The Challenge Factory discussion

The Next Always (Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy, #1)
This topic is about The Next Always
2015 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > LaurLa & ChristinaT - Innsboro Trilogy

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (last edited May 26, 2015 03:32AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5382 comments Mod
LaurLa & ChristinaT - Innsboro Trilogy

LaurLa | 2490 comments Hi ChristinaT - just checking in. Did you have a start date in mind? I was hoping for Monday or Tuesday, but I'm flexible. Just let me know...

Christina T (crysteena73) | 709 comments I just got it from the e-library and can have it until May 15th so the sooner I get to it the better.

LaurLa | 2490 comments Maybe we can start Saturday or Sunday? I kinda need to read 2 others before this one...

Christina T (crysteena73) | 709 comments I have 2 to finish also. The weekend works for me.

LaurLa | 2490 comments I'm going to start this tonight - probably won't get far but if I don't read it over the next day or two, I'll end up post-ponig a couple of weeks. So I'll start and try to add some comments as I go.

Christina T (crysteena73) | 709 comments Sorry I wasn't able to start it over the weekend either. I'll comment as I go too!

LaurLa | 2490 comments I went farther than I expected last night! I guess that's a sign of a really good book - I didn't even realize how late it was when I forced myself to stop (around 2:00am). Every time I read another Nora Roberts, I remember why I like her so much. The story is just seamless. It's not a profound story or arc - it's just people in a small town, rehabbing a historic building, falling in love. But it moves, there's great pace, lots of feeling and strong characters. I SEE the town and Inn and gift shop and book store. And I FEEL the MCs falling for each other... so sigh. As usual, Ms Roberts is working her juju over me and I'm 3/4 into the book at 2 am before I even knew it with an alarm clock set for 5:30 am. Oy! Am I tired today!

Christina T (crysteena73) | 709 comments I got half way through it and had to put it on hold for another commitment. I know exactly what you are saying. I love the feeling I get while reading this. Nothing super exciting going on but quaint and lovely. I adore Claire's kids especially Murphy. The addition of the ghost is a nice touch.

message 10: by LaurLa (last edited May 24, 2015 04:35PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

LaurLa | 2490 comments Christina T wrote: "I got half way through it and had to put it on hold for another commitment. I know exactly what you are saying. I love the feeling I get while reading this. Nothing super exciting going on but quai..."

Oh yes, the ghost ;-) I went ahead and finished this one but my review wasn't much different than my previous comment - I'd love to hear any additional comments you have once you finish (if you haven't yet).

ETA - or if you want to continue buddy reading the series, I'd be up for that too.

Christina T (crysteena73) | 709 comments I'm still in the same spot. I have some time off of work coming up soon so I hope to finish it up. I'm working on another book for another team challenge I'm doing and as it's for a deadline I won't be able to pick up this one again until I'm done with that one. I wish I had more time in the day to read! I'm up for reading the next one in the trilogy but I'm pretty full up for June. Would July work for you?

LaurLa | 2490 comments It's no biggie. The second book has been picked for me for another challenge (Romance Readers Reading Challenges - Meet and Greet... if you're interested in another fun challenge group) but it's 2 month challenge so I can hold to July. We'll just check in again at the end of June?

Christina T (crysteena73) | 709 comments That sounds great. If I do manage to get to it sooner would that work for you too? I can always just add my comments here if it doesnt and you can post when you get to it. Oh and I was thinking of just keeping this thread open for the whole trilogy instead of separate threads for each book.

LaurLa | 2490 comments I agree of keeping the thread open for the trilogy. I can ask Denise to change the name of it.

Oh, and if you are able to get to it before July, that's good too, just let me know.

Christina T (crysteena73) | 709 comments I finished it and enjoyed it a lot. I gave it 4 stars and noticed that what many reviewers disliked about the book (the enormous amount of information about creating of the Inn) I loved. I particularly enjoyed the shout out to the In Death series by her creating an Eve and Roarke room. My issue was that everyone was just so perfect (other than Sam who was designed to be completely opposite.) Clare and Beckett were so logical when it came to discussing everything, something I normally would appreciate however, it rang too good to be true. Not only did Clare and Beckett communicate better than any other couple in the universe the entire town was pretty perfect. Like when Carolee was given the assistant innkeeper position. In most cases hiring a relative to work at your business is a bad idea. No one thought it was a bad idea. The only person who suggested that this only be ok'd after meeting with Hope was Carolee. Anyway, overall, the book just gave me warm fuzzies and I really felt for Clare when she struggled with the idea of the ghost comparing it to her late husband. Overall I liked the book a lot and am looking forward to the next two. Ry is particularly intriguing.

LaurLa | 2490 comments Christina T wrote: "I finished it and enjoyed it a lot. I gave it 4 stars and noticed that what many reviewers disliked about the book (the enormous amount of information about creating of the Inn) I loved. I particul..."

I agree with a lot that you said... there was a lot of almost too good to be true. But I kind of expected that so I was able to accept it for what it was. She had some issues to work through and that provided some angst. I liked the way it was the ghost that brought out her fears - definitely an interesting twist.

I also loved the Eve and Roarke reference and thought the information about rehabbing the inn was interesting. Really looking forward to the next one!

Christina T (crysteena73) | 709 comments Still planning on reading the next book this month LaurLa?