Contemporary YA discussion

The Lunar Chronicles Boxed Set: Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, Fairest, Winter
This topic is about The Lunar Chronicles Boxed Set
Series > The Lunar Chronicles

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 1054 comments Mod
The Little Android (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.6) by Marissa Meyer Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5) by Marissa Meyer Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer
(winter will not be released until Nov. 2015)

Which books have you read? What did you think? Who is your favorite character? Discuss the Lunar Chronicles here.

message 2: by MaddyLeeReads (new)

MaddyLeeReads | 3 comments I only read the first three books and some of the short stories. These books are amazing!

message 3: by Robin (new)

Robin (thebookbin) I finished Cress last night and I've read both Cinder and Scarlet and I honestly can't wait until November I don't know what I'm going to do. This series is phenomenal!!

message 4: by Andrea (new)

You have to read Fairest Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5) by Marissa Meyer . You will learn just how evil the queen really is and why. The short book also introduces Winter...so you get a little of her backstory. I can't for November either!

message 5: by Robin (new)

Robin (thebookbin) Im planning on reading it for sure! Do you happen to know if there is a paperback version of Fairest? I've only seen hardcover in my local stores which won't match the rest of the series on my shelves (So particular I know I roll my own eyes at myself.)

message 6: by Andrea (new)

It is available in paperback. If you ever want to check out other editions like paperback just locate the book on Goodreads look for other editions just above the "Get a Copy" buttons - click other editions and look for paperback. You can also use the dropdown arrow and select paperback.

message 7: by Natália (new)

Natália Lopes (silkcaramel) | 252 comments Mod
I absolutely love this series!It hooked me from the start. The adaptations were very interesting and the characters are so likible. I recently finished Fairest and although it made me understand her a little bit, her motives and even got me to pity her a a little, I still despise her. Cress and Scarlett are by far my favorites. I CAN'T WAIT FOR NOVEMBER!

message 8: by Andalynne (new)

Andalynne Moore (mikkiemoore) | 6 comments I love this series! It's my favorite! I need to read Fairest, though. I have it, I've just been so busy I haven't had the chance to read it. I really want to read it!

message 9: by Robin (new)

Robin (thebookbin) Thank you so much, Andrea!

message 10: by Anna (new)

Anna | 4 comments I am just finished garlic I really like that book I've read many unpleasant reviews but I thought it was good I didn't think that the romance between Scarlet and Wolf was a little horse that's fine but I'm really happy that they ended up together also really love the cover art for sender I think it's really pretty is really awesome

message 11: by Yuna (new)

Yuna Oh I read all the books in the series twice XD
I love this series and I absolutely cannot wait for winter!!

message 12: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cutiepi514) | 4 comments I just started reading Cinder. I hope it's as good as everyone says!

message 13: by A'lyssa (new)

A'lyssa Jackson | 2 comments I'm on Cress right now! Ah I wish life would go away so I could have time to keep reading it. I am in love with the series and I can only expect more awesome to spring forth from it

message 14: by Cristal (last edited Apr 29, 2015 10:33PM) (new)

Cristal (cristaliscool) | 6 comments I have Cinder on Kindle, and I can't wait to read it!! Just trying to finish some other books, there's so many :o lol i will update when I start to read it. :)

message 15: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (fionapplepie) | 3 comments I'm currently reading Scarlet and I find it waaaaay more interesting than Cinder. Because I find it more straightforward and unnecessary parts were lessen. But the only perk I found in Scarlet is the intechanging of POVs that sometimes I tend to be confused and a bit lost in the flow of the story.

Nonetheless, I'm looking foward to new jaw-dropping revelations in Scarlet just like how I was in Cinder. :)

message 16: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey (kelseypartridge) I've already read Cinder and I own Scarlet, but probably won't read it until summer. Cinder just kind of dragged at first, but I'm sure I'll like scarlet more since it's little red riding hood.

message 17: by Andrea (new)

I've read Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5) by Marissa Meyer Fairest is the 272 page short bridge book between Cress and Winter. I loved the way each book has it's own new lead character and new story, yet they are intertwined with the continuing story. Fairest proved that Levana is one Evil, Evil, heartless, sick and twisted queen. I can't wait for Winter, except it's the last book. Goodreads shows that it will be 800 pages!

My favorite book so far is Cress. I thought Cress' story was an interesting spin on Rapunzel. I just loved her right away. I loved the new characters and the progression of the story.

message 18: by Sinead (last edited May 01, 2015 05:14AM) (new)

Sinead I've read the first 3 books and have yet to read Fairest as it isn't released on Kindle in the UK/Ireland for some reason, and I adore them all, but Cinder is my favourite as I love Cinder and Kai they're just so swoon-worthy. However I love the spin Meyer took on these fairytale characters and can't wait to read Fairest to see her background story, I think it'll be very interesting to read!

Go here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... to read my reviews on Cinder!

message 19: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Brown (beautygoodbook) | 12 comments I really just couldn't get into this series.

message 20: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen Mary | 2 comments I loved the series so far. Fairest is a very short read. I was able to read it in one sitting. I can't wait for Winter to be released.