Overruled (The Legal Briefs, #1) Overruled discussion

Not what I thought

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena I was waiting for this book for a long time... before there was even a cover and a just started reading, I have to say after reading 4 chapters I hate Stanton... at this point pls tell me his not as bad further in the book as i think he is

This book is nothing I was expecting,I have no idea if I can finish it cause it's making me so mad

Zoeya K He gets worse, I'll be honest with you. Don't understand how people love him when all I wanted to do was punch him in the face (I'm not a violent person) but my gosh I could kill him. Don't know what either girls ever saw in him.

Applesandpie Oh thank god, I'm not the only one who sees the book this way.. I skimmed over the end and Zoeya is right he gets worse. Don't bother to read the book again, go burn it.

Nikki I utterly hated it!!! I didn't like Stanton at all. by the end I was secretly hoping he fell off a cliff and Jenn and Sofia found happiness else where.
he was just such a sleeve!!! He wanted his cake and then some. Jenny and Sofia were both total doormats and don't get me started on how weird their families were.

I really hated it. wish I'd packed up at the beginning. A waste of good reading time!!

Little Star Well, the title says it all for me. Not what I thought.
And to think I got so excited for this book....

I agree and don't understand how so many people could like, even love Stanton.
Drew Evans was an asshole too, but she somehow made him a very likable guy, but this character? Sorry, Mrs. Chase, but I couldn't really stand him. Not to mention, the ending felt too damn rushed.

message 6: by Kim (last edited May 07, 2015 09:51PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim I totally agree! I hated Sofia and Stanton's character. I think it's how the story flow and the building of the characters (which by the way, so unlikable) and made me hate the story as well.
He's trying to win Jen back but he still had sex with Sofia..and why would she engage in that kind of relationship with Stanton knowing his situation? Not my kind of story. Made me want to punch their faces. Not Sorry

Leslie Omg....I felt same way & thought it was just me. I was disapointed in this book. It was not funny like Tangled and Stanton was not at all likeable (he wasnt even one of those "love to hate" characters). Glad I'm not alone.

Finn Is I HATE STANTON TOO!When i started read this book,i loved the relationship b/n jenn and staton,but after he goes to uni he changes and his relationship with sofia..UGH!!i was so irritated that i stopped reading the book...It's really NOT WHAT I THOUGHT

message 9: by Hannah (last edited May 29, 2015 05:06PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Hannah Thank god! i put in my review how i hated him and how much of a prick he is then today someone liked it and I thought good im not alone (people arnt going to come with their pitchforks hunting me down for saying he was a jerk). Then i saw this post and now I know I wasnt wrong. He doesnt own Jenny and if he was serious he would have been a better man and a better father. This book isnt what i thought either but i hope the series gets better because i like the author

Cynthia I'm half way through and I could tell where the book was heading. I will finish it (Emma Chase is a great writer, I can't put it down). But good lord the cognitive dissonance that Stanton has is astounding. It's like watching a car crash, I can't look away.

Cheryl question>>>> DO all leading men in romance novels have to be perfect for us to enjoy a book? Just saying I disliked Stanton's treatment of Jenny but she was exactly where she wanted to be and so was he, they just couldn't let that First love thing go. When they finally did, her first obviously , life and love became so much clearer. Stanton being a stubborn know it all didn't help it happen soon enough. I have to say I had a hard time swallowing the premise of this story too but end result >> I enjoyed it. Reading Sustained right now and I assure you this one is very male lead redeeming. Go for it and you will see Stanton and Sofia as a couple also.

Beverly Quigley I just finished the book and was not thrilled. I thought Stanton treated Sophia and Jenny both poorly and Sophia was more of a doormat. I have loved Her book and I always recommended them to friends but not his one!!!

message 13: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann Dornan I try not to take a book in this genre too seriously. I mean WOAH some of you have some strong opinions. Maybe it's because unlike tangled this book has more complicated character background, it's not all fun and romance. Anyway I love Emma and I love this book.

message 14: by Luv (last edited Jun 29, 2016 07:48PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Luv I hated Stanton and I rated the book poorly as a result. Stanton has zero redeeming qualities. If I hadn't read the second book first I never would have read the third book in this trilogy. Besides it wasn't that great of a series anyway. I expected something similar to Sawyer Bennett's Legal Affairs series and this definitely doesn't compare in quality to SB's series. I'd put Friction or Confessions of a Litigation God up against any book of this trilogy.

Ankita Dutta As an avid lover of contemporary romance, I decided to start writing a book 2 years ago.

An alpha male with a heart and baggage, this book is the first in a series of three.

When Manhattan royalty, Ian Sanders, meets bright-eyed chef Ella Scott, who has the power to reduce his intellectual abilities to alarming proportions, their lives are sprinkled with sexy liaisons, a pinch of hope, along with a dollop of tragic, life-changing consequences

A new chapter on wattpad every 2 weeks.

Would love for you all to read & follow. Your comments and feedback are welcome with open arms:)

http://my.w.tt/UiNb/x9ADBaFZdC
a moment ago

Ilana i always love to see everyone's reactions to stories. while i didn't love stanton, i hate to say it, but he was honest. and he was the one who tried to do right by Jenny from moment go. She's the one that i actually don't care for. And here's why.

1) she pushed him away , and i'd likely have done the same thing as her at 17 and pregnant, but still, he was going to stay

2) she's the one who suggested that they date other ppl

3) she never once shared with Stanton that she was even dating someone else, and even led him to believe that she was truly 'his girl' - and with the twist at the end on her 'preferences' - well i think that she absolutely was capable at any time of the 10+ years to tell him

so sure, Stanton is the Prodigal Son, back from DC being super successful, yet kind of selfish, but personally, Jenny to me was the one that i liked less.