Books on the Nightstand discussion

God Help the Child
This topic is about God Help the Child
Book Specific Discussions > God Help the Child--SPOILERS!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kalen | 218 comments Seriously, spoiler below!

I'm about halfway through and I think the book just went off the rails. Why couldn't Bride return home after the accident in Whiskey? She was only 150 miles from home. What am I not getting? Dare I say it, it feels like a sloppy plot device.... Maybe it will become clearer soon?

Veronica  (vblanc) I just finished and I think she was 150 miles from the next nearest town in Northern California.

Kalen | 218 comments Okay, thanks. I'm about 3/4 through now and I am loving Booker but I'm ready to be done with Bride.

I just don't understand why she couldn't leave--Brooklyn or someone would have come to have gotten her. Right?

Merc (oswinssouffle) | 21 comments She didn't want to leave and didn't want to tell Brooklyn because she'd get upset that she was going after Booker. She, basically, wanted closure. Booker matches her in stubbornness, easily. Lol.

Kalen | 218 comments Okay, I just need to keep going and not worry about that so much.

Veronica  (vblanc) Merc wrote: "She didn't want to leave and didn't want to tell Brooklyn because she'd get upset that she was going after Booker. She, basically, wanted closure. Booker matches her in stubbornness, easily. Lol."

I agree with you on them matching! I loved their story!

Kalen | 218 comments I finished it and it came together okay. I guess I shouldn't be so impatient. I didn't love this one but maybe with time it will grow on me.

Kalen | 218 comments I don't know where she's speaking tonight but apparently Ms. Morrison just told the ending of the book to about 600 people. Oops.