All About YA discussion

Archives > May 2015 Library Hauls

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn | 2727 comments Mod
If you borrow books from your local or school library, share what ones you've borrowed with our other members!

description

message 2: by Cas ❦ (new)

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 404 comments Heart of Stone (Gods & Monsters, #4) by Kelly Keaton The DUFF Designated Ugly Fat Friend by Kody Keplinger Storm Born (Dark Swan #1) by Richelle Mead The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson (Playaway Edition) The Glass Cafe Or the Stripper and the State; How My Mother Started a War with the System That Made Us Kind of Rich and a Little Bit Famous by Gary Paulsen (Playaway Edition)

message 3: by Joi (new)

Joi | 12 comments I have a couple of books on hold.

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes Behind Closed Doors by Elizabeth Haynes The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova Real As It Gets by ReShonda Tate Billingsley Take One (Above the Line #1) by Karen Kingsbury Take Two (Above the Line #2) by Karen Kingsbury Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Red Rising (Red Rising Trilogy, #1) by Pierce Brown Jackaby (Jackaby, #1) by William Ritter Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides

message 4: by Lilian (new)

Lilian (random_girl_here) | 58 comments From my public library
Always Emily by Michaela MacColl The Program (The Program, #1) by Suzanne Young Not a Drop to Drink (Not a Drop to Drink, #1) by Mindy McGinnis Vivian Versus the Apocalypse (Vivian Apple, #1) by Katie Coyle Letting Ana Go by Anonymous

From my school library
The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) by J.K. Rowling

message 5: by Cas ❦ (new)

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 404 comments Lilian wrote: "From my public library
Always Emily by Michaela MacCollThe Program (The Program, #1) by Suzanne Young Not a Drop to Drink (Not a Drop to Drink, #1) by Mindy McGinnis Vivian Versus the Apocalypse (Vivian Apple, #1) by Katie Coyle[bookcover:Letting..."

Looks like your school library actually has good books?! At all the schools I've been to, the libraries are really bad and they only have good children's books, and even then they order them like a year after they're released.

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily Shaw (emilyshaw16) | 313 comments Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas
but going back today so there will probably be more :)

message 7: by Lilian (last edited May 02, 2015 08:18PM) (new)

Lilian (random_girl_here) | 58 comments Rose wrote: Looks like your school library actually has good books?! At all the schools I've been to, the libraries are really bad and they only have good children's books, and even then they order them like a year after they're released."

My school library allows us to write the books that we want them to order. I asked for The Selection around the start of June and came mid-July.

message 8: by Cas ❦ (new)

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 404 comments Lilian wrote: "Rose wrote: Looks like your school library actually has good books?! At all the schools I've been to, the libraries are really bad and they only have good children's books, and even then they order..."

That's cool. :D Our school library used to have that, but they only looked at some suggestions, and even then they only bought the "age appropriate" books. This year, they haven't even bothered to put the suggestions sheet up. Our public library allows that though, and it's really cool. :)

message 9: by Lilian (new)

Lilian (random_girl_here) | 58 comments Rose wrote: That's cool. :D Our school library used to have that, but they only looked at some suggestions, and even then they only bought the "age appropriate" books. This year, they haven't even bothered to put the suggestions sheet up. Our public library allows that though, and it's really cool. :) ."

I'm not sure if my public library allows suggestions, I'm pretty sure they do but I don't use it personally. My school started a book club and they are encouraging us to read different types of books, but they do still have to be "age-appropriate" as we are using the school's money to buy it.

message 10: by Cas ❦ (new)

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 404 comments Lilian wrote: "Rose wrote: That's cool. :D Our school library used to have that, but they only looked at some suggestions, and even then they only bought the "age appropriate" books. This year, they haven't even ..."

:D the definition of "age-appropriate" though... For us, it's like "no violence, no romance," so pretty much just plain boring. We have some good books, but we never have the complete series.

message 11: by Lilian (new)

Lilian (random_girl_here) | 58 comments Rose wrote: :D the definition of "age-appropriate" though... For us, it's like "no violence, no romance," so pretty much just plain boring. We have some good books, but we never have the complete series.

Most of our books does have a bit of violence or romance but not that much. What kind of books does your school library have?

message 12: by Cas ❦ (new)

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 404 comments Lilian wrote: "Rose wrote: :D the definition of "age-appropriate" though... For us, it's like "no violence, no romance," so pretty much just plain boring. We have some good books, but we never have the complete s..."

Some Harry Potter, I think Inkheart by Cornelia Funke but not the rest of the series; Eragon, and besides that I think there's not really any good books, but I haven't done a proper check in ages.

message 13: by Lilian (new)

Lilian (random_girl_here) | 58 comments Rose wrote: Some Harry Potter, I think Inkheart by Cornelia Funke but not the rest of the series; Eragon, and besides that I think there's not really any good books, but I haven't done a proper check in ages.

That's pretty good

message 14: by Cas ❦ (new)

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 404 comments Lilian wrote: "Rose wrote: Some Harry Potter, I think Inkheart by Cornelia Funke but not the rest of the series; Eragon, and besides that I think there's not really any good books, but I haven't done a proper che..."

really?

message 15: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 471 comments Mod
I've ordered in A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1) by Libba Bray and The Heir (The Selection, #4) by Kiera Cass from my library, not sure if they'll come this month though. ;)

message 16: by Lilian (new)

Lilian (random_girl_here) | 58 comments Rose wrote: really?

Yeah, I don't think my school has Inkhear or Eragon

message 17: by Tommy (new)

Tommy Hancock (tommyhancock) | 318 comments Hit the library today

The Monstrumologist (The Monstrumologist, #1) by Rick Yancey The Curse of the Wendigo (The Monstrumologist, #2) by Rick Yancey The Isle of Blood (The Monstrumologist, #3) by Rick Yancey The Final Descent (The Monstrumologist #4) by Rick Yancey Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer Sidekicks by Jack D. Ferraiolo Bone, Vol. 3 Eyes of the Storm (Bone, #3) by Jeff Smith Bone, Vol. 4 The Dragonslayer (Bone, #4) by Jeff Smith Bone, Vol. 5 Rock Jaw, Master of the Eastern Border (Bone, #5) by Jeff Smith Locke and Key Vol. 4 Keys to the Kingdom by Joe Hill Locke and Key Vol. 5 Clockworks (Locke & Key) by Joe Hill Locke & Key, Vol. 6 Alpha & Omega by Joe Hill

also, Merlin seasons two and three

message 18: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 139 comments Woo! Merlin. I'm re-watching it currently. I'm on Season Two at the moment and loving it! :D

message 19: by Tommy (new)

Tommy Hancock (tommyhancock) | 318 comments Sophie wrote: "Woo! Merlin. I'm re-watching it currently. I'm on Season Two at the moment and loving it! :D"

Same. One disc into season two and already liking it a lot more than season one, which I liked a lot. How'd I miss this show while it was airing haha?

message 20: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 139 comments I went to the library today and picked up Elantris by Brandon Sanderson and The Emperor's Soul by Brandon Sanderson to read this month for #YearOfCosmere. I also picked up Pandemonium (Delirium, #2) by Lauren Oliver as I'm currently reading Delirium.

message 21: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 471 comments Mod
A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1) by Libba Bray came for me today so I went to pick it up, and should be starting today or tomorrow. I also picked up The Long Haul (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #9) by Jeff Kinney while I was in there.

message 23: by Erin Lynn (new)

Emily wrote: "Playlist for the Dead by Michelle FalkoffThe Here and Now by Ann BrasharesYes Please by Amy PoehlerThe Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera CassCode Name Verity (Code Name Verity, #1) by Elizabeth Wein[bookcover:Scarl..."

I've heard AMAZING things about Yes Please! I hope you love it!

message 24: by Emily (new)

Emily Shaw (emilyshaw16) | 313 comments Erin Lynn wrote: "Emily wrote: "Playlist for the Dead by Michelle FalkoffThe Here and Now by Ann BrasharesYes Please by Amy PoehlerThe Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera CassCode Name Verity (Code Name Verity, #1) by Elizabeth Wein[b..."

Thanks! I'm excited! I actually got the audio book so Amy reads it herself haha

message 25: by Cas ❦ (new)

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 404 comments Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley The Vanishing Season by Jodi Lynn Anderson Dark Companion by Marta Acosta All of these are Playaway edition

message 26: by Erin Lynn (new)

Emily wrote: "Erin Lynn wrote: "Emily wrote: "Playlist for the Dead by Michelle FalkoffThe Here and Now by Ann BrasharesYes Please by Amy PoehlerThe Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass[bookcover:Code Name ..."

OMG. My best friend says that is the best way to read it.

message 27: by Cas ❦ (new)

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 404 comments Erin Lynn wrote: "Emily wrote: "Erin Lynn wrote: "Emily wrote: "Playlist for the Dead by Michelle FalkoffThe Here and Now by Ann BrasharesYes Please by Amy PoehlerThe Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass[bookco..."

That would be pretty cool! I've yet to get a copy of Yes Please, but I'm definitely going to read it!!

message 28: by Emily (new)

Emily Shaw (emilyshaw16) | 313 comments Slightly raiding my library this month
The Elite (The Selection, #2) by Kiera Cass The One by Kiera Cass City Love by Susane Colasanti None of the Above by I.W. Gregorio The Brilliant Light of Amber Sunrise by Matthew Crow