Goodreads Sci-Fi/Fantasy Authors discussion

Events > Have a question for a master herbalist?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.M. (new)

A.M. Kuska | 9 comments May 12th I managed to convince a Master Herbalist to answer questions for novelists. If you ever wanted to know how to poison your characters, heal them, or find food in the woods, now is your chance to ask a question!

I'm scrambling to get as many questions as I can for this lady while I have the opportunity, so if you've got a question please tell me so I can add it to the list. :)

message 2: by Feliks (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) What medieval herbs were used in medieval poisons and are still dangerous today?

message 3: by A.M. (new)

A.M. Kuska | 9 comments Best question EVER!! I will add that to the list. :D

message 4: by Feliks (last edited Apr 29, 2015 08:46PM) (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) Oh, I am incorrigible. Insatiably curious. Please give all our regards (I am sure) to your acquaintance and thank her for lending us her wisdom.

Here's another query.

What do we know about Asian herbs? What is good/bad from that hemisphere?

message 5: by Feliks (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) Another: mushrooms and morels. Are there any easy rules-of-thumb for distinguishing dangerous vs edible?

message 6: by A.M. (new)

A.M. Kuska | 9 comments Got these and added them to the list. I will definitely pass your regards along. :D

message 7: by Feliks (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) Another! If she has anything to advise us on the topic of cactus and cacti..desert flora.. that's also be great.

message 8: by Feliks (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) Mosses and lichens fascinate me as well