YALC 2015 discussion

Books and Authors > Who are you looking forward to meeting the most?

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Moore (michellebcf) | 49 comments Mod
So who are most excited about meeting - either for the first time, or because you've met them before?

message 2: by Dani (new)

Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism) (danireviewsthings) | 22 comments For me, it would be Samantha Shannon. I recently read The Bone Season and Mime Order, and they ticked all my boxes. She's a few months older, and yet she's written books that I absolutely love; it really makes me feel unaccomplished!

message 3: by Michelle (new)

For me, it has to be Teri Terry - who I haven't met before, but have spoken to on twitter, and Alexia Casale, who I have met before, but know a little better now. :)

However, I'm also discovering new authors on the list, so am looking forward to meeting these too.

Samina The Story Devourer  | 11 comments I don't know. To be honest, I'm meeting S J Maas in a few weeks and it is hard to think beyond that. Once that is over I'll get my head around YALC authors. Needless to say, my list is going to be long.

message 5: by Maeve (new)

Maeve (echocinderella) IM MEETING S J MAAS IN A FEW WEEKS

Samina The Story Devourer  | 11 comments Where are you meeting her Anna? I'm seeing her in on the 26th May.

message 7: by Dreximgirl (new)

Dreximgirl | 1 comments Judy Blume and Cassandra Clare for me :)

message 8: by Libby (new)

Libby (bowlerhatgirl1) | 3 comments Dani wrote: "For me, it would be Samantha Shannon. I recently read The Bone Season and Mime Order, and they ticked all my boxes. She's a few months older, and yet she's written books that I absolutely love; it ..."

Would you recommend The Bone Season?

Oh, and Cassandra Clare! She's my favourite author; I'm so excited to see her!

message 9: by Dani (new)

Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism) (danireviewsthings) | 22 comments I've read mixed reviews about the Bone Season, but I personally loved it. The main character is a kickass female, and that's my weakness. I'll admit the beginning was a bit slow to get into, but it got better throughout the book. Mime Order (book 2) was more focused and ended with a both a resolution to the issue at hand but then a big revelation, a great 'but wait, there's more!' ending.

message 10: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie (lizziedymond) | 1 comments Cassandra Clare, Holly Smale and Carrie Hope Fletcher for me!

message 11: by Dani (new)

Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism) (danireviewsthings) | 22 comments I'm busy reading Geek Girl now, and I just want to ask Holly Smale if she is a mind-reader...

message 12: by Rosy (new)

Rosy (reviewdiaries) For me it's got to be Sarah Rees Brennan, she's so funny and lovely and I adore her books.

message 13: by Jess (new)

Jess | 5 comments I've met Samantha Shannon before and she was lovely.
I'm hoping to meet Carrie Hope Fletcher :)

message 14: by Heather (new)

Heather Lawson (teevee) | 3 comments Hi guys, the authors I'm most looking forward to is... a lot of them! 17 to be exact. If I had to narrow it down, Joe Abercrombie, Teri Terry, Lou Morgan, Samantha Shannon and Ben Aaronovitch would be my top 5.

I met Lucy Saxon at Wales Comic Con last year and she was just lovely! One of the nicest people I've met.

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 1 comments I'm looking forward to meeting Sally Green. I really liked Half Wild and absolutely cannot wait for the last book in that series.

message 16: by Hope (new)

Hope | 1 comments Cassandra Clare for me I love her books and I can't wait to read lady midnight

message 17: by Zareena (new)

Zareena (zareenatheslantedbookshelf) | 16 comments For me it's Cassandra Clare, Marie Rutkoski, and Samantha Shannon :)

message 18: by Becky (new)

Becky Jerams | 3 comments So excited to meet Holly Smale and Meg Rosoff!

message 19: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahclare) | 10 comments Sarah wrote: "I'm looking forward to meeting Sally Green. I really liked Half Wild and absolutely cannot wait for the last book in that series."

I met Sally Green at the London Book Fair this year. She's brilliant. Such a witty and quick panalist too.

I have to admit I can already feel my inner fangirl starting to get the jitters about potentially seeing/meeting Marie Rutkoski. The potential for saying something dumb is high!!

message 20: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahclare) | 10 comments Dani W wrote: "For me, it would be Samantha Shannon. I recently read The Bone Season and Mime Order, and they ticked all my boxes. She's a few months older, and yet she's written books that I absolutely love; it ..."

IKR?!!! I recently got The Mime Order and whereas I was excited to read it.. it made me sigh and curse at my lack of productivity and success!! Ha ha! xD

message 21: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda I'm probably going to be the odd one out but I've never met any authors before. I've loved Malorie Blackman's books for years and I also would love to meet Darren Shan. Would you feel awkward if you hadn't read a book by the author prior to meeting them?

message 22: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda I'm probably going to be the odd one out but I've never met any authors before. I've loved Malorie Blackman's books for years and I also would love to meet Darren Shan. Would you feel awkward if you hadn't read a book by the author prior to meeting them?

message 23: by Dani (new)

Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism) (danireviewsthings) | 22 comments I've never met an author either! Unless you count ones that came to my school when I was really young...

This is my first book event, and I'm really nervous and unsure of what to expect. But I am determined to trust that everything will be amazing!

message 24: by Michelle (new)

Every author I met last year was lovely - especially Jonathan Stroud, who made my day when he remembered speaking to me on Twitter! :)

message 25: by Michelle (new)

Every author I met last year was lovely - especially Jonathan Stroud, who made my day when he remembered speaking to me on Twitter! :)

message 26: by Michelle (new)

message 27: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda I've only read the first Bartimaeus book by him and I definitely want to read more. The Screaming Staircase by him sounds really good.