Percy Jackson's Greek Gods Percy Jackson's Greek Gods discussion

What are your favorite quotes from this book?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Mine:

“You're already married!" Hera protested. "To me!"
"Curses!" said Zeus. "Er, I mean, of course, dear.”

“So, you invite a wild rabbit living in Italy to a party on the island of Crete. What’s it supposed to do, swim there? Its little tux would get wet.”

"His big claim to fame was that the Golden Fleece - that magical sheepskin rug I'm related to - ended up in his kingdom, which made the place immune to disease, invasion, stock market crashes, visits from Justin Bieber, and pretty much any other natural disaster.”

message 2: by Gabrielle (last edited May 04, 2015 03:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gabrielle I just put some of my faves. There are too many to choose! :-) Here are mine:

"Headache!" Zeus bellowed. "Bad. bad headache!"
As if to prove his point, the lord of the universe slammed his face into his pancakes, which demolished the pancakes and the plate and put a crack in the table, but did nothing for his headache.
"Aspirin?" Apollo suggested. (he was the god of healing)
"Nice cup og tea?" Hestia suggested
"I could split your skull open," offered Hephaestus, the blacksmith god
"Hephaestus!" Hera cried. "Don't talk to your father that way!"
"What?" Hephaestus demanded "Clearly he's got a problem in there. I could open up the hood and take a look. Might relieve the pressure. Besides, he's immortal. It won't kill him"

"If it were me, I'd wait until the queen said, "O great Demeter-"
Then I'd jump out with a bunch of explosions and fireworks and say, "YOU CALLED?"
Probably a good thing nobody has made me a god"

"If you're trying not to have kids, don't marry a lady who is the Titan of motherhood"

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited May 01, 2015 07:51AM) (new)

Incoming!" yelled Poseidon.
They shifted-as much as they could in the cramped space-and Rocky landed in their midst.
"This is not a baby," Hades noticed "I think it's a rock."
He was observant that way."

Kronos became the Titan of time. He couldn’t pop around the time stream like Doctor Who or anything, but he could occasionally make time slow down or speed up. Whenever you’re in an incredibly boring lecture that seems to take forever, blame Kronos. Or when your weekend is way too short, that’s Kronos’s fault, too."

"Excuse me, have you seen Death? Big guy with black feathery wings? Likes to reap souls?"

"He was also the god of (take a deep breath) commerce, languages, thievery, cheeseburgers, trickery, eloquent speaking, feasts, cheeseburgers, hospitality, guard dogs, birds of omen, gymnastics, athletic competitions, cheeseburgers, cheeseburgers and telling fortunes with dice. Okay, I just tossed in the cheeseburgers to see if you were paying attention. Also, I’m hungry."

"I mean, five gods in one stomach—dang. That's enough for doubles tennis, including a ref. They'd been down there so long, they were probably hoping Kronos would swallow down a deck of cards or a Monopoly game."

Gabrielle I love all of these quotes!!! They are amazingly hilarious!!!!!! I also love the second, third and fourth quotes that AwesomeReader posted

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Aww thanks! :)