Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > The 5 Love Languages -> unable to combine

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (cheriepie) | 10 comments I'm trying to combine the books at https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... with the existing set of works at https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... but neither shows up in the combine list for the other.

Can a super librarian please combine them for me or let me know how to force one to see the other?

I'm currently reading the Kindle edition which is in the former group of only the Kindle and Audio CD edition published January 2015, but I'd like to see the book I'm reading in where it belongs. Thanks!

message 2: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20779 comments No need for a super librarian.
To combine, the author name has to match exactly.
On one profile, the author has an initial, not on the other profile. You can correct the author name on the book, or even merge author profiles if all books are from the same author (and author is not a Goodreads author).

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 2443 comments The authors on the books were different. One had the middle initial and the other didn't. As the books don't list the middle initial, I combined the 2 author accounts. The books must have the exact same primary author listed to show up on the combine page.

You should be able to combine the books now.

message 4: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments Done, they were on the combine page for me, but the Bold title of the one edition was a foreign (Spanish) title, so maybe you overlooked it.

message 5: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (cheriepie) | 10 comments Awesome! Thanks! I didn't even notice that minor difference. I'll go do the combine now.

Thanks again for the keen eyes and quick response. :)

message 6: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (cheriepie) | 10 comments Thanks Phillip!

I think you saw them on the Combine page before I did because Amanda had fixed the author name to match exactly (and Arenda pointed that out as well).

When I went to do the combine now that the author names matched exactly, I saw it was already done, so thank you. :)