ThatOneReader's Book Club discussion

April Book Club > The Night Circus Film

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Raychul (new)

Raychul (rraychul) The film rights were bought for this book a while ago and a scriptwriter hired in 2012. i really do hope that they make this into a film because i would love to see it brought to life.
im not very sceptical when comparing books to films in terms of them not being how i imagined.
but i would be so annoyed if they changed any of the main storyline.
what does everyone else think about this?
do you want it to be turned into a film or would you prefer if it just stayed on the page?

one main thing i would hope for from a film would be amazing merchandise!

message 2: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (randomreadingsofafangirl) | 21 comments I would love to see everything come together in the circus- I can imagine individual parts of the circus but not everything at once.

message 3: by Elisa (new)

Elisa The-Bookie-Monster (the-bookie-monster) | 135 comments I would love to see it be a movie, but only if it's done right. They always screw up movie adaptations so I don't have much faith in it sadly

message 4: by Mary ♥ (new)

Mary ♥ (sortofafairytale) | 593 comments Mod
The movie will be perfect of they don't cut anything

But I really wanna watch it:D

message 5: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaniea00) I don't expect a truly faithful adaption, since book-to-movie adaptations never are exactly like the book, and I hope they don't butcher this beautiful story. I would still love to watch it and see what they chose to do with the movie, though