Fringe Fiction Unlimited discussion

Independent Author Network

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jason (new)

Jason Crawford (jasonpatrickcrawford) | 587 comments Hey, everyone!

I was wondering if anyone had utilized the services of the Independent Author Network, and, if so, had they noticed an increase in sales?

Here's the link if you're curious. http://www.independentauthornetwork.com/

message 2: by Quentin (new)

Quentin Wallace (quentinwallace) | 380 comments I'm always leery of things like this, but I don't know much about it. Could be something to look into.

message 3: by Lily (new)

Lily Vagabond (lilyauthor) I've heard of it before but never gave it a second glance. A) Not free. At all. B) In my honest opinion, and no offense to anyone who's signed up for IAN, to me, the books look like a published slush pile.

Personally, if I were spend that kind of money, I'd rather pay for a billboard.

message 4: by Jason (new)

Jason Crawford (jasonpatrickcrawford) | 587 comments And this is why we ask :)

message 5: by Lily (new)

Lily Vagabond (lilyauthor) And this is why we have a mod who happens to be opinionated. lol

Seriously thought, as always, it's your choice.

message 6: by Riley (new)

Riley Amos Westbrook (sonshinegreene) | 124 comments I actually use them just recently and yes I noticed a noticeable bump in sales. of course I only paid the one time setup fee and I'm only using their initial release tweet package I'm too cheap to buy the rest of the other crap.

message 7: by Jason (new)

Jason Crawford (jasonpatrickcrawford) | 587 comments Riley wrote: "I actually use them just recently and yes I noticed a noticeable bump in sales. of course I only paid the one time setup fee and I'm only using their initial release tweet package I'm too cheap to ..."

How noticeable is noticeable? Only if you're comfortable with sharing, obviously.

message 8: by Riley (new)

Riley Amos Westbrook (sonshinegreene) | 124 comments I mean modest figures honestly I'm happy if I sell a book a week. . . But it went up to about 1 a day. But my free time is ending soon so then I'll know if it's just me being more visible or if it's actually IAN

message 9: by Jason (new)

Jason Crawford (jasonpatrickcrawford) | 587 comments I'd love to be selling a book a week right now ;)

Thank you for the input!