Young Adult Contemporary Romance discussion

Fisher's Light (Fisher's Light, #1)
This topic is about Fisher's Light
❤ BUDDY READS-IN PROGRESS > Fisher's Light by Tara Sivec - Starting May 1, 2015

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Chris | 7142 comments Mod
This thread is to discuss Fisher's Light. Please indicate what chapter you are on and use spoiler tags when posting. This way people joining in can read at their own pace. Enjoy!!!

Note: This is not a YA book!

Erika | 9482 comments I'm in!!

Karen (readingaway84) | 2519 comments Mod
Ohh! This has been one of the best I have read in a while. But I may have been in the mood for it! Anyway, it is good! But I am sucker for military heroes! The soldier gets me everytime! They are truly heroes in every sense of the word!

Susan Karen wrote: "Ohh! This has been one of the best I have read in a while. But I may have been in the mood for it! Anyway, it is good! But I am sucker for military heroes! The soldier gets me everytime! They ..."

Uuugggghhhhh after that, now I have to read it! Off to find it!!

Susan wrote: "Karen wrote: "Ohh! This has been one of the best I have read in a while. But I may have been in the mood for it! Anyway, it is good! But I am sucker for military heroes! The soldier gets me eve..."

hahahaha!! Yay! I'm glad you're joining in. :D

Susan I got it and im ready!!!

LOL Susan! Can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts! I hope you guys like it as much as I did! I think the thing I liked most about it is the realistic aspect. This romance is for real people (no rockstar/billionaire/athlete), just 2 real people overcoming every day challenges in their life!

Susan Ive have never re a d this author before! Im so excited!!!

message 9: by Chris (last edited May 01, 2015 12:24PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Karen wrote: "LOL Susan! Can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts! I hope you guys like it as much as I did! I think the thing I liked most about it is the realistic aspect. This romance is for real people (no r..."

Yes, I like REALness! I'm only on page 31 but I wanted to mention (view spoiler)

Erika | 9482 comments Is this a tear jerker????

message 11: by Karen (last edited May 01, 2015 09:55AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

I didn't cry, but it made me emotional! Depends on if the issue hits close to home or not, I would guess...
and yes Chris - I agree 100% with everything you said!

Vega_girl | 6624 comments That means Chris is definitely going to cry!! Haha!! Can't wait I am putting my other aside(but I will finish it) until I finish this one!!! Starting now!!

Erika | 9482 comments Chapter four So I'm sooooooo tired but... (view spoiler)

Erika wrote: "Chapter four So I'm sooooooo tired but... [spoilers removed]"

Hahaha I'm at the same spot!! When (view spoiler)

Vega_girl wrote: "That means Chris is definitely going to cry!! Haha!! Can't wait I am putting my other aside(but I will finish it) until I finish this one!!! Starting now!!"

Hahaha you are probably right about me crying!! Haha glad you're reading with us!

Vega_girl | 6624 comments I am loving the back and forth...I don't always, but this one is done nicely. Erika I 100% agree and Chris ...I already cried...I don't know why I talk ....

Chapter 17(view spoiler)

You're way ahead of me Barbara!! I really like the back and forth too! I'm just starting chapter 11 and have one thing to say...(view spoiler)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments Agree!!! He made me so mad!!

Vega_girl wrote: "I am loving the back and forth...I don't always, but this one is done nicely. Erika I 100% agree and Chris ...I already cried...I don't know why I talk ....

Chapter 17[spoilers removed]"

Chapter 17 (view spoiler)

Erika | 9482 comments Agree with everything ladies!!!

Fishers dad is a big fat jerk!

message 21: by Chris (last edited May 03, 2015 10:20AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chapter 31 (view spoiler)

ETA chapter 31: (view spoiler)

Erika | 9482 comments Chris wrote: "Chapter 31 [spoilers removed]

ETA chapter 31: [spoilers removed]"

Stanford is an idiot!!!

Chapter 31 - (view spoiler)

Susan You guys do kniw there is a book to read after this one right?

Tara Sivec - Worth the Trip

***This is a prequel novella to Fisher's Light. It is about the life of Trip Fisher. Fisher's Light should be read before Worth the Trip***

It’s time for me to tell my story.

I know I’m a coward for waiting this long to explain my side of things. I know I should have tried long before now to make amends. There’s nothing like staring right at death’s door to put a fire under your ass. I’m going to die with enough regrets to fill ten notebooks and that’s a tough pill to swallow, but when I meet my maker, I want to be able to hold my head high with the knowledge that at least I confronted all of those regrets.

The Life and Times of Trip Fisher
I’m sorry, I love you, please forgive me.

Erika | 9482 comments Susan wrote: "You guys do kniw there is a book to read after this one right?

***This is a prequel novella to Fisher's Light. It is about the life of Trip Fisher. Fisher's Light sh..."

WHAT???? Can I tell you when I was reading the part where Trip was taking about his wife (Fishers grandmother) I was thinking this sounds like a book I want to read! So glad.

Yes and it released today and is 99 cents on Kindle!

Erika | 9482 comments I can't find it. I went to amazon :(

That's awesome! Thanks Susan and Karen! I actually just read the part where Trip talks about his wife. So sweet!

Arlene(rlineey) Cruz (rlineey) | 115 comments Worth the Trip by Tara Sivec 6 stars!!!!!! Loved it!!!!! You have to read it if you liked fishers light!

Erika | 9482 comments So I finished this book. While I did love Fisher and Lucy I didn't love this book. It was good. An easy read but maybe because I just finished reading a book,that was so detailed I missed the details in this book.

Vega_girl | 6624 comments Erika wrote: "Susan wrote: "You guys do kniw there is a book to read after this one right?

***This is a prequel novella to Fisher's Light. It is about the life of Trip Fisher. Fis..."

Haha!!! I felt the exact same way!!!!

Susan I just read the first five chapters and my heart is breaking for these two......

As always im behind again.......

Vega_girl | 6624 comments Just finished!!!(view spoiler)

Vega_girl wrote: "Just finished!!![spoilers removed]"

I'm finished too! (view spoiler)

Susan Chapter nine(sigh)