Harry Potter Fan Club discussion

SPOILERS!! > Did Snape care for Harry?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna, ~Ravenclaw addicted to reading~ (new)

Anna | 268 comments Mod
When Dumbledore asks Snape whether he has come to care for Harry, and Snape shows his patronus, Dumbledore says, "After all this time?", and Snape answers, "Always". Does Snape care for Harry or just Lily?

message 2: by Eleanor (new)

Eleanor I think Snape expects to see James in Harry, so he is prejudiced against him. He can't see enough of Lily in Harry, but he can also see too much. The eyes... They must have tormented Snape so much, especially when filled with the hate Harry often felt for Snape. I think that Snape's only care for Harry was that he was Lily's son. So, no, I think Lily was the only one Snape cared for. Ever. She was the only one who he loved, out of everyone. And then she died and he could never, ever, love anyone again. Not even her son. Especially not her son.

message 3: by Anna, ~Ravenclaw addicted to reading~ (new)

Anna | 268 comments Mod
I think I agree with your opinion. He was probably split inside, knowing that he should love Harry, being Lily's son, but also knowing that he was James' son.

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary (Literarypiesociety) | 129 comments I agree.

I think the only reason Snape was upset by the fact that Harry was going to die, he was only upset because to him he was letting down Lily.

message 5: by Georgia (new)

Georgia Morris (geog2001) | 65 comments I think at first he only cared about him because she was Lily's son but by the last book he liked him for him. But I also agree with what you guys wrote

message 6: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) I agree with all of u

message 7: by Anna, ~Ravenclaw addicted to reading~ (new)

Anna | 268 comments Mod
Me too!

message 8: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) :)

message 9: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 25 comments He technically did

message 10: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) I believe that.