J.D. Robb discussion

Dirty Little Secrets (J.J. Graves Mystery, #1)
This topic is about Dirty Little Secrets
Monthly Book Discussion Library > May Monthly Discussion - Dirty Little Secrets (J. J. Graves Mystery #1)

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandra (last edited Apr 29, 2015 01:09PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) | 10204 comments Mod
Our May Monthly Discussion Book Poll winner is Dirty Little Secrets by Liliana Hart. Please join us as we read & discuss this book. I have just started it and am loving the heroine's snarky humor already. This will become a Spoiler Zone on May 14.

J.J. Graves has seen a lot of dead bodies in her line of work...

She's not only in the mortuary business, but she's also the coroner for King George County, Virginia. When a grisly murder is discovered in the small town of Bloody Mary, it's up to J.J. and her best friend, Detective Jack Lawson, to bring the victim justice.

The murders are piling up...

The residents of Blood Mary are dropping like flies, and when a popular mystery writer shows up on J.J.'s doorstep with plans of writing his new book about the Bloody Mary Serial Killer, J.J. has to decide if he might be going above and beyond the call of duty to create the spine tinglers he's so well known for. It only clouds the issue and puts her reputation on the line when the attraction between them spirals out of control.

And passions are rising...

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan (cruelshoes) | 500 comments got it for free in Amazon U.S.

message 3: by Jonetta (new) - added it

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 12968 comments Mod
Thanks for the info, Susan!

Here's the link to Amazon for the free book:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005...

Sheri Morell (smorell22) | 2165 comments just got my free copy

Love getting free books!! Also love the beginning of this one...I love some humor mixed in!

Has anyone else started this one? I'm almost finished.

Sheri Morell (smorell22) | 2165 comments I probably won't be able to start this until next week.

message 8: by Susan (new)

Susan (cruelshoes) | 500 comments just started reading today wont be finished till maybe end of next week

message 9: by Paula (new)

Paula | 245 comments Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥ wrote: "Love getting free books!! Also love the beginning of this one...I love some humor mixed in!"

I have never received a free book. How is it done?

message 10: by Jonetta (new) - added it

Paula wrote: "Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥ wrote: "Love getting free books!! Also love the beginning of this one...I love some humor mixed in!"

I have never received a free book. How is it done?"

Do you have a Kindle or Kindle app?

Paula wrote: "Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥ wrote: "Love getting free books!! Also love the beginning of this one...I love some humor mixed in!"

I have never received a free book. How is it done?"

Paula, when I pulled the ebook up on Amazon for Kindle, it said the price was $.00 So all I did was "purchase" it by clicking on the purchase or one click button & they sent me the book for free.

I have finished this one. I'll wait for others to read before saying more.

message 13: by ShoSho (new) - added it

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 50 comments I think I'm in :D

message 14: by Dana (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dana | 4 comments Finished Dirty Little Secrets. I will wait for others to finish before starting to discuss. Going to start the next one in the series -- A Dirty Shame.

This will be a Spoiler Zone on May 14. Looking forward to the discussion.

message 16: by Susan (new)

Susan (cruelshoes) | 500 comments Hello can you tell me how to put something in spoil format?

message 17: by Monica (new)

Monica | 39 comments Susan wrote: "Hello can you tell me how to put something in spoil format?"

< spoiler > your text here < / spoiler >

Just remove the spaces between the symbols and spoiler. Hope this helps!

message 18: by Jonetta (new) - added it

Here's the link to the instructions:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 19: by Susan (new)

Susan (cruelshoes) | 500 comments am so bad with technology but will try.(view spoiler)

message 20: by Susan (new)

Susan (cruelshoes) | 500 comments yea I did it. its the little things in life sometimes that make you happy. am half way thru with this book so will be discussing with everyone soon

message 21: by Jonetta (new) - added it

Yay! Congrats:)

message 22: by Jonetta (new) - added it

Monica and I were obviously posting at the same time:)

message 23: by Susan (new)

Susan (cruelshoes) | 500 comments THANKS I knew it was somewhere but there are so many threads and postings I took the lazy way out

message 24: by Monica (new)

Monica | 39 comments Just glad we were able to help. And I know what you mean about small things. I still am proud of myself for knowing how to do the spoiler feature. So I was more than willing to share my vast (by which I mean very, very limited) technological knowledge.

message 25: by Monica (new)

Monica | 39 comments Jonetta wrote: "Monica and I were obviously posting at the same time:)"

I had a feeling she would get an answer from you and I at the exact same time, lol.

Feel free to openly discuss this book as this is now a spoiler zone. :)

So, what did you all think of Dirty Little Secrets?

Sheri Morell (smorell22) | 2165 comments I really enjoyed it, it had a lot of LOL moments. I really like J.J and Jack.

message 29: by Sandra (last edited May 20, 2015 07:28AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

I loved the snarky humor in this book. I liked J.J. & Jack. But for some reason, the story as a whole didn't quite "gel" for me. I enjoyed it but didn't Love it, if that makes sense. I do want to read the next book as I believe the series has great potential to really pick up.

Sheri Morell (smorell22) | 2165 comments I agree with you Sandra but the interaction between J.J and Jack. I will also continue the series because I also believe it has great potential.

message 31: by Susan (new)

Susan (cruelshoes) | 500 comments I have also finished this one and am on the last book in this series as JJ and Jack have such a wonderful connection to each other and I cant believe I have laughed at some of the things they do. the murders that happen in all the books just don't do it for me. I cant explain its not like the Will Trent or Grant County series where you may be able to pick out the who done it. have enjoyed all these books.