Impression Parade Book Club discussion

Stardust
This topic is about Stardust
Marianna's Book Picks > May 2015 - Stardust by Neil Gaiman

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Marianna Neal (impressionblend) | 53 comments Mod
April was a rough month for our reading picks, but I think May is going to be a good one! Some of you have probably read Stardust already, but I hear it's a great book to re-visit as well, so you can definitely still join it. As for me—this is my first Neil Gaiman adventure, and I am very excited about it! Anyone else?

Veronica  (vblanc) I am excited about this pick! I read Neil's The Ocean at the End of the Lane a couple of month's ago, I enjoyed it! He is a different kind of author for me to read but I've heard of Stardust being really good. I forgot they made a movie out of it but I don't think it got much attention for it.

Veronica wrote: "I am excited about this pick! I read Neil's The Ocean at the End of the Lane a couple of month's ago, I enjoyed it! He is a different kind of author for me to read but I've heard of Stardust being ..."

I love the movie! It's actually a lot of fun :)

message 4: by Monika (new)

Monika (rocaillewrites) | 3 comments Charlie Cox, the male lead in Stardust (the movie) plays Matt Murdock in the new Netflix Daredevil TV series - which is pretty awesome, btw. I loved The Ocean at the End of the Lane, and if anyone's interested in children's literature, The Graveyard Book is also stellar.

message 5: by Robert (new)

Robert | 1 comments I've been meaning to read this for awhile now, I might jump on the book club for this book. I haven't seen the movie yet nor remember much about it from the commercials, so I feel it'll be a fresh read.

Monika wrote: "Charlie Cox, the male lead in Stardust (the movie) plays Matt Murdock in the new Netflix Daredevil TV series - which is pretty awesome, btw. I loved The Ocean at the End of the Lane, and if anyone'..."

I actually considered starting with The Ocean at the End of the Lane, but it seemed like Stardust was a safer bet. Definitely on my TBR though!

Robert wrote: "I've been meaning to read this for awhile now, I might jump on the book club for this book. I haven't seen the movie yet nor remember much about it from the commercials, so I feel it'll be a fresh ..."

Well, you should definitely join us then :) It's been a while since I've watched the movie, but I remember it fairly well. Still, adaptations are never exactly the same as books, so I'm sure it's going to be a fun read :)

Kayla Rayne (kaylarayne) I am so excited about this! Stardust is one of my favorite books ever!!! I can't wait to discuss this magical world with everyone.

Kayla Rayne wrote: "I am so excited about this! Stardust is one of my favorite books ever!!! I can't wait to discuss this magical world with everyone."

I am really excited to get started on it! I know you always talk about Stardust being one of your favorites (along with so many other people), so I'm really curious to see what it's all about.

Veronica  (vblanc) Started yesterday and finished the 1st chapter, I like the details of this book, I feel like I am there :)

Veronica wrote: "Started yesterday and finished the 1st chapter, I like the details of this book, I feel like I am there :)"

I'm finally going to be starting this tomorrow too. How is it going for you?

Veronica  (vblanc) Marianna wrote: "Veronica wrote: "Started yesterday and finished the 1st chapter, I like the details of this book, I feel like I am there :)"

I'm finally going to be starting this tomorrow too. How is it going fo..."

I have been pretty busy this week and haven't been able to pick the book up! Hopefully this weekend :) I like it but not sure about this.

Alright, I'm on page 115 and can I just tell you how much I'm enjoying this? Neil Gaiman is a magical human being, I tell you—the writing is beautiful, and the setting is perfect. I love that this is a fairy tale that adults can enjoy!

Veronica  (vblanc) I finished this & I thought it was a lovely little magical story. I have been reading heavy stuff lately so it was a breathe of fresh air!

Veronica wrote: "I finished this & I thought it was a lovely little magical story. I have been reading heavy stuff lately so it was a breathe of fresh air!"

Yes! I felt the same way! It was such a nice break from everything else I'm reading, and to be honest, this book as a whole just gave me a feeling of happiness. Somehow, the combination of writing, story, and magic was just perfect—exactly what I hoped for. I will definitely be reading more books by Neil Gaiman!