Band Nerds discussion

chats > a place to complain

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Haley (last edited Apr 28, 2015 07:35PM) (new)

Haley | 108 comments Mod
Ok so I know that this is kinda depressing but I believe that complaining is a life skill that everyone should know and I think that everyone has to let it out sometimes and here is where you can do that double imaginary points if it has something to do with music or bands

message 2: by Haley (new)

Haley | 108 comments Mod
Ok so in my band at school we don't have assigned seats or parts so we always mix it up like one song u might 2nd and another you will have 1st. The problem is that the teachers dont keep track of who gets what, like at all!!! And i have been absent like every time that they have passed out music in the last month which means that I have a bunch of 2nds and 3rd parts and only one 1st part of the five peices that we r playing in our upcoming concert and one of my firsts was switched to a second today because we did not have enough. So now I went from playing a entire song with good players to playing about half of one with all of the bad players.
Like seriously there are 59 measures of rest and 126 measures in the song that is four measures away from half!!! I am mot sure if u noticed but I think saying that I play 1st clarinet sounds a lot better than saying I play second or third

Dani *people problems*~If you're a lover, you should know the lonely moments just get lonelier the longer you're in love than if you were alone~ | 222 comments Mod
i hate it, because our band is 7th and 8th graders, and the 8th grade flutes won't let us seventh graders have 1st part because we "can't handle it". it's ridiculous

message 4: by Haley (new)

Haley | 108 comments Mod
we dont have to worry about that because we just have one grade but i can definitely imagine how annoying that would get

We Are The Fallen~I’m sending a raven with blood on its wings~ | 99 comments I don't understand people… our band even last year blew everyone else's away. I'm not trying to brag trust me. It hurts when you say that band didn't play something well when we did… we really did and we did better than you did. This is the conversation. "Great performance but I still like (blank) better." I say. Another kid. "Yeah but you didn't play it very well,"
Ow seriously? We worked so hard on that and you could tell we put our heart and soul in it. And speak for yourself because you didn't do very well on your songs either……
And no offense to the orchestra but for everyone just don't do that…

message 7: by Haley (new)

Haley | 108 comments Mod
true that

Dani *people problems*~If you're a lover, you should know the lonely moments just get lonelier the longer you're in love than if you were alone~ | 222 comments Mod
We Are The Fallen~ I'm screaming All that's good is gone All we used to love is dead Now our only heroes are the voices in our heads ~ wrote: "I don't understand people… our band even last year blew everyone else's away. I'm not trying to brag trust me. It hurts when you say that band didn't play something well when we did… we really did ..."

so true...