YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > This is What Happy Looks Like (This is What Happy Looks Like #1) by Jennifer E. Smith - Restarting May 3rd 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 97 (97 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11915 comments If fate sent you an email, would you answer?

When teenage movie star Graham Larkin accidentally sends small town girl Ellie O'Neill an email about his pet pig, the two seventeen-year-olds strike up a witty and unforgettable correspondence, discussing everything under the sun, except for their names or backgrounds.

Then Graham finds out that Ellie's Maine hometown is the perfect location for his latest film, and he decides to take their relationship from online to in-person. But can a star as famous as Graham really start a relationship with an ordinary girl like Ellie? And why does Ellie want to avoid the media's spotlight at all costs?

message 2: by Selma (last edited May 03, 2015 11:02PM) (new)

Selma | 472 comments prologue (view spoiler)
Chapter 1 (view spoiler)

message 3: by Selma (new)

Selma | 472 comments Chapter 2 (view spoiler)

message 4: by Selma (last edited May 04, 2015 04:13AM) (new)

Selma | 472 comments Chapter 3 (view spoiler)

message 5: by Selma (new)

Selma | 472 comments Chapter 4 (view spoiler)
Chapter 5 (view spoiler)

message 6: by Selma (new)

Selma | 472 comments Chapter 7 (view spoiler)
Chapter 8 (view spoiler)
Chapter 10 (view spoiler)

message 7: by Selma (new)

Selma | 472 comments Chapter 11(view spoiler)
Chapter 12(view spoiler)

message 8: by Selma (new)

Selma | 472 comments Chapter 13 (view spoiler)

message 9: by Selma (new)

Selma | 472 comments Chapter 14 (view spoiler)

message 10: by Selma (new)

Selma | 472 comments Chapter 15 (view spoiler)
Chapter 16 (view spoiler)

message 11: by Selma (new)

Selma | 472 comments Chapter 17 (view spoiler)

message 12: by Selma (new)

Selma | 472 comments Chapter 19 (view spoiler)
Chapter 21 (view spoiler)

message 13: by Selma (new)

Selma | 472 comments Chapter 24 (view spoiler)

message 14: by Selma (new)

Selma | 472 comments Finished - (view spoiler)

message 15: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11915 comments Wow! You flew through this book! Hopefully I'll be able to start it soon. Way too exhausted today to start a new book...

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments Selma wrote: "Chapter 2 [spoilers removed]"

That was kind of funny but I think (view spoiler)

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments Selma wrote: "Chapter 4 [spoilers removed]
Chapter 5 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments Selma wrote: "Chapter 7 [spoilers removed]
Chapter 8 [spoilers removed]
Chapter 10 [spoilers removed]"

I think the chemistry was pretty good. I like them as a couple.

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments Selma wrote: "Chapter 14 [spoilers removed]"

I agree 100% with you on that.

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments Selma wrote: "Chapter 15 [spoilers removed]
Chapter 16 [spoilers removed]"

That was DRAMA.
I actually liked that part! :)

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments Selma wrote: "Chapter 19 [spoilers removed]
Chapter 21 [spoilers removed]"

I was so sad when reading that scene. It was actually my favorite scene in the book. But I wish (view spoiler)

message 22: by Irena BookDustMagic (last edited May 09, 2015 09:39AM) (new)

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments The end (view spoiler)

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments Starting this right now! It was free, and I'm using it for another challenge, hope it is good!

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments I really liked it. I hope you will too! :)

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments Oh good! I'm about to start :-)

message 26: by Selma (new)

Selma | 472 comments Irena wrote: "Selma wrote: "Chapter 15 [spoilers removed]
Chapter 16 [spoilers removed]"

That was DRAMA.
I actually liked that part! :)"

I also really enjoyed that part, but it didn't do him any good..

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments Oh no now he thinks Quinn is Elle, I like the beginning with the emails it is cute, I hope that continues, of course now there will be some kind of strange love triangle.

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments BTW I have had will be pie, so far so cute!

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments Ellies secret(view spoiler)

message 30: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11915 comments 25% done

(view spoiler)

message 31: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11915 comments Finished:

(view spoiler)

message 32: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11915 comments Selma wrote: "Chapter 24 [spoilers removed]"

I LOVED that his parents called!

message 33: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11915 comments Selma wrote: "Finished - [spoilers removed]"

Me too!

message 34: by Princess (new)

Princess Godoy (feelinggenius) | 1125 comments Please change the date for July 15. Thank you :)

message 35: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 115 comments Up to chapter 6
(view spoiler)

message 36: by Princess (new)

Princess Godoy (feelinggenius) | 1125 comments reading!

message 37: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 115 comments Ok great :) i really loved it myself. Cant wait to discuss!

message 38: by Princess (new)

Princess Godoy (feelinggenius) | 1125 comments Beginning: (view spoiler)

message 39: by Princess (last edited Jul 22, 2015 03:15PM) (new)

Princess Godoy (feelinggenius) | 1125 comments 10% (view spoiler)

52% (view spoiler)

73% (view spoiler)

Ending: I enjoyed this book more than the others.

message 40: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 115 comments Did you like Love, Rosie? I have it and want to read it but i didnt know how full of emails and stuff it would be...

I am not a fan of insta-love either but i really enjoyed The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith . Thats the only other book by her ive read. I liked this one more though :)

message 41: by Hannah (last edited Jul 22, 2015 03:20PM) (new)

Hannah | 115 comments (view spoiler)

message 42: by Princess (new)

Princess Godoy (feelinggenius) | 1125 comments Hannah wrote: "Did you like Love, Rosie? I have it and want to read it but i didnt know how full of emails and stuff it would be...

I am not a fan of insta-love either but i really enjoyed [bookcover:The Statist..."

i like Love, Rosie but halfway through you will just get tired of the story because you know that they will end up together and the author just made it super lenghty.

message 43: by Princess (new)

Princess Godoy (feelinggenius) | 1125 comments Hannah wrote: "
I think because this day in time Daddy issues are common.. I can relate i guess. I have a hate/love relationship with books that have people with great dads. Makes me sad at what i must have miss..."

Yeah I guess that's true. I just noticed that it's a common theme in her books.

message 44: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 115 comments Eh, i hate books that feel like they are drawing it out to long.. I plan to read it in august-september for a challenge, hope i can get through it quickly.

message 45: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 115 comments Ive only read 2 of her books so guess i havent noticed the pattern lol. But if its in all of them id say maybe it is time for her to try something new.. Maybe she she didnt have a good father either and doesnt know how to write anything else? .. Just a guess lol

message 46: by Princess (new)

Princess Godoy (feelinggenius) | 1125 comments Hannah wrote: "Ive only read 2 of her books so guess i havent noticed the pattern lol. But if its in all of them id say maybe it is time for her to try something new.. Maybe she she didnt have a good father eithe..."

I like how we're now analyzing her hahaha I really hope you can get through Love Rosie, halfway I just want to throw it away.

message 47: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 115 comments Lol yeah, guess we kind of got a little off topic XD. i hope so too, the movie trailer is what made me want to read it so i can watch the movie after reading it.. I bought it without noticing the email parts and ive never cared for books told through text, email, letters or poetry..

message 48: by Princess (new)

Princess Godoy (feelinggenius) | 1125 comments Hannah wrote: "Lol yeah, guess we kind of got a little off topic XD. i hope so too, the movie trailer is what made me want to read it so i can watch the movie after reading it.. I bought it without noticing the e..."

same! I was really surprised when I saw that it's just full of emails

message 49: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 115 comments Is it all emails or does it have regular story writing too?

message 50: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Reading from the 15th of September 2016

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

« previous 1