps and Pastor Len was going to turn in to Jim Jones type of character..."

Yeah, I think he was headed that way!

message 8: by Debra (new) - added it

Yes, Pastor Lem went off the deep end. He wanted to be a famous preacher but instead he built an army of misfits.