2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
. Week 19: True Story > Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil: A Savannah Story by John Berendt

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah | 186 comments "Shots rang out in Savannah's grandest mansion in the misty,early morning hours of May 2, 1981. Was it murder or self-defense? For nearly a decade, the shooting and its aftermath reverberated throughout this hauntingly beautiful city of moss-hung oaks and shaded squares." That right there is what made me want to read this book.

I had wanted to read this book for the nonfiction week we had but I was on a long wait list at the library for it. I still wanted to read it for the challenge so I was happy when it was ready for this week.

I am pretty sure it would have work just as well for either week as it is a nonfiction book and based on a true story.

message 2: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily I'm planning on reading this for Week 28 - a book with antonyms in the title. :)

Sarah | 186 comments As I was adding this book to this week all I could think after I hit enter was wait was I going to read this for week 19 or week 28. I am sure I have another book on my list for week 28 but this was the only one left on my list that would fit in with week 19. lol

Sarah | 186 comments I am about 65% done this book already. I am really enjoying reading this one so far. If all non-fiction books were written like this I would probably read more of them. I love the way that this author makes me forget that I am not reading a fiction book!

Sarah | 186 comments Well I just finished the book and now I am sad. I was not ready for it to be over just yet! I would like to say that if I had the time off I would be looking into booking myself a visit to Savannah.

Charity (faeryrebel78) Sarah, You should definitely plan a trip to Savannah! I'm from right outside of Savannah and it's a beautiful area. Bonaventure is a beautiful cemetery you can spend hours there taking pictures. The statue from the cover is no longer there because of the damage done after the book and movie but I believe it's still at the art gallery downtown.

Krista (k_lou) | 48 comments I will be reading this for week 19 too, I saw the movie which I loved.

Sarah | 186 comments I have never seen the movie. I think I am going to find a copy of it and watch it sometime this week!

message 9: by Brittney (new)

Brittney (brittbee3) | 39 comments I will be reading this as well!

Veronica | 70 comments I will be reading this as well. I enjoy true crime stories and haven't read one in awhile so this intrigues me.

Veronica | 70 comments Just finished this. I really enjoyed it and need to find the movie now to watch it.