Book Assassins discussion

Book Discussions > I Was Here

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lea (new)

Lea (leaspot) I am reading the book right now.

I just finished reading Love Letters to the Dead, the book that the group read for October. Maybe too much reading about suicide at one time, :-) but it's kind of interesting how Love Letters to the Dead was about a sister who was left behind, and this is about the best friend. I'm not sure which one I like best at the moment. I'm about halfway through I Was Here.

message 2: by Lea (new)

Lea (leaspot) Leigh wrote: "I just finished the book and I thought it was really good, it just wasn't a favorite in my eyes. What did you think about the storyline overall?"

I ended up liking this book better than Love Letters to the Dead, because Cody was spunky. Even when she made crazy decisions, I liked that she was tough and had courage. I just feel like Meg's secret (especially her high school mono!) would have been a hard one to keep from Cody, if they were such close friends/almost like sisters. That kept bugging me. Also, the romance wasn't my favorite. Still, I really liked it. What did you think?

I guess we'll be reading Thirteen Reasons Why next, so we'll have another suicide book to compare. I've heard good things about it. :-)