Matched (Matched, #1) Matched discussion

Cassia / her relationship with Ky

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new) - added it

Anna Is it just me or does she go really fast from being all "I can't go against the society, I can't do this, I can't do that" to saying things like "I don't like the matches system I wish we could chose our own matches. I hate this." because to me she makes that transition really really fast and I don't like it. AND THEN, Yeah her and Ky are somewhat cute, but their relationship seems REALLY fake to me and I don't like it at all. Am I the only one who thinks this? I'm sorry if I offend anyone who is all pro Cassia and Ky, but I just... It seems so fake to me and I don't like it because I feel like Cassia connects with Xander a lot better.

Bridget Ky is a problem for me as well. He is sort of the symbol of the "wrong" guy that all girls go after at least once in their rebellious teenage years. I don't like that she goes for him.

Ilana i think that ky represents everything that was to be challenged and that's something that Cassia needed. While i feel like the build up to where they netted out was maybe not in the right progression - i think that i'm ok with them and how things were evolving. It's interesting to see how being with Ky and just learning about him really makes Cassia question everything that she knew. It wasn't just that she was in a match that was interesting with the 2 guys feature - the fact that they were both from her city didn't seem to bother her nearly enough.

i think that what you'll see in the remainder of the series is that Ky has a role and purpose in Cassia's life - as someone to challenge her and make her just ask the right questions about what she knows and what she should know.

Kristen Cassia didn't want to go against what she was taught was the right thing to do or be. I think she had that craving for freedom long before she actually acted on it. She just didn't necessarily want to. She wanted to be normal and fit in to what she was always told was the right kind of life.
I think, for her, Ky was the realization that she could and should have a choice. Not so much that she was in love with him right away, but that he represented freedom that she never let herself think about before then.

Jacque Kristen wrote: "Cassia didn't want to go against what she was taught was the right thing to do or be. I think she had that craving for freedom long before she actually acted on it. She just didn't necessarily want..."
I agree. I don't think he represented rebellion or that teenage mistake either as the previous posters said. He is much too nice a person to represent that "bad boy." He's a victim in the system in how he is outcasted and he represents the ugly side of the system that no one likes to talk about.

Maddie I was originally on Team Ky the first several times I read this seris in fifth grade (I loved it so much I purchased it). Now reading it a few years later, I have switched sides 100%. The only reason Cassia liked Ky was because she accidently saw his picture. That's it. If that never had happened, this series would have been pretty terrible but she never would have loved Ky. One mistake the Society made and it ruined her amazing relationship with both her childhood friend and future husband. I understand why she took more interest in him, because let's be honest here, if some handsome guy you barely knew popped up in something of yours, you'd naturally be curious and dig deeper into his life and junk. But Xander has always been there for Cassia. He even let her go see Ky, and that's bold and brave. I want a guy like Xander to love me some day, but I'm only in seventh grade, so I've got a while to go :)

Great trilogy overall, but not as good as The Hunger Games or Selection trilogy.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

➳♡ Maddie ♡➳ wrote: "I was originally on Team Ky the first several times I read this seris in fifth grade (I loved it so much I purchased it). Now reading it a few years later, I have switched sides 100%. The only reas..."

My thoughts exactly, ky is such a nice person old romantic almost and yet xander si just one of those boys which cant help to not want I just wish I could put them together, may I ask what is the selection trilogy?