Contemporary YA discussion

Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)
This topic is about Shatter Me
Series > Shatter Me aka The Juliette Chronicles

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (last edited Apr 29, 2015 10:57AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andrea | 1054 comments Mod
Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5) by Tahereh Mafi Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2) by Tahereh Mafi Fracture Me (Shatter Me, #2.5) by Tahereh Mafi Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3) by Tahereh Mafi Unite Me (Shatter Me, #1.5, #2.5) by Tahereh Mafi

Which books have you read? What did you think? Does Juliette have a curse or a gift? If you were Juliette what would you do differently.

Discuss the books here.

Natália Lopes (silkcaramel) | 252 comments Mod
I recently finished this series and I loved it. Loved the characters (except Adam, Fracture Me destroyed him for me) and Juliette surprised me as a protagonist. As for her powers, it can either be a curse or a gift, depending on how you see it. Her evolution and the way she sees herself throught the trilogy changes and so does the way she sees her powers.
Warner is precious, I love him.

Andalynne Moore (mikkiemoore) | 6 comments I've read all of them, and loved them. I feel like Juliette's powers at the beginning are more like a curse, but as she learns about them and can control them it becomes a gift. I don't see what I would have done differently in her situation. I don't think I could have done any better. I love her and basically all the characters. Especially Warner. Love him.

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) This is like an X-Men Dystopia version.

I really love this series. Shatter Me is a slow start but Unravel Me and Ignite Me picked up the pace. This book just broke the bad ending streak of Dystopia trilogies. However, I think it's more of romance than dystopia.. Still I love it anyway.

Therese | 3 comments I'm done reading the series! I really love the last book ignite me

message 6: by Kyla (new) - added it

Kyla Roque (jkroque) | 2 comments I've read this a long time ago but still I remember the details clearly especially when it comes to Aaron and Juliette's bittersweet moments together. The way how they relationship develop from archnemesis to lovers, I love it very much. Warner's confessions to her were the most quotable quotes I remember.

message 7: by Andrea (last edited Apr 26, 2017 11:04AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andrea | 1054 comments Mod
Have you heard the news? Three more books will be added to the series? Book 4 will be released spring 2018. No cover yet.

Author interview⬇️
http://ew.com/books/2017/04/26/tahere...

Natália Lopes (silkcaramel) | 252 comments Mod
Andrea wrote: "Have you heard the news? Three more books will be added to the series? Book 4 will be released spring 2018. No cover yet.

Author interview⬇️
http://ew.com/books/2017/04/26/tahere...-..."

Ugh, I don't know how I feel about this. The trilogy ended on such a perfect note for me, that I don't think it needs anything more to add to it. I'm afraid that it will only spoil what we have, or add something unecessary (like what happened with The Selection. The Heir & The Crown were good? Yes, nothing espectacular, but nice. Was it really necessary to add to America & Maxon's story? Hell no, it was perfect the way "The One" ended. It felt complete and beautiful.). But let's see how Tahereh will do this...hopefully it will be as excellent as the first half. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T DESTROY WARNETTE OR WARNER & JULIETTE'S CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, I BEG YOU.