2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Twilight Eyes
This topic is about Twilight Eyes
. Week 22: Scary Book > Twilight Eyes by Dean Koontz

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah | 186 comments I don't as a rule read books that scare me. Not a big fan of horror novels so this was a hard one for me to pick. Having said that it's a good thing I work with people who love to read and can give me lots of ideas when I get stuck!

I was told that Twilight Eyes and Odd Thomas would both be good ones to read for this week. Having never read a Dean Koontz book before I decided that Twilight Eyes sounded like a good one to start with.

message 2: by Lacey (new)

Lacey I didn't find Odd Thomas very creepy or scary. Dean Koontz's earlier books, which Twilight Eyes is one, are way scarier than his more recent books. Twilight Eyes is a good one, but it's been many years since I read it. Darkfall was the one that scared me the most when I read it as a teen.

Happy reading!

Sarah | 186 comments I am almost done this one one. So far I am not finding it scary at all, creepy and disturbing at times yes, but not scary.

Rebekah | 98 comments I LOVE "Twilight Eyes". It was the first grown-up book I ever read for fun and not for a book report. It definitely scared and disturbed me. LOL

Another one of Dean Koontz's books that REALLY scared me was "Watchers". I was reading this during the summer while on vacation with my family. I was reading it by the pool at the hotel and was just really deeply into the book when I was reading it. I remember I was reading this scary part set at night...in the woods...while it's raining. My mom put her hand on my shoulder to tell me that lunch was ready, and I yelped and jumped out of the chair. LOL She really scared me! It was awesome! :)