All About YA discussion

Archives > May Book Hauls

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn | 2727 comments Mod
This folder is where you can let other members know what books you've bought, won, or received as gifts during May.

message 2: by Cas ❦ (new)

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 404 comments Bought from Amazon: Rogue (Talon #2) by Julie Kagawa

message 3: by Daisy (last edited May 08, 2015 10:47AM) (new)

Daisy | 471 comments Mod
William Shakespeare's The Empire Striketh Back (William Shakespeare's Star Wars, #5) by Ian Doescher William Shakespeare's The Jedi Doth Return (William Shakespeare's Star Wars, #6) by Ian Doescher

These books are currently looking very beautiful on my shelves! Can't wait to read them!

08/05/2015: Went to the bookshop today and picked up Arsenic for Tea (Wells and Wong, #2) by Robin Stevens , as I own the first one and they are SO PRETTY. :D

message 4: by Danique (new)

Danique Book fair:

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) by Cassandra Clare Mini Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #6) by Sophie Kinsella Monsters A Bestiary of the Bizarre by Christopher Dell

message 5: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 139 comments I've ordered Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2) by Stephanie Perkins Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3) by Stephanie Perkins from the bookshop.

message 6: by Cas ❦ (new)

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 404 comments Guild of Immortal Women by David Alan Morrison Just got this in the mail, which I won!! Can't wait to read it. ;)

message 7: by Katie (new)

Katie (Foundinfaerietales) (foundinfaerietales) Okay, this is a long one. We had a company auction where most of these books were $0.50 and I cleaned house!

The Eternal City by Paula Morris A Sense of the Infinite by Hilary T. Smith Geek Girl (Geek Girl, #1) by Holly Smale Between the Notes by Sharon Huss Roat Exquisite Captive (Dark Caravan Cycle, #1) by Heather Demetrios The Cemetery Boys by Heather Brewer Pretty Sly (Pretty Crooked, #2) by Elisa Ludwig A School for Unusual Girls (Stranje House, #1) by Kathleen Baldwin Migratory Animals by Mary Helen Specht Writer to Writer From Think to Ink by Gail Carson Levine Act of God A Novel by Jill Ciment No Place to Fall by Jaye Robin Brown Normal by Graeme Cameron Duplicity by N.K. Traver Perfect Lies (Mind Games, #2) by Kiersten White Eternity's Wheel by Michael Reaves Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke (Prisoner of Night and Fog, #2) by Anne Blankman The Arrivals by Melissa Marr The Heiresses by Sara Shepard The Good Girls (The Perfectionists, #2) by Sara Shepard The Death Code (The Murder Complex, #2) by Lindsay Cummings Alistair Grim's Odditorium (Odditorium, #1) by Gregory Funaro We Are Pirates by Daniel Handler Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld Re Jane A Novel by Patricia Park The Water Knife by Paolo Bacigalupi The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons The Girl at Midnight (The Girl at Midnight, #1) by Melissa Grey The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma Skyscraping by Cordelia Jensen Charisma by Jeanne Ryan Charlie Glass's Slippers A Very Modern Fairy Tale by Holly McQueen Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1) by Sara Raasch Liars, Inc. by Paula Stokes Invincible by Amy Reed The Improbable Theory of Ana and Zak by Brian Katcher Vanished (Vanished, #1) by E.E. Cooper The Cage (The Cage, #1) by Megan Shepherd The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West Paperweight by Meg Haston The Uninvited by Cat Winters Tiny Pretty Things by Sona Charaipotra Read Between the Lines by Jo Knowles In Some Other World, Maybe by Shari Goldhagen My Sunshine Away by M.O. Walsh Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley

message 8: by Cas ❦ (new)

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 404 comments Katie wrote: "Okay, this is a long one. We had a company auction where most of these books were $0.50 and I cleaned house!

The Eternal City by Paula MorrisA Sense of the Infinite by Hilary T. Smith[bookc..."

That's cool! At our public library they often have sales, and children's & YA mostly sell for 0.50!! :)

message 9: by Katie (new)

Katie (Foundinfaerietales) (foundinfaerietales) Rose wrote: That's cool! At our public library they often have sales, and children's & YA mostly sell for 0.50!! :)

Mine too! In fact, there is a sale this week. Apparently I don't think I have enough books because I'm already planning on going :)

message 11: by Cas ❦ (new)

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 404 comments Katie wrote: "Rose wrote: That's cool! At our public library they often have sales, and children's & YA mostly sell for 0.50!! :)

Mine too! In fact, there is a sale this week. Apparently I don't think I have e..."

:D

message 12: by Cas ❦ (last edited May 22, 2015 11:15PM) (new)

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 404 comments Angie wrote: "Yeah so this is going to be huge:
Saga, Volume 2 (Saga #7-12) by Brian K. Vaughan Saga, Volume 3 (Saga #13-18) by Brian K. Vaughan Saga, Volume 4 by Brian K. Vaughan The Dodge Brothers The Men, the Motor Cars, and the Legacy by Charles K. Hyde
I have two editions of Insurgent: Insurgent Movie Tie-In Edition by Veronica Roth Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth I only have 2 Hardcovers... Looking to buy some more, but my local bookstores only sell paperback. Can't wait for QoS!!!!

message 13: by Fallon (new)

Fallon | 2 comments Robin wrote: "Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra ClareClockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra ClareClockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra ClareA Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas[bookcover:An Ember in the Ashes|20560..."

LOVE the Infernal Devices series. Plus Mortal Instruments was really good too. There's also the Bane Chronicles that tie in to both series as well but I have had a chance to read that yet.

message 14: by Cas ❦ (new)

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 404 comments Rose wrote: "Angie wrote: "Yeah so this is going to be huge:
Saga, Volume 2 (Saga #7-12) by Brian K. Vaughan Saga, Volume 3 (Saga #13-18) by Brian K. Vaughan Saga, Volume 4 by Brian K. Vaughan [bookcover:Sex Criminals, Vol. 1: One Wei..."

Really confused by why goodreads is stuffing up... I've attempted that post a few times now.

message 15: by Cas ❦ (new)

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 404 comments Rose wrote: "Angie wrote: "Yeah so this is going to be huge:
Saga, Volume 2 (Saga #7-12) by Brian K. Vaughan Saga, Volume 3 (Saga #13-18) by Brian K. Vaughan Saga, Volume 4 by Brian K. Vaughan [bookcover:Sex Criminals, Vol. 1: One Wei..."

Finally worked!! :) Now it says what it's meant to.

message 16: by Erin Lynn (last edited May 24, 2015 01:06PM) (new)

Bought from Barnes & Noble:

99 Days by Katie Cotugno A Night to Remember by Walter Lord

Bought from Sam's Club:
The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen

message 17: by Cas ❦ (new)

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 404 comments Bought from The Warehouse: Insatiable (Insatiable, #1) by Meg Cabot

message 18: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (booktasticnerd87) | 6 comments So I managed to only get a few books this month much better than some of my previous months this year.

Talon (Talon, #1) by Julie Kagawa The Lost (Witch & Wizard, #5) by James Patterson The Heir (The Selection, #4) by Kiera Cass The Isle of the Lost by Melissa de la Cruz Ice Kissed (Kanin Chronicles, #2) by Amanda Hocking A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1) by Sabaa Tahir Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen

message 19: by Cas ❦ (last edited May 26, 2015 09:45PM) (new)

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 404 comments Andrea wrote: "So I managed to only get a few books this month much better than some of my previous months this year.

Talon (Talon, #1) by Julie KagawaThe Lost (Witch & Wizard, #5) by James PattersonThe Heir (The Selection, #4) by Kiera Cass (preview)
cancel edit

[bookcove..."

Can't wait to read [bookcover:A Court of Thorns and Roses|16096824] and The Heir (The Selection, #4) by Kiera Cass ! I have read Talon (Talon, #1) by Julie Kagawa , and Julie Kagawa is one of my favourite authors. Some great choices!

message 21: by Cas ❦ (new)

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 404 comments Robin wrote: "I won:

Rook by Sharon CameronHush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca FitzpatrickTiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen HouckThe Pledge (The Pledge, #1) by Kimberly DertingPrince of Shadows by Rachel CaineInfinite (Newsoul, #3) by Jodi Meadows[bo..."

Wow, that's quite a few! :) Some good books in there.

message 22: by Erin Lynn (new)

Won:
Sweet by Emmy Laybourne

Now I have two copies.

message 23: by Cas ❦ (new)

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 404 comments Erin Lynn wrote: "Won:
Sweet by Emmy Laybourne

Now I have two copies."

Cool! :) Are your two copies exactly the same?

message 24: by Erin Lynn (new)

Rose wrote: "Erin Lynn wrote: "Won:
Sweet by Emmy Laybourne

Now I have two copies."

Cool! :) Are your two copies exactly the same?"

They are. They are both ARCs. lol

message 25: by Cas ❦ (new)

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 404 comments Erin Lynn wrote: "Rose wrote: "Erin Lynn wrote: "Won:
Sweet by Emmy Laybourne

Now I have two copies."

Cool! :) Are your two copies exactly the same?"

They are. They are both ARCs. lol"

:)