You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Challenges: Year Long Main 2021 > Casceil's 2015 Series reads

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Casceil (last edited Jul 15, 2015 10:21PM) (new)

Casceil | 2641 comments Reserved, while I figure this out.

Most recent series finish: Pirate's Alley, book 4 of the Sentinels of New Orleans.

message 2: by Casceil (last edited Jul 15, 2015 10:28PM) (new)

Casceil | 2641 comments I have contemplated trying to create a list of series I read, and I have despaired. So, I think I will go with reporting series as I read or finish them.

Here are two I have finished recently:

Royal Street, River Road, Elysian Fields, Pirate's Alley = 4 book series, Sentinels of New Orleans. 40 points for the series, plus five for reading the most recent book.

Alpha and Omega Series: Cry Wolf,Hunting Ground, Fair Game and Dead Heat.

40 points for series, plus 5 points for recent reread of Dead Heat.

That takes me to ninety points.

I have also read the first two books in the Accidental Demon Slayer Series,The Accidental Demon Slayer and The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers. (Two down, six to go.) That gives me another ten points. I think that finishes out my first level.

message 3: by Casceil (last edited Jul 25, 2015 10:11AM) (new)

Casceil | 2641 comments I've finished the "Ghost Hunter Mysteries" series. The series is nine books, but I had read several before this year. Since I signed up for this challenge, I have read Ghoul Interrupted, What a Ghoul Wants, The Ghoul Next Door and No Ghouls Allowed. So, 90 points for the series plus five points each for these four books brings me to 110 points, and I have finished level two.

message 4: by Casceil (last edited Aug 20, 2015 07:10PM) (new)

Casceil | 2641 comments Several series I've followed for years have recently put out new books, and I have read them.

Lord of the Wings is the 19th book in a series I have read all of. I believe that takes care of level 3 right there. 19 book series = 100 points. Lord of the Wings = 5 points. Total 105 points.

message 5: by Casceil (last edited Aug 20, 2015 07:21PM) (new)

Casceil | 2641 comments I have also finished the "Magical Cats" series. The ones I recently read are Cat Trick, Final Catcall, and A Midwinter's Tail for 15 points. Plus 60 points for six book series = 75 points. I have also read Meanwhile, Back in Deadwood, which finishes out the six-book "Deadwood" series. So 5 points for "Meanwhile. . ." plus 60 points for the series gives me 140 points. That finishes out Level 4.

message 6: by Casceil (last edited Sep 16, 2015 12:09PM) (new)

Casceil | 2641 comments I've just finished Murder of an Open Book: A Scumble River Mystery, which is the 18th book in the Scumble River series, and I have read them all. 18 book series=100 points, plus 5 points for latest book = 105 points. That finishes Level 5, which I believe is the last level for which badges are awarded. I've also finished three other series in the last couple of months, but I am too lazy to list them. (And some of them are embarrassing romances.)

message 7: by Almeta (new)

Almeta (menfrommarrs) | 10362 comments Glad you are joining in the madness!

message 8: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18196 comments Welcome to the madhouse that is this challenge.

message 9: by Casceil (new)

Casceil | 2641 comments Thanks, guys.

message 10: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 20275 comments Series are a killer! Take aim....

message 11: by Susan (new)

Susan Guard | 695 comments Casceil wrote: "Reserved, while I figure this out.

Most recent series finish: Pirate's Alley, book 4 of the Sentinels of New Orleans."

Ooh! I've been waiting for that one to be released!

message 12: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 50000 comments I'm glad you've decided to join us, Casceil!