The Challenge Factory discussion

Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1)
This topic is about Burn for Me
2015 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Lauren, Christina T., Stacey & Nichole - Burn for Me

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5588 comments Mod
Lauren, Christina T., Stacey & Nichole - Burn for Me

Nichole | 1862 comments Hi Ladies! Just checking in. I have this one on audio. In fact, all 6 of the BR's I signed up for are audios... rut-roh.

Lauren (laurenjberman) I have it on audio too :0)

When would you like to start?

Nichole | 1862 comments Maybe tomorrow? Depending on SS :) I can wait too if needed. I'm pretty flexible.

Lauren (laurenjberman) I'm in the middle of an audio now but can start on Tuesday

Nichole | 1862 comments Sounds good to me :)

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Tuesday sounds good!

Christina T (crysteena73) | 715 comments I will be starting from the middle of the book so whenever you all start I'll join in as you all start.

Lauren (laurenjberman) I've started and am up to the point where (view spoiler) - what a jerk!

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments I should be finishing another book today and start this one today or tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

Lauren (laurenjberman) I'm at 27%

Nevada and Rogan's meeting - (view spoiler)

Adam - (view spoiler)

Nevada's family - (view spoiler)

Nichole | 1862 comments I just started a little bit ago, on chapter 3 right now.

Lauren~ your 1st spoiler (view spoiler)

Nichole | 1862 comments Lauren wrote: "I'm at 27%

Nevada and Rogan's meeting - [spoilers removed]

Adam - [spoilers removed]

Nevada's family - [spoilers removed]"

1st meeting- (view spoiler)

Adam-(view spoiler)

Nevada's Family- (view spoiler)

I keep getting interrupted, grrr.. Only on Ch. 7

(view spoiler)

Nichole | 1862 comments I didn't get very far yesterday. I really wanted to have this finished before the next Bingo shelf is called.

Peaches-(view spoiler)

Bug-(view spoiler)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Nichole wrote: "I keep getting interrupted, grrr.. Only on Ch. 7"

Yes, it is the one downside of audios.
I'm on chapter 10 (I think) and I love every moment of this book!

Rogan and Nevada's bickering reminds me of Kate and Curran :0)

Adam - (view spoiler)

Adam's agenda - (view spoiler)

Peaches - (view spoiler)

Bug - (view spoiler)

Nevada's magic - (view spoiler)

Nichole | 1862 comments Lauren wrote: "Rogan and Nevada's bickering reminds me of Kate and Curran :0)"

Very much! I love it :)

I'm on chapter 12 now.

Adam's agenda-(view spoiler)

Nevada's magic -(view spoiler)

Harper-(view spoiler)

Courting?- (view spoiler)

Nichole | 1862 comments Well, I just finished it. I LOVED it!!!

The snark, the humor, the sexual tension, the kick assery... just awesome! Did I mention that I loved it? :)

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Wow you are quick! I'm waaay behind. Other stuff (kids!) getting in the way.

Nichole | 1862 comments I couldn't help it! Plus, I had the house to myself this afternoon :) Hopefully, you'll get some reading time soon.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Thx. Only about 30% in. Will post later but I'm liking it so far. I do see some similarities between her and Kate Daniels which is fine actually since I love that series!

Lauren (laurenjberman) On chapter 12

Adam's agenda - (view spoiler)

Harper (view spoiler)

Courting (view spoiler)

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Nichole wrote: "Lauren wrote: "I'm at 27%

Nevada and Rogan's meeting - [spoilers removed]

Adam - [spoilers removed]

Nevada's family - [spoilers removed]"

1st meeting- [spoilers removed]

Adam-[spoilers removed..."

So I am still only about 30% in (view spoiler)

Nichole | 1862 comments Lauren wrote: "On chapter 12

Courting-"
(view spoiler)

message 24: by Nichole (last edited May 07, 2015 01:26PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nichole | 1862 comments Stacey wrote: "So I am still only about 30% in"

Have you read The Elemental Assassin Series (Gin Blanco) by Jennifer Estep? Or the Mercedes Thompson Series by Patricia Briggs? I think they're probably the closest match up to Kate Daniels. Especially Mercy with her humor. Gin is more of a kick butt and take names. That's just my opinion though :)

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Nichole wrote: "Stacey wrote: "So I am still only about 30% in"

Have you read The Elemental Assassin Series (Gin Blanco) by Jennifer Estep? Or the Mercedes Thompson Series by Patricia Briggs? I think they're prob..."

I read the first in Elemental Assassin series and liked it. But I'll check out Mercedes Thompson- thanks!

Lauren (laurenjberman) I love Gin! She's my favorite UF heroine after Kate Daniels. I also like the Mercy Thompson series although I have some issues with it.

I'm at 88% (toward the end of chapter 13 I think)

Rogan and Nevada (view spoiler)

message 27: by Nichole (last edited May 08, 2015 04:37AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nichole | 1862 comments Lauren wrote: "I love Gin! She's my favorite UF heroine after Kate Daniels."

I agree! It took me until book 3 to really love it though. I wasn't sure after the first book but they do get better. And by book 3 it was on my favorites shelf.

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Nichole wrote: "Lauren wrote: "I love Gin! She's my favorite UF heroine after Kate Daniels."

I agree! It took me until book 3 to really love it though. I wasn't sure after the first book but they do get better. A..."

That's good to hear. I like GIn too but the dark anger tone of the book got me a little down... I will continue with it though.

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Lauren wrote: "Nichole wrote: "I keep getting interrupted, grrr.. Only on Ch. 7"

Yes, it is the one downside of audios.
I'm on chapter 10 (I think) and I love every moment of this book!

Rogan and Nevada's bick..."

I think I am the furthest behind so I will not do spoilers- on chap 10. 50% so Christina I think is also around this point?

I am loving the book. I love their writing and just enjoy every bit of it. Funny, sarcastic humor, the sexual tension (and the comedy of it like, "and why did I just ask him that?". Really funny to me- I think a lot like her!-, and the action. Cool new twist on magic and power and the Houses etc. Lots of fun!
Oh, and I love Mad Rogan! Yikes- that's a little scary;)

Lauren (laurenjberman) I'm done ... Simply amazing! I can't wait for October and the next book.

The epilogue - (view spoiler)

Nichole | 1862 comments Lauren wrote: "I'm done ... Simply amazing! I can't wait for October and the next book."

Me too!

The epilogue-(view spoiler)

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Happy Mother's Day to all of us who celebrate this day!
My gift to self was to finish this book this am and I LOVED it! Such a great writing team they can do no wrong by me..
(view spoiler)

Nichole | 1862 comments Sounds like we'll all be ready for another BR in October/November :) I know I won't be waiting 6 months after release to start the 2nd book!

Lauren (laurenjberman) @Stacy - loved that quote about Rogan and Augustine, lol!

re Kelly (view spoiler)

@Nichole - I'm in for that buddy read! I won't be waiting either. I need to know what happens next!

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Lauren wrote: "@Stacy - loved that quote about Rogan and Augustine, lol!

re Kelly [spoilers removed]

@Nichole - I'm in for that buddy read! I won't be waiting either. I need to know what happens next!"

I am also definitely in!!