Musique Academy discussion

Outskirts of Academy > Instrument Repair Shop

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LP, Fletcher: "Are you rushing or are you dragging?" (new)

LP (kirinchick) | 2945 comments Mod
A messy garage with broken instruments randomly placed wherever room was available. Tools are hanging from both the ceiling and walls with dim lighting. And in the middle of the mess, a old man grumply working on a instrument.

message 2: by LP, Fletcher: "Are you rushing or are you dragging?" (new)

Cas walks in with her saxophone in her hand, her reed still in her mouth. For some odd reason, the reed in her mouth always relaxed her so she usually kept on in her mouth. She walks in looking around at all the broken instruments giving the old man a wave. He just grumbles and continues working on a trumpet.

message 3: by Penelope ~Conversations with my cat~, Queen Penny of the Dancing Raindrops (new)

Penelope  ~Conversations with my cat~ | 3181 comments Mod
Savannah walked into the room shortly after Cas, holding her viola. One of the strings had snapped, and she didn't quite know how to fix it. After distractedly giving it to the man, she headed towards Cas. "Hullo," she said.

message 4: by LP, Fletcher: "Are you rushing or are you dragging?" (new)

The old man puts the trumpet to the side and grabs the viola. He begins to change the string.

She runs her fingers across all the broken instruments and jumps when Savannah says hullo to her. Turning around, Cas smiles "You startled me. Hello, I'm Cassandra Byrd and who are you?"

message 5: by Penelope ~Conversations with my cat~, Queen Penny of the Dancing Raindrops (new)

"Oh. Sorry. Savannah Cabezas is me," she said, and gave a smile.

message 6: by LP, Fletcher: "Are you rushing or are you dragging?" (new)

"It's nice to meet you Savannah. And you don't have to apologize. I just didn't expect anyone to join me here," Cas holds out her hand for a handshake.

"Bitte schön," the old man grumpily walks over to Savannah and hands over her viola. For some reason, it was harder to string than it usually was.

Cas smiles at him and opens her saxophone case, "Umm...I noticed this earlier when I was playing, but for some reason. My D keeps locking on me. I added oil, but it still refuses to work. Do you think you can fix it for me please?"

The old man grabs her saxophone out of the case and heads back over to his table and begins working on it.

message 7: by Penelope ~Conversations with my cat~, Queen Penny of the Dancing Raindrops (new)

"And you as well," she replied, gripping the offered hand. "Thank you," Savannah said to the man.

message 8: by LP, Fletcher: "Are you rushing or are you dragging?" (new)

Cas smiles, "What was wrong with your instrument?"

message 9: by Penelope ~Conversations with my cat~, Queen Penny of the Dancing Raindrops (new)

"Snapped string," Savannah replied to Cas. "Moderately easy fix, but I can never do it myself."

message 10: by LP, Fletcher: "Are you rushing or are you dragging?" (new)

"Oh," she glances down to look at the string, "I don't have to worry about snapping strings. Just reeds for me." Cas shows the reed that she had in her mouth earlier.

message 11: by Penelope ~Conversations with my cat~, Queen Penny of the Dancing Raindrops (new)

Savannah gave a smile. "That's nice," she replied. "Except, don't you have to buy a new one if it breaks?"

message 12: by LP, Fletcher: "Are you rushing or are you dragging?" (new)

"Yes, and also ever so often. Like if they get old or if they lose their touch in a great quality of sound if you get what I'm saying," Cas rambles.

message 13: by Penelope ~Conversations with my cat~, Queen Penny of the Dancing Raindrops (new)

"I think so," Savannah responded. "So... What do you like?" she said, for lack of anything else to say.

message 14: by LP, Fletcher: "Are you rushing or are you dragging?" (new)

"I am a simple girl," she admits, "Just music and books. Not music about me to be frank, but I tend to be too quiet at times."

message 15: by Penelope ~Conversations with my cat~, Queen Penny of the Dancing Raindrops (new)

"Sometimes being quiet is the best thing," she said, nodding her head. "But can also be the worst."

message 16: by LP, Fletcher: "Are you rushing or are you dragging?" (new)

"Worst, how?" Cas stares at Abby worriedly.

message 17: by Penelope ~Conversations with my cat~, Queen Penny of the Dancing Raindrops (new)

"Well, not in an entirely bad way. If you're overly shy and quiet, you may just always stay away from people," She responded.

message 18: by Penelope ~Conversations with my cat~, Queen Penny of the Dancing Raindrops (new)

"Nothing you need to worry about, I don't think," Savannah quickly added.

message 19: by LP, Fletcher: "Are you rushing or are you dragging?" (new)

Cassandra smiles relieved, "Yes, I usually do stay away from people. But I am talking to you so I'm not that shy."

message 20: by Penelope ~Conversations with my cat~, Queen Penny of the Dancing Raindrops (new)

"Yes, plus, what I said kind of just sounded cool," she replied, laughing a bit.

message 21: by LP, Fletcher: "Are you rushing or are you dragging?" (new)

"It did," she smiles.

The man walks over to the girls and gives Cas her saxophone back. He grumbles and strolls back to his table to work on the trumpet again.

message 22: by Penelope ~Conversations with my cat~, Queen Penny of the Dancing Raindrops (new)

Savannah watches the man go back to working on the instrument. "How long has he been here?" she asked. "Do you know?"

message 23: by LP, Fletcher: "Are you rushing or are you dragging?" (new)

Cassandra looks over to the man, "No, I haven't actually. Do you think he lives in here? It looks that way..."

message 24: by Penelope ~Conversations with my cat~, Queen Penny of the Dancing Raindrops (new)

"It does actually. I don't think I've ever seen him leave..." she said.

message 25: by LP, Fletcher: "Are you rushing or are you dragging?" (new)

Cassandra tilts her head in thought, "Are you here often?"

message 26: by Penelope ~Conversations with my cat~, Queen Penny of the Dancing Raindrops (new)

"Not really..." Savannah replied. "But long enough to notice that he hasn't left this place. Or at least not that I've seen."

message 27: by LP, Fletcher: "Are you rushing or are you dragging?" (new)

"How long is that?" Cas puts her saxophone away once she tests out her D.

message 28: by Penelope ~Conversations with my cat~, Queen Penny of the Dancing Raindrops (new)

"Trust me, not long," she said, becoming slightly nervous. "I mean, I can also see the light always on from my room too."

message 29: by LP, Fletcher: "Are you rushing or are you dragging?" (new)

"Ah okay," she drops the subject believing Abby.

message 30: by Penelope ~Conversations with my cat~, Queen Penny of the Dancing Raindrops (new)

Savannah let out a silent sigh of relief, glad that Cas dropped the subject. She didn't want people to know she was a ghost.

message 31: by Penelope ~Conversations with my cat~, Queen Penny of the Dancing Raindrops (new)

And she thought that continuing the subject would somehow lead to her finding out.

message 32: by LP, Fletcher: "Are you rushing or are you dragging?" (new)

"Anyways, I better get going. I need to give my saxophone a rest for the day," she laughs as she pets her case softly.

message 33: by Penelope ~Conversations with my cat~, Queen Penny of the Dancing Raindrops (new)

Giving, a smile, Savannah replies, "Alrighty, I should probably put this back in my room as well." She help up her viola. "Nice meeting you."

message 34: by LP, Fletcher: "Are you rushing or are you dragging?" (new)

(( I just noticed I said Abby earlier instead of Savannah. Sorry about that. I meant to put Savannah ))

"It was nice meeting you Savannah," Cassandra walks out holding the door open for Savannah.

message 35: by Penelope ~Conversations with my cat~, Queen Penny of the Dancing Raindrops (new)

((I noticed that too, but I didn't really mind. I knew what you meant.))

Savannah walks out, nodding her thanks and agreement. "See you around!" she called as she quickly walked around the corner, in the general direction of some dorms. She hoped it wasn't obvious she didn't live in them. Looking around to make sure Cas, or anyone else wasn't looking, she disappeared.

message 36: by LP, Fletcher: "Are you rushing or are you dragging?" (new)

(( Haha, you should have scolded me :P ))

Cassandra begins walking to her dorms after Savannah disappears.

message 37: by Penelope ~Conversations with my cat~, Queen Penny of the Dancing Raindrops (new)

((Nah. You're cool. I knew what you meant lol.))

message 38: by LP, Fletcher: "Are you rushing or are you dragging?" (new)

(( Hahaha, alright :) ))

message 39: by Penelope ~Conversations with my cat~, Queen Penny of the Dancing Raindrops (new)

(( =D ))