All About YA discussion

Archives > May 2015 BOTM: Since You've Been Gone

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn | 2727 comments Mod
We'll be reading Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson for our BOTM. Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions here!

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily Shaw (emilyshaw16) | 313 comments Ooh yay! I just started this anyways :)

message 3: by Erin Lynn (new)

How's everyone liking Since You've Been Gone?

Any favorite characters yet?
Did any one finish?
Has anyone read this before?

Feel free to discuss the book with us! :)

message 4: by Erin Lynn (new)

I read this one last month, and it's not a favorite of mine, but it's still cute.

message 5: by Danique (new)

Danique I'm liking it so far! I like Emily and her awkwardness, I also like her little brother and I think Frank's a really nice guy, too.

message 6: by Erin Lynn (new)

Danique wrote: "I'm liking it so far! I like Emily and her awkwardness, I also like her little brother and I think Frank's a really nice guy, too."

Frank is one of my favorite YA guys! He's just adorkable. :)

message 7: by Emily (new)

Emily Shaw (emilyshaw16) | 313 comments Idk yet. I started it last month and just haven't read any since. I haven't gotten attached to it yet. I just like that I share the name of the main character :)

message 8: by Danique (new)

Danique Let me get back on what I said before. I'm 300 pages in and there isn't a character I don't like. They're all my favorites. Collins has really grown on me and I like Benji too, even though he hasn't really had a lot of 'screen-time' yet. Dawn is the cutest, too. I'm really curious about what will happen at the end of the list. This book is already one of my favorites!

message 9: by Erin Lynn (new)

Emily wrote: "Idk yet. I started it last month and just haven't read any since. I haven't gotten attached to it yet. I just like that I share the name of the main character :)"

I didn't get too attached either. It was good, but not nearly as great as everyone said it was. I was disappointed with the book.

message 10: by Adele (new)

Adele Any favorite characters yet? - The main character is my favourite. She just grows so much by the end of the book.
Did any one finish? - I did!
Has anyone read this before? - me! meee! I did! :P

message 11: by Roseena (new)

Roseena Peralta | 102 comments I couldn't get pass 50 pages. I put it back on my to read list

message 12: by Emily (new)

Emily Shaw (emilyshaw16) | 313 comments Okay. Once I forced myself to get to about 120 pages, I finished the rest in a day. It was cute and I did like the story. It was just difficult to get into it and took too long to get attached. I think that's the main problem with it. I don't understand how much hype it got though. It was cute, but won't be going to my favorites by any means.

message 13: by Erin Lynn (new)

Emily wrote: "Okay. Once I forced myself to get to about 120 pages, I finished the rest in a day. It was cute and I did like the story. It was just difficult to get into it and took too long to get attached. ..."

That's how I felt too, Emily. It just felt really slow, especially when there was so much going on.

message 14: by Emily (new)

Emily Shaw (emilyshaw16) | 313 comments Erin Lynn wrote: "Emily wrote: "Okay. Once I forced myself to get to about 120 pages, I finished the rest in a day. It was cute and I did like the story. It was just difficult to get into it and took too long to g..."

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I saw so many BookTubers mention it as a favorite from last year and was so confused why haha.

message 15: by Erin Lynn (new)

Emily wrote: "Erin Lynn wrote: "Emily wrote: "Okay. Once I forced myself to get to about 120 pages, I finished the rest in a day. It was cute and I did like the story. It was just difficult to get into it and ..."

I don't really watch BookTubers, but I saw glorious reviews on blogs last year. I even disappointed a few of my friends who loved it because I just don't get all the hype. It would have been better if it were just a bit shorter.