Write, Wrote, Written discussion

Help/Advice/Ideas! > The writing

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nathan (new)

Nathan | 19 comments Hi everyone,

I noticed a few people had looked at my work but no-one has responded. I don't know if this is good or bad...

Please send me a response, be it critical or otherwise.

Thank you

Nathan

message 2: by Sorarin (last edited Apr 28, 2015 08:42PM) (new)

Sorarin | 569 comments There's more than 400 people in this group. Somebody is bound to look.
Most of the members are never active. There's maybe a dozen of us who are around daily. Either way, people are busy. I know it can be super frustrating to not get feedback. Trust me, I know. It helps to post the link in the Chat Page, because we are more likely to look at that thread than a random one that pops up.
I'm sorry if you're anxious for responses. Hope you get some soon. If I remember to, I'll come back tomorrow and read through. :)

message 3: by Nathan (new)

Nathan | 19 comments Hi Sora,

Thank you for responding. I'm just an eager beaver I suppose and uploaded a few works at once, hoping to get quick responses. The chat page? I'll try that.
And if you would like me to go through any of your work I'd be very happy to (I'm a trained editor and specialize in fiction editing).

Thanks again for your kind and empathetic reply,

Nathan

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey Nathan, Sora is totally right. I'd love to check out your work, I will. Some people just post on the group, and don't critique. Others might read but don't comment. And somw just don't check. Sorarin is right, thr Chat page is probably a good place to start.

message 5: by Feliks (last edited Apr 29, 2015 02:57PM) (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) The title of the thread will either elicit my interest or impel me away. For example, I am not that keen on reading anything with expletives at the moment, (fyi, thank you very much for the *warning*). Nor am I particularly seeking anything having to do with Muslim-ism.

Basically, I like to know what I'm getting into. The kind of thread which would engage me most is not me reviewing someone else's work; but being asked a question or asked to assist someone.

So its really got nothing to do with your work itself (as far as my own participation is concerned). As usual, I just surf towards whatever might optimally distract me for that moment.

message 6: by Sorarin (new)

Sorarin | 569 comments Well, looks like somebody is entirely ignorant on the meaning of Muslim.

message 7: by Nathan (new)

Nathan | 19 comments My short story Muslim is not as it first appears (as are all of my stories). It is difficult to do a character study in a shorter work so I invariably go for the twist in the tale.

I don't like to give hints about what the story is about because it will usually ruin it, so with me there will be no knowing what you're getting yourself into. But isn't that half the fun?

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 29, 2015 07:24PM) (new)

Sora wrote: "Well, looks like somebody is entirely ignorant on the meaning of Muslim."

I agree. Feliks, you are stereotyping the word Muslim, seriously, geez.****

*gosh

**sorry

message 9: by Feliks (last edited Apr 29, 2015 06:32PM) (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) Uhm, I hope you two (Sora and Julane) don't think I used the 'fun-phrase' I chose just there, in earnest. Come on now. I thought I was pretty well known around Goodreads at this point. Enough to alleviate any such concerns. Maybe its just because its the first post I've made in this group; we've never chatted..something like that.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Sorry for being so harsh earlier and everything, but sorry? I don't quite understand ^

message 11: by Sorarin (new)

Sorarin | 569 comments Gosh Julane. So sassy.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I added the geez for effect, looking back on it, it makes me seem like a jerk.....

message 13: by Feliks (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) No harm done. First introductions are often awkward as strangers become accustomed to the style of new acquaintances. Allowances are called for, when later they would not be... :D

message 14: by Maria (new)

Maria "technology repels me" - can you please send me a link to your short story "the Muslim"

Dying to read.