Shut Up & Read discussion

Quest for the Middle Kingdom
This topic is about Quest for the Middle Kingdom
Past-Read It & Reap Books > {Read It & Reap 415} Quest for the Middle Kingdom by Jack King

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tana (last edited May 04, 2015 06:30PM) (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 3489 comments Mod
What is Read It & Reap?
Our Read It & Reap program is designed with authors in mind. Our goal is to help indie and self-published authors promote their books. If you are signing up to review Please Remember you have 3 weeks to read and review and post the links to your review on this page! For more information about RI&R and our Rules & Requirements click here: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/7...

Title: Quest for the Middle Kingdom
Author: Jack King
Genre: historical adventure with light romance
Formats Available: Pdf
Pages # 370
Review Due Date: May 19, 2015

Synopsis:

Four years after the bloody Boxer Rebellion of 1900, the wounded lands of China had grown resentful of all things Western. Known as 'The Middle Kingdom' to the Chinese people, their capital city was no place for a lone Scotsman. David was born and raised in the Scottish Highlands where he spends his days enjoying his family, the affections of his true love, Rose, and having an after-dinner drink with friends. Life is good in the brisk-green hillsides of David's beloved Scotland. But David's life takes a sharp turn when he discovers his fiancee sleeping with a relative, leaving David brokenhearted and anxious to follow a recent vision compelling him to the exotic and faraway country known as The Middle Kingdom where the answers to his questions lie. David sets out on an arduous voyage over land and sea in his search for closure. His aching-heart is the least of his trials when his journey becomes a dangerous quest, encountering pirates, bandits, and a bevy of lusty ladies with questionable motives. Fighting to keep body and soul intact so that he may realize his predestined purpose, David struggles to reach The Middle Kingdom, or die in the trying.

QUEST FOR THE MIDDLE KINGDOM by JACK KING – Set in early 1900’s, Scottish Highlander and China adventure-romance novel - Amazon.com or Barnesandnoble.com

"Betrayal, lustful ladies and temptation galore for our handsome hero with the pure heart, nonstop danger and high adventure, higher calling; and in the end, a great love story!”

Be one of the first 5 people to sign up below in order to receive a copy of this ebook to Read and Review!

Formats available: Pdf

All reviews should be completed and posted within 3 weeks .

Review Due Date: May 19, 2015

Leave us your Name and email address.

Reviewers

1. Mo - jacobs.mo@gmail.com
2. Poe - poethepro@live.co.uk
3. David - rossdb@weblink1.co.za
4. Chris - christopher.mcguinn@hotmail.com
5. Aj - ariche12@gmail.com

message 2: by Mo (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mo Jacobs | 33 comments I'm interested please

jacobs.mo@gmail.com

message 3: by Poe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Poe O'neill | 18 comments I would be interested in reading this since I'm Scottish :-)
poethepro@live.co.uk

message 4: by Tana (new)

Moe and Poe I have sent you both an email

David Ross (davidbross) I'd like to read this
rossdb(at)weblink1.co.za
Thanks!

message 6: by Chris (new)

Chris Mcguinn can I have a copy please christopher.mcguinn@hot mail.com

message 7: by Aj (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aj (a_the_reader) | 17 comments I'm interested in reading this book.
ariche12@gmail.com

message 9: by Tana (new)

sent Aj, Chris and David an email.

message 10: by Aj (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aj (a_the_reader) | 17 comments Unfortunately I can't finish this book until next week or a couple more days because I've been very busy for the past week or so.

message 11: by Poe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Poe O'neill | 18 comments Hi, i'm sorry my review is late its because we have houses being built across from us and they cut our internet cable so had no internet all week!
I've posted my review on amazon usa and uk, my fb page and here is my link for goodreads https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

David Ross (davidbross) My review, also overdue as previously communicated. Loadshedding in SA continues. Sigh.

message 13: by Aj (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aj (a_the_reader) | 17 comments My review.. Although it's weeks late
http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...