2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Pride and Prejudice
This topic is about Pride and Prejudice
. Week 23: 100+ Years Old > Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bec (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bec | 64 comments I decided on Pride and Prejudice as I have never read it and I had a copy in my 'classics' folder on my kindle! I've never been big on the classics but thought I should give myself some culture.

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) I just got a nice hardback copy of this from a thrift shop, and I don't remember much from reading it a few years ago, so I'll probably try and sneak it in somehow.

message 3: by Zaz, Mood Minion (new) - rated it 3 stars

Zaz | 1387 comments Mod
P&P was not too bad but I preferred the zombie version, a nice way to add some action to the boring romantic scenes :D

I think it's a good thing to read some classics and Austen is a well known author, but when you're not in stories driven by romance, it's not a compelling read. Good luck!

message 4: by Bec (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bec | 64 comments I've finished this one. Can't say I loved it but I got through it. I guess I'm still not big on the classics.

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) You know, I never really loved Pride and Prejudice as much as other people do. And it's totally fine! I would just suggest that you check out some of Jane Austen's other work before you give up on her. She's got some more interesting/romantic books out there. Try Mansfield Park and/or Persuasion, and then decide. :D

message 6: by Bec (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bec | 64 comments Okay thanks - I will give them a go when I feel up to it.

Amanda Sakaguchi | 35 comments I'm a little behind on my reading so I just finished this book. Not really a fan of this book or the particular style, but don't want to count Austen out until I read more of her works. If you have to pick between Mansfield Park and Persuasion, which would you choose?