The Challenge Factory discussion

Manwhore (Manwhore, #1)
This topic is about Manwhore
2015 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Lou, V-Nerd, Emma, Snowtulip, K-Terror & Jodi - Manwhore

Comments Showing 1-50 of 95 (95 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (last edited May 18, 2015 11:25PM) (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5376 comments Mod
Lou, V-Nerd, Emma, Snowtulip, K-Terror & Jodi - Manwhore

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Checking in

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Me too!

Snowtulip Me three, hope this is good, just read a bad book :( Need to wash it out of my brain!

Jodi (jojolyn) | 662 comments Hi all, I want to sign up to read this with you.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Welcome Jodi! (I submitted a request to update the thread name.)

I'm good to read this one anytime!

Jodi (jojolyn) | 662 comments I am able to start reading at anytime. This will be my first Buddy Read! How does this work?

Snowtulip I'm open to starting anytime...would this weekend work??

Snowtulip So crazy, I could have swore I bought this during the audible 50 % sale, apparently I didn't! It's still sitting in my wish list :(

Decisions, do I kindle or audio it ?

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Was that rhetorical?

:)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments PS - I can start this weekend too.

message 12: by Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧ (last edited May 01, 2015 08:25AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments Finally checking in. Please tell me when to pull the trigger. Are we aiming for Saturday or Sunday?

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments YES! :D

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments oh... like pick ONE?
I can do Saturday..

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Saturday is cool with me, out all day though so will have to start it in the evening.

message 16: by Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧ (last edited May 01, 2015 09:01AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "oh... like pick ONE?
I can do Saturday.."

OMG, Kristin. Yes, I meant pick ONE. Saturday it is. Thanks for the laugh!

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Yeah I loves me some weekend smut !!
Out with the little one on sat so won't read it till later, slightly inappropriate for people to see me reading Manwhore on the train with an 8 year old haha!

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments V Audio Nerd wrote: "Yeah I loves me some weekend smut !!
Out with the little one on sat so won't read it till later, slightly inappropriate for people to see me reading Manwhore on the train with an 8 year old haha!"

Right? I would be the passenger who is thrust into a strait jacket and dragged from the train as I inappropriately cackle like a rooster on steroids with a brillo pad stuck up his butt, because I looked at the two of you, read the title of your book, and completely lost it! Thanks for sparing me!

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Haha I just snotted tea out of my nose !!

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments V Audio Nerd wrote: "Haha I just snotted tea out of my nose !!"

I learned the hard way that it is a mistake to read this thread while drinking or eating ANYTHING as I have suffered a few close encounters with choking on my own saliva. Well, I guess that beats the hell out of choking on someone else's saliva? Hmmmmm . . . or not?

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Lol as long as it was someone who could then possibly give mouth to mouth afterwards I'd be fine !

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments OMG! I'm catching up and appreciating the Friday afternoon laugh! Thanks!

Do you know how many times I have to totally darken my audio screen so people in public can't see the smut I'm reading while strolling through the grocery store? They probably wonder though, as I probably seem to enjoy fondling the produce more than most

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Haha I can just imagine you doing that!

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments Yeah, me too. Stay away from bananas, plantains, and zucchini.

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments and cucumbers .....oh and butternut squash haha

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I'm DEFINITELY staying away from baby carrots.

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments [image error] photo bitmoji-439910067_zpsd74yybjt.png

How did I forget the cukes? Wow. This BR should be awesome even if the book sucks!

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments This is going to be one of "those" books, it's either going to be brilliant or really bad lol.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I've read some pretty crappy ones lately so my bar is not real high coming in. :)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Yeah some of my ones have been less than stellar!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Did you read the Audioblast book yet - 8 Weeks? I have to say I was pleasantly surprised but it held my interest through out.

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments No I haven't read that yet, it's up next for me actually!

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments ooh I forgot to tell you, did you see that Miss Bracken is bringing out another Darkest Minds book?? just a novella but it will be #3.5 Sams story !!!

Snowtulip Yippee, lots of chat today :D

The smut in public is so hard, I've tried reducing font, but generate even more interest because I have to bring it so close to my face ;)

V, Darkest Minds might be next on my list as I continue my sweet guy marathon!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Ooooh! That's great news about Darkest Minds novella!! Whoop-Whoop!!

I will likely start this smut tomorrow after I get in my last Wheelathon book.

Sooooo looking forward to this one!

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments ST Darkest minds is the BEST series, I loved it.

Sooo I'm a few hours ahead of you guys being in the UK and all that, so I'm starting before I go out for the day...........hmmm so far, so FSOG !!

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Hmm I'm not too sure but I think he has green eyes!!!

message 39: by Jodi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jodi (jojolyn) | 662 comments Good morning all! I'm ready to start reading. Since we are talking about reading smut, I let peopel see what I'm reading. I work in a library and romance/erotica readers have gotten a bad rap for a long time. At this point I say screw em and get over it already. (so sorry, this is my sore spot)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Hmm... Over the top?

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments Starting now. Bar set relatively low, so I can only be pleasantly surprised.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I like your attitude Jodi!!!

Snowtulip I had to finish my "O" book...done, now I can start this after my bike ride this morning, see you in a few hours!

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Well slight confession, my little boy decided that he didn't want to come into the city with me, so I've had a whole day to myself, shopping and listening to the book.
I only have 1 hour left haha!

Snowtulip Go V!!! How's the narrator??

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Not too bad actually, the book is okay, not brilliant but not crap just okay !!

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Just finished .............not happy with the ending!!
All in all it wasn't bad, gave it 3•5☆

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments V Audio Nerd wrote: "Just finished .............not happy with the ending!!
All in all it wasn't bad, gave it 3•5☆"

Is the ending a setup for Manwhore +1 (Manwhore, #2) by Katy Evans ?

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Yes definitely!

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments V Audio Nerd wrote: "Yes definitely!"

Just as I expected. I'm only at 17%. My Saturday has not gone the way I planned. I expect to finish later tonight.

« previous 1