Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about Cinder
2015 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Lulu, Karina and Alana - Cinder

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 3 stars

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5590 comments Mod
Lulu, Karina and Alana - Cinder

Lulu (robotwitch) So looks like this one comes with "books", three with thirty-eight chapters. Checking back either every chapter, or every three chapters, seems like a plan?

I'm going to be starting this one as soon as May rolls in, I think, but can spoiler my opinions/ideas about each chapter if you guys plan on starting later. :)

Karina (karinargh) | 237 comments Every three chapters sounds reasonable, as this looks like a pretty fast and fluid kind of book!

Lulu (robotwitch) So, got through book one and half of book two today, to try and make up for my lack of reading yesterday. I've separated it into 3 chapter chunks below, hidden just in cases.

I'm enjoying it so far, but there are lots of elements I'm not sure how I feel about. I'll just have to see what Meyer does with them going forward. I'm not yet fully absorbed in the story, but maybe that'll come later.

Chapters 1-3
(view spoiler)

Chapter 4-6
(view spoiler)

Chapter 7-9
(view spoiler)

Chapter 10-12
(view spoiler)

Chapter 13-15
(view spoiler)

Lulu (robotwitch) Got through six more chapters today. Just trying to move quickly since I have so many books to read for May, plus deadlines!

Chapters 16-18
(view spoiler)

Chapter 19-21
(view spoiler)

Karina (karinargh) | 237 comments Chapter 1-3:
(view spoiler)

Can't remember if I left off at chapter 6 or 7, will be back later with more.

Karina (karinargh) | 237 comments 4-6:
(view spoiler)

7-9:
(view spoiler)

Lulu (robotwitch) Karina: (view spoiler)

Chapters 22-24
(view spoiler)

Chapters 25-27
(view spoiler)

Lulu (robotwitch) Chapters 28-30
(view spoiler)

Chapters 31-33
(view spoiler)

Chapter 34-36
(view spoiler)

I wasn't going to finish this tonight, but with so little left, I might as well...

Chapters 37-38
(view spoiler)

Karina (karinargh) | 237 comments I finished this book last night, too - it was fast and now I feel a bit challenged when it comes to breaking down commentary to three chapters at a time. (And, because Lulu and I have similar reactions to the book, and Alana hasn't joined the read yet: Don't be horrified if you feel the exact opposite about the book, please!)

10-12:
(view spoiler)

13-15:
(view spoiler)

16-18:
(view spoiler)

19-21:
(view spoiler)

22-24:
(view spoiler)

25-27:
(view spoiler)

28-30:
(view spoiler)

31-33:
(view spoiler)

34-38 (bunched up)
(view spoiler)

Alana (alockley) Wow, you girls work fast. I am finishing up another book and will be starting this one in the next few days. Did it live up to all the hype?

message 12: by Lulu (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lulu (robotwitch) Yeah, I was really excited for it, so I started it as soon as May came in! It was alright, but a lot of the romance aspects weren't to my tastes.

But it was fun, and fast-paced. I hope you enjoy it more than myself or Karina (as she said, no worries if you have different views - in fact, I'd love to hear if/why you love it since I think I was just being too cynical for it!). It's so popular, so I feel somewhat disappointment I didn't get to experience the love other people have for it!

I look forward to hearing what you think!

Karina (karinargh) | 237 comments What I really loved was the suggestion of a high-tech fantasy world - I would have liked to see a greater investigation of just that world (and its political system) - but that is everything to do with me and my reading preferences, and if I got what I asked for, it would probably change this book out of its lighthearted YA genre placement entirely. :p Which is unfair and silly.

So - my problem here was maybe that I was being teased with the makings of a novel I would much rather read than the one I got? Throughout the text, I mean.

(Whole book spoiler here)
(view spoiler)