Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 4 chapters of sexy Gay/LGBT/MM prison drama

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristoffer (last edited Apr 29, 2015 05:51PM) (new)

Kristoffer Kross (kriskrossbooks) | 6 comments This is my first foray into this particular genre so I really want to get it right—I'm not writing the novel of the century but I want the action to be exciting and the pages to turn themselves. It's not erotica per se but there IS explicit male-male sex and some violence.

If you like reading quirky queer gay lit I would love to hear from you. So far I have a 7k-word prologue up for free, and a 28k-word book 1 teaser that I want to release in a couple weeks. This is all in the experimental phase right now but if you're an amazing beta reader I would love to keep you on in the future and compensate you for your efforts. Consider this a trial run.

Other queer authors I'm happy to swap critiques! Send me a message :)

Thanks so much!

message 2: by Eve Marie (new)

Eve Marie (hhhell) | 23 comments Hi Kristoffer,

Your novel sounds very interesting, and "quirky" queer lit is one of my specialties. Please consider my editing service, Edits by Eve Marie, which includes two beta reading packages. I'm taking appointments for mid to late May. If you're interested, send the prologue in Word format (if possible) to editsbyevemarie@gmail.com.

Cheers,
Eve

message 3: by Kristoffer (new)

Kristoffer Kross (kriskrossbooks) | 6 comments Thanks for your response, Eve :) Would you consider giving the prologue a quick read as a free trial run?

message 4: by Eve Marie (new)

Eve Marie (hhhell) | 23 comments Sure thing, Kristoffer. I always offer a sample reading (or edit, if applicable) to inquiring authors. If you're interested, could you please email me the prologue as a Word attachment? That way, I can make comments directly on the document.

Thanks,
Eve
editsbyevemarie@gmail.com

message 5: by Kristoffer (new)

Kristoffer Kross (kriskrossbooks) | 6 comments Thanks Eve, I just sent it off :)

message 6: by J. (new)

J. Johanis (jjohanis) | 13 comments Hi Kristoffer. I write dark M/M fantasy. My book Claimed by the Order (50k words) is in the beta stage. I'd love to beta read your book. Please let me know if you are interested in an exchange. Thank you.

message 7: by Kristoffer (new)

Kristoffer Kross (kriskrossbooks) | 6 comments Thanks Jenna, just sent it off :)

message 8: by J. (new)

J. Johanis (jjohanis) | 13 comments I got it. Thanks Kristoffer :)