1×1+ RPs discussion

1×1's > Rosie + Echo

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) | 211 comments That's totally cool honestly.

As for what I meant for superheroes I meant like teens and young adults who are learning how to fit in with their Powers and stuff. Less saving the world and more personal issues you know? But super villainy could always be an added factor.

message 2: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) | 211 comments Yeah that sounds great! Any specifics you like in characters?

message 3: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) | 211 comments Oh yeah, that's a good idea, the problem is, I haven't really thought through the powers yet???

message 4: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) | 211 comments Wait, my girl is going to have super strength/senses and my boy will be a shifter of sorts, but he can make anything appear like something else about the same size. So like, make a piece of paper look like money, but when he's too far away from it, it goes back to being a regular piece of paper.

message 5: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) | 211 comments Sounds good to me! Do you like detailed characters? Or are you cool with super simple templates?

message 6: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) | 211 comments So name, age, appearance, and power description?

message 7: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) | 211 comments Name: Quincy O'Donoghue
Appearance:

Powers:
☆Super Strength
Quincy is undoubtedly the strongest living being on Earth, able to lift several tons, and not even break a sweat.
☆Super Vision
Quincy can see three times further than 20/20 vision.
☆Enhanced Hearing
Quincy has hearing as good as a dog has, able to hear far away, and at low frequencies.

Name: Daniel Harrison
Appearance:
https://naijaloudspeaker.files.wordpr...
Powers:
☆Shifting
Dan can shift his appearance and appear as anyone on Earth. He is the master of disguise.
☆Cloaking
Dan can change the appearance of an object so it appears to be something else for a short period of time. He doesn't change the actual object, just it's appearance to others.

message 8: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) | 211 comments Awwww shucks, yours are great too!

message 9: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) | 211 comments You should just go ahead, I am a little busy so it might take me a while.

message 10: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) | 211 comments At least one paragraph for each character, I usually do about two for each unless I'm exhausted or distracted.

message 11: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) | 211 comments Dan was typically the kid people went to when they wanted a fake ID or anything else illegal for high school kids to get a hold of. That didn't make him a bad kid, just resourceful. Besides, after growing up in the house he did, Dan would rather claw his own eyes out before he used drugs or started drinking. It wasn't his scene. Making money, on the other hand, was practically what he lived for.
Dan sat outside of his homeroom as he waited for the bell to ring. He wasn't exactly a social butterfly because most people trying to be his friend just wanted discounts. He tended to scoff at humanity and think of himself as better than the rest, regardless of how he wanted to think of others. Dan licked his lips and glanced around the hallway in boredom.

~

Smoke. The smell was driving Quincy up the wall, her enhanced senses begging her to just take off running until she was at least 5 miles from the source. Considering that the smoke was coming from the school, she wouldn't have minded ditching, but her parents would throw a fit. Quincy was what most people referred to as 'Ms. Perfect'. Straight teeth, great hair, all A's, and a flawless attendance record. Her parents would throw a fit if they knew the truth about her and her inhuman strength.
Quincy followed her nose around the side of the school building until she found the source of the smoke. Some punk was smoking a cigarette. "You should put that out." Quincy said, resisting the urge to plug her nose and burst into a coughing fit.

((I'm going to bed))

message 12: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) | 211 comments ((Okay, I'm back))

message 13: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) | 211 comments ((Oh ew, education is gross.))

Dan jumped practically three feet in the air when he was interrupted from his thoughts by a girl tripping in front of him. He pulled out his ear buds and leaned forward to help her pick up her books. "Are you okay? I mean, probably, considering you don't look hurt, but still." He handed her the papers and books he grabbed, almost creeped out by how quickly his boredom was solved. Maybe next he should ask for a million bucks, although he probably didn't need it, considering.
Once she was on her feet again, Dan got a good look at her face. So he may have been looking at her boobs while they were scrambling around for books, but he was being nice and that's what counted. "I don't think I know you? I'm Dan." He gave her a relaxed smile.

~

"Are you for real? Is it so hard to believe that I'm asking you to put out a damn cigarette for a reason other than trying to piss you off?" Quincy crossed her arms and glared at him angrily. So maybe her super strength came with the side effect of super aggression, that wasn't her problem. In fact, right now it was his. Especially because it would take her no effort to put out the damn thing herself. Like some skinny high school kid could stop her.
Okay he wasn't that skinny, and his muscles were actually endearing, but still, Quincy could beat a lion at an arm wrestling contest with just her pinky finger. "Maybe I'm asking for a personal reason. Maybe the smoke is bothering me. Maybe I have asthma and your sitting right under the open window of my homeroom class." All of the above were true. Even the asthma, but with her super strength it was harder to over exert her lungs. At least she wasn't stupid enough to give the whole 'cigarettes are death sticks' line. He had probably heard that a thousand times before and one bratty girl wasn't going to change that.

message 14: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) | 211 comments Dan gave a toothy smile. "Yeah, it probably is nice to meet me." He chuckled and gave her a firm, yet halfway awkward handshake. She was cute, Dan had to give her that, but, unfortunately for his dating life, he liked to keep his options open. "So new kid huh? That sucks. But hey, if you ever need anything, I'm the guy that'll hook you up as long as you have a mighty need and a mighty wallet." He gave her a cheeky wink before sitting down in front of his homeroom again.

~

Liam infuriated Quincy. It was like he had a manual sticking out of his back pocket called 'How to Push Quincy's Buttons: A Guide by an Asshole'. She wanted nothing more to turn around and rip his face off, unfortunately she would have been the number one suspect in his murder case based off of this conversation alone. Maybe if they hadn't gone to the same school since the second grade, she might have been able to get away with murder, but she did, and it sucked. So Quincy did the second best thing. She pressed her lips together in frustration and decided to poke the bear. "Right. Because a narcissistic asshole like you would have listened to me if I didn't raise my voice like a God damn mother. Sorry, but I don't like to play 'Who Grew Up Without a Parent' this early in the morning." The sarcasm in her voice left a tangible cloud of hostile emotions sitting in the air between them.

message 15: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) | 211 comments "You serious Holmes? You really don't know?" Dan blinked in disbelief. She couldn't be that high up in the clouds could she? "Drugs girl. Drugs and anything else that's illegal for someone in high school to have." Of all the people he could have run into, he ran into the one girl that would probably never buy something from him. Fabulous. Although, it's never a good idea for a dealer to befriend a customer, they'll expect discounts you aren't willing to give. So maybe this could work out, if Dan played his cards right. "Fake IDs are my specialty though. No one can make an ID as good as me, I guarantee it." Okay, so forgery wasn't as bad as dealing drugs, but she probably still didn't approve of his life choices. Maybe he'd get lucky? Yeah right, not with his luck.

~

Quincy was so beyond pissed, she didn't even care who she hurt with what she said. The daggers that came from her eyes were sharp enough to cut stone, intense enough to murder someone, hot enough to burn... Quincy's expression fell into an 'o' shape. Liam was on fire. For a second, Quincy thought she was the one who caused it, but it went out without a thought from her. That could only mean... "Liam!" He had powers too. That was the only explanation. He might even have answers that Quincy couldn't figure out, like how they got the powers and how to get rid of them.

message 16: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) | 211 comments .

message 17: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) | 211 comments ((Shhh... I was here the whole time))

"Well I have a credit plan that charges 15%" Dan replied sarcastically. "Of course, that's only for my valued customers." He shamelessly winked at Alex. She was cute, he would give her that, and funny too. Dan felt like he hit the jackpot being the first person to talk to her, like he had staked a claim on her. It was absolutely ridiculous to think like that, but Dan was always a bit of a jealous type when it came to things he wanted. Then again, Alex didn't seem like the type of girl who was into being possessed so Dan settled on toning it down a bit.

~~~

"That's not what I meant! Would you just listen to me?!?" Quincy couldn't believe how incredibly thick headed Liam was. He probably swore by the Earth revolving around him. Of course, he didn't listen to her and chose to continue being a hot blooded asshole. Quincy decided to do something drastic, namely pull a nearby pole out of the ground and throw it at Liam like the was picking up a paperclip. "Shut up god damn it!" She shouted in frustration.

message 18: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) | 211 comments Dan just grinned slyly. "Of course, I'm the smoothiest! Speaking of smoothies, me, you, tomorrow at the Smoothie Shack, you in?" Not his best pick up line, but he had to make do. Besides, she seemed to love how cheesy he was, or at least he hoped she loved it. Maybe it was a bit too early to swing for a date, but Dan didn't care. She was cute, funny, and laughed at his jokes which was just about everything he looked for in a girl.

~

It took several seconds for Quincy to find the courage to speak now that she was staring Liam down. "You're on fire." She finally said, barely above a whisper and he was. Quincy wasn't really sure what else to say and instead walked over to where the pole landed and picked it up, carrying it back to where she pulled it out of the ground and put it back in. She felt eerily calm after fighting with Liam. Maybe shouting matches were what helped her calm her nerves. "Tell me about it, you know, the fire."

message 19: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) | 211 comments "Don't worry about it, I can give you a ride. We could even skip school if you want." He waggled his eyebrows with a mischievous grin. Skipping school was one of his favorite passtimes, especially since the school tried so hard to keep him from leaving campus, but his powers made him impossible to find by the school security. They even went as far as having security posted only ten feet away from where he parked his car. They might as well be a mile away with how good that did them. Dan was just too good.

~

"I want to get rid of mine." Quincy said without hesitation. "I hate having super strength. I just want to be normal." It was the truth. If Quincy could find a similarity between her and Liam then maybe, just maybe, she would be able to find a way to get rid of her powers. It was a stretch, but it was also all Quincy had to go on.

message 20: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) | 211 comments Dan was shocked by how willing Alex was to skip school. He gave a low whistle and grinned. "Alright Ms. Bossypants, as you insist." Dan climbed to his feet and offered her an arm "Your Highness." Dan would never admit it so early on, but the bossy attitude was such a turn on. He led her out the door towards his car, security already eyeing the damn thing like a hawk. Of course, it only looked like his car. Dan had spent hours practicing how to disguise his car to look different and last the entire school day. It often exhausted him, but it was worth it when he wanted to ditch. Giving the security a wide berth, he led Alex to the back of the lot where his old light blue junker was disguised as a red prius, a popular choice of car among the student body.

~

Quincy's cheeks flushed pink. "You'll laugh at me if I tell you why. It's a shallow reason." She whispered the last part and looked away from Liam's gaze. Yeah her parents would freak if they knew she wasn't perfect, but Quincy wasn't afraid of her mom and dad. She was afraid of being unhappy and having someone discover her powers once in the past is what convinced her she would always be unhappy. Her parents had nothing to do with that. She stole a glance back at Liam, only to find a curious look in his eyes. "Promise you won't laugh?"

message 21: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) | 211 comments Dan opened the passenger door for Alex to climb in and then walked around to the driver's side. "Well Ms. Not Bossypants, be prepared to have the best smoothie you will ever taste in your lifetime." Dan peeled out of his parking space and sped out of the student lot before anyone could catch him. Once they were a safe distance from the school, Dan relaxed and began driving towards the Smoothie Shack. "I take it this is the best first day you ever had in your life?"

~

"No guy in their right mind would date a girl who was infinitely stronger than them, let alone fall in love." Quincy admitted quickly. "It's bad enough that I intimidate almost everyone with how perfect my parents expect me to be, I just don't want to be alone for the rest of my life." She rubbed her arm, waiting for Liam's response. She had no doubt he would disagree with her reasoning whether he found it laughable or not.

message 22: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) | 211 comments Dan laughed as he pulled into the Smoothie Shack's parking lot and turned off the car. He felt like he was getting a buzz from just being around Alex, but unlike with drugs, Dan knew there wasn't going to be a crash. Her smile seemed to light up his world and he loved it. Was it crazy that he felt this way after just meeting her? Probably. But Dan liked crazy. "Prepare for your mind to be blown. I recomend the lime and avocado. I know it sounds weird, but it's delicious."

~

"So what? You think it's that easy? The only guy I've ever met who wasn't intimidated by me is you. Are you going to date me?" Quincy's words were layered heavily with sarcasm and her nose scrunched up like it always did when she was angry. It pissed her off that Liam thought he could solve her problems with some advice and a pat on the back, unfortunately Quincy's life was way more complicated than that.

message 23: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) | 211 comments "Anything for you Highness." Dan mocked playfully. "Find us a seat while you're waiting, this place is usually a zoo in the morning with all the hipster college kids that are too cool for Starbucks or something." Dan shrugged apologetically and held the door of the Smoothie Shack open. Once inside he stood in line for ages, every once in a while glancing over to where Alex was.

~

Quincy snorted and leaned against the school building. Class was about to start, but for once, Quincy didn't care. Instead she covered her nose with her sleeve, knowing better than to tell Liam to put the damn cigarette out again. She was tired of fighting. "Yada yada yada. You make it sound so easy with your whole haven't found the right one bullshit."

message 24: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) | 211 comments The poor barista looked like he was nearing the end of a double shift. It didn't help that the person in front of Dan ordered a nonfat lactose free gluten intolerant bullshit of a smoothie. The barista looked like he was ready to cry. To top it off, the asshole didn't tip and complained at how long it took to make. Dan felt sorry for the guy. "One medium avocado smoothie and one medium vanilla bean with gravy on it please." After paying for the smoothies, Dan stuffed a wad of bills into the tip jar and took the smoothies to the table where Alex was sitting, her worried expression going completely unnoticed. "Best smoothie you'll ever have, I promise." He flashed Alex a grin

~

At first Quincy was shocked that Liam would even ask her that. Then she realized that questions usually involved answers and felt like a ton of bricks hit her in the gut. Obviously Liam was being sarcastic, or he wouldn't have said anything. He was always one to avoid real emotions after all. But that wasn't why Quincy was feeling conflicted. She had the option to take Liam seriously and the crazy part was, Quincy was going to do it. "Okay. I like pizza, ice skating, and bad horror movies. I assume you'll pick me up? Does five sound good?" Quincy flashed what she assumed was a flirty grin and headed to the door of the school building right as the minute bell was ringing. "Oh and dress nice, my parents are traditional conservatives." And just like that, Quincy was gone, disappearing off to class like her parents would have expected her to.

message 25: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) | 211 comments At first Dan thought Alex's shyness was cute, but then he realized that she hadn't been flustered until just now. Something was definitely wrong, but Dan wasn't exactly a mind reader. And then she tried to take her chair with her to the bathroom. "Um... Are you okay? They don't typically allow chairs in the bathroom after all." Dan raised an eyebrow at her, unsure of what was happening. He hoped that Alex wasn't secretly incredibly weird and needed a chair buddy in the bathroom or couldn't eat unless she had a special spoon or something. That would probably be a deal breaker for him. Then, it dawned on him, her hands were stuck to the chair. "Was there something sticky on your chair?" He chuckled and tried to help her pry her hands away from the furniture.

~

The day seemed to inch by so painfully slow, Quincy could hear the clock going backwards every time she looked away. Each second seemed to last for hours, but Quincy would never admit it. That would mean admitting she was excited for her date with Liam, and unfortunately she was a little bit too prideful for that. Especially after admitting so many of her secrets to him. Eventually first period passed, then second, finally it was the end of the day and it took all of Quincy's willpower to not run out to her car so she could go home and get ready for her date. No, she had to be more composed than that. Driving home wasn't much easier either. The urge to speed was practically killing her, but she managed to get home without breaking any traffic laws. "Mom I'm home! And I have a date tonight!"

"A date? It's about time." Quincy bit her lip to keep from frowning at her mother. "And who is the boy you are so lucky to go on a date with?"

"Liam. He lives on the next street over and is coming to get me at five." Quincy gave her mother a fake smile. "I have to get my homework done before then." She said quickly and disappeared up the stairs and into her room before she was forced to talk to her mother any longer.

message 26: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) | 211 comments :)

Dan had an eyebrow raised at first. As the seconds ticked by, his eyebrow lowered and his face morphed into an expression of disbelief. Did she say what he really thought she said? Alex had spoken so fast he wasn't quite sure, but he was pretty she had said she had powers. That could mean she was like him. Minutes ticked by and eventually Dan realized he had his mouth hanging open as he stared at Alex. So in a show of complete composure and collectiveness, he closed his mouth and said the only thing that came to mind. "Huh?" Smooth Dan. Real smooth.

~~~

Quincy's mother got to the door first. Quincy wanted to kill herself. Literally. At least her dad wasn't home, she had the foresight to plan the date before he got off work. Quincy's mother invited Liam in and Quincy worked up the bravery to be in the same room as her mother while she walked down the steps. Liam was hot. She almost gasped when she first saw him because of how nicely he cleaned up, but she bit her lip to keep her mother from noticing.

"You must be Liam! How nice of you to come pick up Quincy-" Quincy tuned her mother out in favor of studying Liam. His hair was styled, he had removed his earing, and all his tattoos were hidden under his dress shirt. He looked like the spitting image of what her parents expected in a boyfriend for her, too bad they didn't know what he was really like. She actually kind of missed the bad boy look, but Quincy would never admit it.

"Do I smell smoke? Oh! Is dinner burning?" Quincy's mother rushed off to the kitchen and Quincy felt her heart flutter into panic. She forgot that Liam smoked! No amount of showering would get rid of that smell.

"Mom it's not dinner!" She called out after her mother. When her mother returned, Quincy's mind raced to find an appropriate reason for Liam smelling like smoke. "Liam's dad smokes. It's him that smells like smoke." Quincy knew Liam's parents weren't exactly in the picture, and therefore not a great subject to bring up, so as soon as she said it, she began pushing Liam out the door. "We have to go, bye mom!" When the door was shut behind her, Quincy breathed a sigh of relief.

message 27: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) | 211 comments Dan now knew what Alex had said, without a doubt in his mind. She was definitely super human, like him, but she didn't seem to have as much control over it as he did. "Wait!" He said. Dan stood and took Alex's hand, pulling her through the crowded restaurant, their smoothies left untouched at the table. Dan pulled her down an employees only hallway and into the back of the Smoothie Shack where there was an office room. Predictably it was empty. Dan closed the door behind them, locked it, and kissed Alex like she was the last woman on earth, because at this point, she might as well have been. When he pulled away, his cheeks were pink with embarrassment. "Sorry, I just couldn't help myself." He murmured quietly. All around them he was constantly changing the appearance of the office, waiting for her to notice that she wasn't the only one.

~~~

Quincy had noticed Liam staring at her, and she grinned loving the attention. It took a lot of effort not to skip behind Liam as they walked down the driveway to his car. Once she was in the passenger seat, Quincy rolled down the window, not because she thought it was hot, but because the car smelled like an ashtray and she needed fresh air to breathe. Her eyes glimmered with excitement. "So where are we going for our date?" Quincy figured she looked like an idiotic kid that was going to Disneyland, but she didn't care. Liam would find something to tease her about anyways if she wasn't excited about this. Her mom being a prime example. So she looked over at Liam again, studying him in a way that made Quincy's heart ache.

message 28: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) | 211 comments Dan laughed. A good, rich laugh, the kind that fills every nook and cranny of a room and makes you dizzy because of the butterflies in your stomach flitting about to the melody. It had been a long time since Dan laughed like that. "Out of everyone to talk to this morning it was you who decided to skip school with me. Out of the millions of places you could have moved, you moved here. Out of the billions of people on the planet, you have powers. If that's not destiny, then God can suck my dick because he'd be wrong." Dan grinned. He was deliriously happy to know he wasn't alone, to know he wasn't the only one. He kissed her again, slowly.

~~~

Quincy rolled her eyes with a smile on her face. Liam didn't have to be a gentleman for her, but his blushing face and sincerity were so sweet she couldn't gather the courage to tell him. Her parents may never approve of the person Liam is, but her parents had never been a part of Quincy's equation for happiness, no matter how hard they tried to force their way in. Their disapproval had never been more than an inconvenience, most of the time. Quincy learned at a very early age they couldn't hurt her after all. She reached over and turned down the music, and then removed her seat belt so she could sit facing Liam and study his features. "When did you get your tattoo?" She asked, gesturing to where the collar of his shirt was hiding his decorated skin.

message 29: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) | 211 comments ((Do you think we could move this to pm? My computer broke and it's easier to keep track of these things in pm on my phone.))