YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Shadow Cabinet (Shades of London, #3)
This topic is about The Shadow Cabinet
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > The Shadow Cabinet (Shades of London #3) by Maureen Johnson - Starting May 11th 2015

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83082 comments Mod
The thrilling third installment to the Edgar-nominated, bestselling series.

Rory and her friends are reeling from a series of sudden and tragic events. While racked with grief, Rory tries to determine if she acted in time to save a member of the squad. If she did, how do you find a ghost? Also, Rory’s classmate Charlotte has been kidnapped by Jane and her nefarious organization. Evidence is uncovered of a forty-year-old cult, ten missing teenagers, and a likely mass murder. Everything indicates that Charlotte’s in danger, and it seems that something much bigger and much more terrible is coming.

Time is running out as Rory fights to find her friends and the ghost squad struggles to stop Jane from unleashing her spectral nightmare on the entire city. In the process, they'll discover the existence of an organization that underpins London itself—and Rory will learn that someone she trusts has been keeping a tremendous secret.

Started this this morning but can't seem to get into it. can work out what is going on, and it seems really info-dumpy.

I'm up to 29% now, had it on text-to-speech while i was painting. I'm still pretty mystified as to what the heck is going on! (view spoiler)

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
That does not sound good!

Chapter 3 - I'm confused.

up to 44% and there's still not much happening.

60% (view spoiler)

Chapter 12 - Not enjoying this anywhere near as much as the other two.

Sarah wrote: "up to 44% and there's still not much happening."

Its pretty dull.

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Sarah wrote: "up to 44% and there's still not much happening."

Oh no!
I liked the prologue which was creepy. I'm about half way in Chap 1. I kind of forgot who everyone is except for Rory and Stephen. Who is Boo again?

Boo is the girl who got hit by a car? She was Rory's roommate I think, and Rory was really wary of her. Then it turned out that she had the sight the same as Rory, and she got hit by a car and nearly died I think?

Sarah wrote: "Boo is the girl who got hit by a car? She was Rory's roommate I think, and Rory was really wary of her. Then it turned out that she had the sight the same as Rory, and she got hit by a car and near..."

I think that was her.

Well from the way this ends, I don't think this is the last book in the series.

I'm just over halfway, but it's really dragging. Such a shame becuase the first two were really good!

It doesn't get any better. It's just info dump after info dump.

Ugh.

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Abbie wrote: "Chapter 3 - I'm confused."

Thorpe sure does talk a lot! (view spoiler)

Noella wrote: "Abbie wrote: "Chapter 3 - I'm confused."

Thorpe sure does talk a lot! [spoilers removed]"

yep.

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Sarah wrote: "I'm up to 29% now, had it on text-to-speech while i was painting. I'm still pretty mystified as to what the heck is going on! [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Chapter 7
(view spoiler)

Noella wrote: "Sarah wrote: "I'm up to 29% now, had it on text-to-speech while i was painting. I'm still pretty mystified as to what the heck is going on! [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

True.

Noella wrote: "Chapter 7
[spoilers removed]"

Yep. who knows what is going on!

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Chapter 14
(view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments 200 pages in and I just can't get into the story... it's like you girls said. I'm being force fed explanation after explanation and the mystery is just not exciting

That's just it. it was just explanation after explanation, we were just told stuff over and over again and it was all pretty dull. what happened to the mystery? it just went right out the window! and I didn't even like Rory as much. Such a let down after the first two books.

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Chapter 19
(view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Chapter 26
(view spoiler)

Sarah wrote: "That's just it. it was just explanation after explanation, we were just told stuff over and over again and it was all pretty dull. what happened to the mystery? it just went right out the window! a..."

It was really disappointing!

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Finished
(view spoiler)