What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Teacher Mystery book has a teacher that killed or was involved in a few murders. It's probably not too modern, but may be out of 20th century. The writer is female and is British

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tomislavr7 (new)

Tomislavr7 | 7 comments Greetings,

This book has a teacher that killed or was involved in a few murders. It's probably not too modern, but may be out of 20th century. The writer is female and is British, if I remember well. Also, I believe she had an interesting history education-wise, also related to languages. I'm not sure if she used a pen name, but keep in mind that it's possible, please.

Thanks.

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Costa | 5 comments It could have been any of Sarah Caudwell's Hilary Tamar books. They are British and Tamar is a professor with a unique background.EditWatch this page

message 3: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2359 comments Was this a YA book or aimed at adults?

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34466 comments Mod
Is the teacher male or female? What did s/he teach to kids of what age?

Who did the teacher murder? What's the location/setting?

What do you mean by the author's education was interesting?

message 5: by Tomislavr7 (new)

Tomislavr7 | 7 comments Kris wrote: "Is the teacher male or female? What did s/he teach to kids of what age?

Who did the teacher murder? What's the location/setting?

What do you mean by the author's education was interesting?"

I believe the teacher was male. I don't remember what the subject was, but I'd say history, maths or language-related. I don't remember the age of the kids.

I only remember that the teacher either killed or was involved in a few murders. It should've also been written from the perspective of the teacher. The location is something in the 20th century, I assume.

I mean just that, it was intriguing history which was related to education (maybe it was intriguing only because she was also in education like the character).

Cheers.

message 6: by Tomislavr7 (new)

Tomislavr7 | 7 comments Melissa wrote: "It could have been any of Sarah Caudwell's Hilary Tamar books. They are British and Tamar is a professor with a unique background.EditWatch this page"

Probably YA or teenager. It was easy-to-read.

Cheers.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38282 comments Mod
Tomislavr7, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 8: by Tomislavr7 (last edited Apr 10, 2020 09:29AM) (new)

Tomislavr7 | 7 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Tomislavr7, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

Hello,

I remembered one book from a British author, but it doesn't look like it, seeing how the author is male and no teaching is in this book, and the author was surely female and it was about a teacher: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1... .

If you know which one it is, then please tell.

Cheers.