The Deal (Off-Campus, #1) The Deal discussion

Similar books (no instalove)?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessy (last edited Apr 29, 2015 12:50PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jessy Hey, so far The Deal is my favourite book of 2015 and I'm looking for something similar and with these elements:
- gradually-built, solid relationship
- mature characters
- no contrived drama
- no controlling/misogynist main "hero"

Any recs?

Anna Try The Mistake (Off-Campus, #2) by Elle Kennedy also written by Elle Kennedy.

Jessy I've read The Mistake, of course, and it was OK, but I didn't like it that much.

Delicia Read Sweet Home (Sweet Home, #1) by Tillie Cole ;)

Anna Delicia wrote: "Read Sweet Home (Sweet Home, #1) by Tillie Cole ;)"

I love this series. I preferred the H's POV in Sweet Rome (Sweet Home, #2) by Tillie Cole .

Jessy Thanks, I'll check it out. Do you guys recommend reading both or just one of the two?

Anna I tend to bounce around in a series so I read Sweet Rome (Sweet Home, #2) by Tillie Cole , then Sweet Hope (Sweet Home, #4) by Tillie Cole , then Sweet Home (Sweet Home, #1) by Tillie Cole , finished with Sweet Fall (Sweet Home, #3) by Tillie Cole . Basically I read #2, #4, #1, then #3. #1 and #2 are the different POVs. I would read both but if time and/or money was an issue I'd go with the H's POV. It was my preference but both are good.

I read #4 before reading #3 and if I had read #3 first I probably would have had a preconceived hate for the H in #4. It's a good series.

Delicia I have only read the 1 and the 2 one so far, but both are 5 stars, but I too like the 2 one more ;) Hope you enjoy it as much as we did. ^^

Anna Before reading 3 I'd suggest reading the author's intro. Makes the story a little more personal.

Karen King Fair Game (The Rules, #1) by Monica Murphy

This a similar book that is really good!

Megan I read Crushed (Redemption, #2) by Lauren Layne this week and it was definitely no instant love! The heroine was real and the banter between the two MC were great.

Bev Anna wrote: "I tend to bounce around in a series so I read Sweet Rome (Sweet Home, #2) by Tillie Cole, then Sweet Hope (Sweet Home, #4) by Tillie Cole, then Sweet Home (Sweet Home, #1) by Tillie Cole, finished with [bookcover:Sweet Fall|187593..."

Loved this series, Sweet Fall was just amazing which surprised me as I didn't think it was going to be for me. I didn't like the H in earlier books either, but absolutely loved him in his book.

Deanna (A Novel Glimpse) Megan wrote: "I read Crushed (Redemption, #2) by Lauren Laynethis week and it was definitely no instant love! The heroine was real and the banter between the two MC were great."

The whole Lauren Layne Redemption series is really good. It starts with Isn't She Lovely (Redemption, #0.5) by Lauren Layne , Broken (Redemption, #1) by Lauren Layne and then Crushed (Redemption, #2) by Lauren Layne . No instant love in any of them!

message 14: by Gena (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gena Thanks for the Crushed recommendation, I enjoyed it. I liked The Deal for having a strong woman when so many YA have the cliche girl with low self esteem. Any other book ideas?

message 15: by Hady (new) - rated it 3 stars

Hady Gómez I Really liked 'Kulti' by Mariana Zapata Kulti by Mariana Zapata

Alisa (Betweenthecovers07) I think you would really like The Other C-Word . From what I remember it was a slow burn and hilarious.

Sharona Loved "The Deal". Did you read Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) by Jamie McGuire ?

Sharona A cute read with no ista love is Shine Not Burn (Shine Not Burn, #1) by Elle Casey . Really enjoyed this but it is not a college setting.

Jessy Uhh, somehow I missed the updates. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out!

Sandra Try the Rusk University series by Cora Carmack.