Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Secret Garden
This topic is about The Secret Garden
Book Cover Help > Secret Garden Cover Change

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kirsten (ringwraith10) | 9 comments It appears that somehow the cover to this book was changed from a decent cover image to an uncropped photo of someone's copy of the book. I am not sure how to go back to a previous cover image (or if that is possible), so I'm making a note of it in the group in hopes that someone else will be able to fix it correctly.

message 2: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Apr 28, 2015 01:56PM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) Changelog says

"Goodreads updated the book The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
image_uploaded_at: 'Fri Mar 13 20:29:53 -0700 2015' to 'Sat Apr 11 16:11:41 -0700 2015' (undo)
(flag) "

If Goodreads is something official rather than someone's user name -- I'd leave it be and wait for staff to post here. If just someone's user name, I'd keep undoing images until original came back or just click "flag" to report it to support.

I'm pretty sure "goodreads" isn't just a user name.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6662 comments Amazon has 2 covers for that ISBN, and it appears for whatever reason amazon_kcw was using the inferior cover. I have uploaded the "good" cover, and hopefully the script has been fixed so that imports don't overwrite user-provided covers.

Kirsten (ringwraith10) | 9 comments Thanks Elizabeth! It's odd that Amazon would automatically change the cover to something that appears to have been uploaded by a customer.

D.A.: the changelog hadn't said anything about Goodreads updating the book when I checked it, so maybe they had done something after I took a look?

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

rivka | 42436 comments Mod
Amazon's imports treats all covers the same, regardless of source.

And the log says the changes were done by amazon_kcw. Not sure why Debbie thinks the log says something different.