Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Archived: BOM/SGOM > May SGOM 2015 ♥ Fooled Around and Fell in Love Romance ♥

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments

May Sub-Genre of the Month:

Fooled Around and Fell in Love Romance: This can be as simple as a “One Night Stand” that becomes more. Or buddies who plan the relationship to be “No-Strings-Attached” hook-up. Ultimately they discover their twosome has what it takes to go the distance. (Examples on GRs’ listopia Favorite One NightStand stories by Decadent Publishing and One Night Stand with Unplanned Pregnancy & Love and Girl Loves Him Then Leaves Him 1 Night Stand.)

message 2: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments Reserved.

message 3: by Ezinwanyi (last edited May 19, 2015 01:16PM) (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 744 comments I'm in
1. Jet (Done 5/5) ★★★½
2. Rome (Done 5/7) ★★★½
3. 28. 'Til Death (Done 5/17) ★★★★

Jet (Marked Men, #2) by Jay Crownover Rome (Marked Men, #3) by Jay Crownover 'Til Death (Part 1) by Bella Jewel

message 4: by Oleander (new)

Oleander | 188 comments Does it have to be people who hook up or could it be people who come together for non-sexual purposes and then end up in love?

message 5: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Apr 28, 2015 05:52PM) (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments These ones caught my eyes from the lists :

More Than One Night by Sarah Mayberry Deep (Stage Dive, #4) by Kylie Scott

I'll see what everyone else is going to read!

message 6: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Oleander wrote: "Does it have to be people who hook up or could it be people who come together for non-sexual purposes and then end up in love?"

If you can call it fooling around and falling in love ? Yes why not ;)

message 7: by Oleander (new)

Oleander | 188 comments I found Mackenzie's Pleasure (Mackenzie Family, #3) by Linda Howard on the list.

message 8: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments I'll have some fun digging in my library for this one!

message 9: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments That first list has a lot of SFR and PNR titles it seems. Maybe I'll check out something new...

message 10: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments Secret baby books (which I try to avoid) often fit this theme as well. I'm reading one now: Melting into You (Due South, #2) by Tracey Alvarez . It takes place on an island in southern New Zealand and has some fun family and friend relationships.

message 11: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) I have Cold Night, Warm Stranger by Jill Gregory on my TBR

message 12: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 512 comments I'll be reading Rule (Marked Men, #1) by Jay Crownover and maybe One Night of Sin (After Hours, #1) by Elle Kennedy .

message 13: by D.G. (new)

D.G. Can I say that picture of those babies kissing is adorable??

Not sure what to read yet! It seems like a lot of books have this theme so I should be able to find something.

message 14: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments I've found a few that I think will work. I'm considering these: This Heart of Mine (Chicago Stars, #5) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips Friends Without Benefits (Knitting in the City, #2) by Penny Reid Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers, #1) by Sarah MacLean Venetia by Georgette Heyer among others.

.•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*•. Christine .•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*• I think I'll go historical romance on this one.

Thinking of

Man of My Dreams (Sherring Cross, #1) by Johanna Lindsey - 06/05/2015

message 16: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 96 comments I'm in! :)

message 17: by ⚜️Trea, Moderator (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 1319 comments I'm going with Sold to the Highest Bidder by Donna Alward for this one.

message 18: by Danielle Gypsy Soul (last edited May 07, 2015 03:20PM) (new)

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) Sug-Genre of the Month:
Completed 1/2
I'm going to go with Lick and Protecting What's His

Protecting What's His (Line of Duty, #1) by Tessa Bailey Lick (Stage Dive, #1) by Kylie Scott

message 19: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Ooooh! Some great picks.

message 20: by Molly (new)

Molly (molly32) | 104 comments Oh, this is such a fun category, i'm in. I just finished Simply Love last night, that fits the criteria and it's a wonderful book - highly recommend to all historical romance fans. I have to look for another one.

message 21: by Mee (last edited May 26, 2015 08:53PM) (new)

Mee | 77 comments I'll give it a go ~

Sub Genre of the Month ~ ♥ Fooled Around and Fell in Love
Duration 5/1 to 5/31

Read: 2

The Unlikely Lady (Playful Brides, #3) by Valerie Bowman ,
A Good Rake is Hard to Find (Lords of Anarchy, #1) by Manda Collins

message 22: by Bookcrazy (new)

Bookcrazy | 327 comments I've read Deep (Stage Dive, #4) by Kylie Scott . I really liked it. Sadly it's the last book of the Stage Dive series :,-/

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) Finished Lick (Stage Dive, #1) by Kylie Scott . I really loved this book! Not something I would normally pick for myself either but I couldn't put it down. Now I will have to read the rest of the series.

message 24: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 512 comments I loved that series! I devoured all 4 of them last month.

.•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*•. Christine .•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*• Finished!

Man of My Dreams (Sherring Cross, #1) by Johanna Lindsey - 06/05/2015

This was a re-read for me, but it has been a while.

message 26: by ⚜️Trea, Moderator (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 1319 comments Wasn't impressed with Sold to the Highest Bidder, but thankfully it was a freebie. Gave it 1 star.

message 27: by Bookcrazy (new)

Bookcrazy | 327 comments Danielle wrote: "Finished Lick (Stage Dive, #1) by Kylie Scott. I really loved this book! Not something I would normally pick for myself either but I couldn't put it down. Now I will have to read the rest of the series."

Oh you have to read the rest of the series. My favourite was Mal♥

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) Finished: Protecting What's His (Line of Duty, #1) by Tessa Bailey . this was pretty good. Not in a big hurry to read another but I enjoyed it.

message 29: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 744 comments are there any other lists we can draw from?

message 30: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments There are some links on post #1.

message 31: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 744 comments ShoSho wrote: "There are some links on post #1."

I meant other than those. I have 3 books I was hoping to hit 5.
thanks sho

message 32: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm going to read Deep (Stage Dive, #4) by Kylie Scott

message 33: by Silvia (new)

Silvia | 641 comments ShoSho wrote: "I'm going to read Deep (Stage Dive, #4) by Kylie Scott"

Enjoy Shoshone! I've only read the first 2 books of this series and I liked them both! ; )

message 34: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments I read Accidental Abduction (Alien Abduction, #1) by Eve Langlais . It was silly but fun, and super hot.

message 35: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments I also read Hold Me (Fool's Gold, #16) by Susan Mallery , which I really enjoyed.