Penryn and the End of Days Re-Read discussion

World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
This topic is about World After
Susan Ee Q&A's > Susan Ee WORLD AFTER Q&A

Comments Showing 1-50 of 117 (117 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Chapter Five (Chapter5Books) | 27 comments Mod
Hello everyone and welcome to the second Susan Ee Q&A! This Q&A will be around the epic second book in the series World After.

Susan will be popping in and out of this thread on Thursday (April 30th) to answer your questions, and you can start asking away now.

We can't wait to hear your questions and, of course, Susan's answers!

Katerina Kondrenko (Katerina_Kondrenko) Aaaaa, so cool! Hi, Susan! Hi, girls (I know, you'll come)! I missed our funny interrogation conversation so much)

My (and not only mine) first question is:
Can you describe angel life in angel world a little? Do they have relationships between their men and women? If it's not or if the warrior angels don't I have to ask is Raffe a virgin? Was his kiss with Penryn his first kiss at all? Or maybe at least the first kiss with human?)

message 3: by Jasmine (last edited Apr 29, 2015 04:44AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jasmine (readingwithjax) Hi, Susan :D
I really love the Angelfall series a lot and all I want to ask is that whether we'll get a chance to read some deleted scenes from your original draft. I mean, you've mentioned that you had to delete some parts of the story before you published them. Will we read them some day?

Hugs from Taiwan! <3

Ricky (Spider-Fan) | 11 comments Hey there, Susan! My question is this: When this series finally gets made into a movie, would you want to see it filmed in the Bay Area where it belongs?

HurrikanKathrina | 93 comments Hey Susan :)

Katerina wrote: "My (and not only mine) first question is:
Can you describe angel life in angel world a little? Do they have relationships between their men and women? If it's not or if the warrior angels don't I have to ask is Raffe a virgin?..."

I second that! :D

So okay, my question is: in the last Q&A you said that Raffe thought about Penryn after her 'death' a lot and that you wrote some of it. Could you give us a little insight on how those scenes looked like? I know you said Raffe is a very hard character to write, since it's difficult to get something out of him, so how can we think of those scenes in his POV? What were his thoughts like and how was it to write him?

Greetings from Germany! :)

Andrea Mignanelli Collado (andimignanelli) | 16 comments Hi Susan! I have one question and I hope you can answer it :)
Why Raphael? What made you choose him instead of the others?
Well, that's two questions actually :p
Every day we are getting closer to End and I'm freaking out! I can't wait to read it!
Thank you <3

Esha (PotatoThug) | 90 comments Hey Hi!!
Since you answered all my questioms in the previous q&a (Thanks for that! I was so happy I was seriously freaking out!) I have come up with a fresh question for you :D
Um, personally I was always intrigued by the "Vault" in Penryn's head! I mean, the World After is kinda horrific, you obviously know so.
I wondered if you had any plans that involved Penryn's mental (and physical) well being?!
Anddd will we see alot of death in End Of Days?!! Should we be scared?!
Thank you anyways! Penryn was kindof my childhood hero lol and I wanted to thank you for her. Thank you very much! Because of Penryn I also got to meet so many fabulous people and it has been JUST GREAT! Thank you
Love from India ;) <3

message 8: by Mel (last edited Apr 29, 2015 04:11AM) (new) - added it

Mel (lemonie) | 12 comments Hi Susan, just looking at the breath of countries represented here and on your last Q & A It's amazing how books can bring the world's people closer together especially in these troubled times so thank you for bringing us altogether through your wonderful books and characters.

My question: What genre would you like to write next? Another Dystopian Paranormal novel or something completely different? And do you think you will always write YA or would you consider New Adult or Adult? And just sneaking in one more - we all have our own ideas of what Raffe looks like and you've given us a brief idea - but what would your ideal badass Angel look like?!!

Mel x

message 9: by Ileana (last edited Apr 30, 2015 01:23AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ileana (Theultimateairshippirate) | 74 comments Hey Susan!! My question is, are you planing on working on other projects after you finish EOD or are you going to stop writing? I really hope that you keep writing cause you are a VERY good author and I will miss your writings a lot!
Thanks!

Yasmine (Yassie666) | 5 comments Hi Susan! I am a huge fan of the series, I think Penryn may be one of my all time favourite heroines but what I'm really curious about is the other angels. I really love your take on angels as a whole but I would love to know more about them as individuals, they all seem pretty bloodthirsty but you mentioned that Raffe had supporters and that some angels disapproved of the violence in world after. I guess what I'm asking (in a really long winded way) is if we would be meeting any new angels and/or if they will be good or bad.

message 11: by Jay (last edited Apr 30, 2015 07:26AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay (jnella_f) From 1-10 (10 being YESSS!) how likely are you in writing Raffe's very own POV from books 1-3? If it's a 0 (queue disappointment), are you planning to write a separate book with Raffe as the main character?

Obviously I love your books & writing style so much, therefore I wouldn't be here nagging you with questions!

message 12: by Susan (new)

Susan Ee | 96 comments Hi everyone! Thanks for stopping by! It’s great to get another chance to chat with you all. I often don’t get the chance to respond to everyone, so I’ll randomly pick out questions or comments and respond to them.Also, I love hearing a little about you, so feel free to tell us a little about yourself. You don’t have to ask questions to be part of the conversation. :)

message 13: by Susan (new)

Susan Ee | 96 comments Jasmine wrote: "Hi, Susan :D
I really love the Angelfall series a lot and all I want to ask is that whether we'll get a chance to read some deleted scenes from your original draft...Will we read them some day?"

Hi Jasmine! The answer is maybe. It’ll take some work on my part to dive into the mess that’s my writing process and dig out scenes that I think you’ll enjoy. So far, I keep choosing to eat and sleep and chat with you guys instead. :)

message 14: by Esha (new) - rated it 5 stars

Esha (PotatoThug) | 90 comments Hey Susan!!! Nice to meet you again here! I bet everyone missed you as much as I did from the last q&a!! We people are getting curious again... :D

message 15: by Susan (last edited Apr 30, 2015 08:44AM) (new)

Susan Ee | 96 comments HurrikanKathrina wrote: "...in the last Q&A you said that Raffe thought about Penryn after (view spoiler)a lot and that you wrote some of it...What were his thoughts like and how was it to write him? ..."

Raffe was going through a pretty rough time. There were so many things that he should have been able to take for granted—his wings, his friends…among other things…. Writing about him during that time felt painfully private. Sure, he's difficult to write, but aside from that, I am his friend. Out of respect for him, I backed off. I figured you guys have all been through something like this in your lives and could fill in the blanks.

Jasmine (readingwithjax) Susan wrote: "Jasmine wrote: "Hi, Susan :D
I really love the Angelfall series a lot and all I want to ask is that whether we'll get a chance to read some deleted scenes from your original draft...Will we read th..."

OMG!!!!!! That's good to hear! Can't believe you really replied to my question!! Thanks soooo much!!

message 17: by Mail (new)

Mail | 5 comments Hello!
How extensively have you gone into the world-building of the series?
What made you want to start writing or Why did you start?

message 18: by Susan (last edited Apr 30, 2015 08:45AM) (new)

Susan Ee | 96 comments Doh! I just realized I should be using spoiler tags. In case you don't know, this is how you do spoilers--(view spoiler) (I edited one of my answers to include spoiler tag)

message 19: by Susan (new)

Susan Ee | 96 comments Esha wrote: "Hey Susan!!! Nice to meet you again here! I bet everyone missed you as much as I did from the last q&a!! We people are getting curious again... :D"

Hi Esha! Great to see you here again. :) Thanks for stopping by.

message 20: by Susan (new)

Susan Ee | 96 comments Yasmine wrote: "...I guess what I'm asking...is if we would be meeting any new angels and/or if they will be good or bad."

Yes... You might have a date with "new angels" on May 12th when End of Days (Penryn and the End of Days, #3) by Susan Ee comes out. But it might not be what you're thinking... :)

message 21: by Susan (new)

Susan Ee | 96 comments Ileana wrote: "Hey Susan!! My question is, are you planing on working on other projects after you finish EOD or are you going to stop writing? I really hope that you keep writing cause you are a VERY good author ..."

Hi Illeana! Enough people have asked me this question to make me wonder if I'm giving off the wrong vibe. Please tell me what I'm doing that makes some of you think that I might stop writing. I really want to know.

I am ridiculously dedicated to writing, to my stories, and to you guys who remind me every day how amazing it is to have such a wonderful community of readers. It's kind of embarrassing how dedicated I am, actually. So yes, I will definitely be releasing stories in the future. And I hope you'll all be there to read them.

message 22: by Susan (new)

Susan Ee | 96 comments Oh! Goodreads! I had the best answer ever. I swear! This site just gobbled it up. Sigh. You'll just have to settle for what I can remember of it...

(I know! It's evil to tell you this, isn't it? I guess I am kind of evil, I mean, just a teeeeny bit.)

message 23: by Susan (new)

Susan Ee | 96 comments Okay, speaking of future releases, I'd love it if you'd sign up for my New Release Notification if you haven't already. It's the ONLY way to guarantee that you'll hear about my future releases. And I so want to share my future stories with you!

Katerina Kondrenko (Katerina_Kondrenko) Susan wrote: I am ridiculously dedicated to writing, to my stories, and to you guys who remind me every day how amazing it is to have such a wonderful community of readers. It's kind of embarrassing how dedicated I am, actually. So yes, I will definitely be releasing stories in the future. And I hope you'll all be there to read them.

AMAZING news, Susan! Can't wait for new stories by you)

message 25: by Ileana (last edited Apr 30, 2015 09:30AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ileana (Theultimateairshippirate) | 74 comments Susan wrote: I am ridiculously dedicated to writing, to my stories, and to you guys who remind me every day how amazing it is to have...

XD it's soo good to know you won't stop writing!!! And I will definitely read all the books you write!

Susan wrote: Please tell me what I'm doing that makes some of you think that I might stop writing.

It's just that End of days is the last book in this series, and I just thought that maybe you wanted to move on from writing...

Thanks for answering my question Susan! I was really worried that you'd stop writing. Thanks!!

message 26: by Susan (new)

Susan Ee | 96 comments Katerina wrote: "AMAZING news, Susan! Can't wait for new stories by you"

Thanks, Katernina!

HurrikanKathrina | 93 comments Susan wrote: "Ileana wrote: "Hey Susan!! My question is, are you planing on working on other projects after you finish EOD or are you going to stop writing? I really hope that you keep writing cause you are a VE..."

WOW, this makes me so happy! OMG, I can't wait for your new stories! Do you already have an idea of which genre or direction the story is going to be?

message 28: by Susan (new)

Susan Ee | 96 comments Mel wrote: "What genre would you like to write next? Another Dystopian Paranormal novel or something completely different? And do you think you will always write YA or would you consider New Adult or Adult? ..."

Hi Mel! I'd like my next genre to be "GREAT story." :) Do they have a section in the bookstores for that?

When I’m writing, I don't really think in terms of genre. When I’m reading, I tend to be genre focussed. I never intended for Penryn & the End of Days to be YA, I just wanted it to be a story that people loved. The readers told me it was YA, and I was totally happy with that. As for my next one, I won’t know what genre it is until it’s finished and someone else tells me what genre it is.

What kinds of genres do you all read?

Bookgangster | 1 comments well there wasnt a lot of romantic scenes between raffe and penryn i wonder why cause i really love them together and will be romantic scenes in book 3
greeting from Turkey I love you :)

Ileana (Theultimateairshippirate) | 74 comments Susan wrote: "Mel wrote: "What genre would you like to write next? Another Dystopian Paranormal novel or something completely different? And do you think you will always write YA or would you consider New Adult ..."

I prefer YA, though any book you write is bound to be Awesome with a capital A!
Have you already started working on the 'new' book? Do you know what kind of a world it's going to be based in?

Amie's Book Reviews (Amiesbookreviews) | 1 comments Susan. I agree with you. A good story is just that. Genre should always be secondary.

I believe that quite a few "adults" are missing out on books they would probably love due to the fact that they are labelled as "Young Adult".

I read all different genres and types of books right from Young Adult to Erotica, and from literary fiction to young adult fantasy. If the story sounds interesting I will give it a try.

message 32: by Susan (new)

Susan Ee | 96 comments Mail wrote: "How extensively have you gone into the world-building of the series?"

The Penryn & the End of Days world is pretty huge. You'll see a whole new dimension of it in End of Days. I could probably spend the rest of my career writing stories from that world (but I won't-- there are just too many other stories and characters that are demanding to be introduced to you).

message 33: by Susan (new)

Susan Ee | 96 comments Amie wrote: "...If the story sounds interesting I will give it a try. "

Yes!

Kadija | 1 comments While Penryn and the End of Days is about to come to a conclusion. Have you started thinking about your next book project? Any hints? <3

message 35: by Esha (new) - rated it 5 stars

Esha (PotatoThug) | 90 comments I also have one-more question! :D
You see, everyone here keeps wondering what Penryn and Raffe look like. I know that looks don't matter and that Raffe and Penryn are simply Awesome anyways! But since, it's such a pressing "issue" here, do you have anyone in mind that you would like to cast in an Angelfall movie if there were one that is.
I know it's a tough question because I understand that our heroes look different in everyone's head! especially my weird one SO its okay if you don't answer it. I'll understand :)
Thanks again for taking out time to do this!

(PS personally my favorites are Chris Evans (who plays Captain America) and Chloe Bennett (who plays Agent Skye in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D :D)

Lissyiszy Hi Susan! Loved and re-read the books already! Can't wait for EoD! Who has been your favorite characters to write during the series?

message 37: by Susan (new)

Susan Ee | 96 comments Several of you have asked me about my next project, so I'm responding to all of you.

I’ve started writing two books and they’re competing with each other right now. I have not yet committed to writing either. I’m ruthless when it comes to putting aside scenes/ storylines/ entire novels that I consider not ready or not right at this time for various reasons.

One of the novels I've started is the story that I found so compelling that it moved me from being a reader to being a writer. I didn’t have the writing skills to do it justice at the time. But over ten years later, it still calls to me. I’ll write it—it’s just a question of when. I could happily be lost forever in that story, and I always seem to come back to it whenever I think about my next story.

Ileana (Theultimateairshippirate) | 74 comments Aisazia wrote: "Hi Susan! Loved and re-read the books already! Can't wait for EoD! Who has been your favorite characters to write during the series?"

I second that! Personally I like Dee-Dum a lot!

Ileana (Theultimateairshippirate) | 74 comments Susan wrote: "Several of you have asked me about my next project, so I'm responding to all of you.

I’ve started writing two books and they’re competing with each other right now. I have not yet committed to wri..."

I love that you put so much consideration on the way you write your books and when. Some authors just rush into books and they don't come out as good as it could have. I also like that you take your time in writing your books and complete them to perfection.
I'm sure all the books you're working on will be awesome. Especially the one you were talking about that made you a reader to writer.

message 40: by Susan (new)

Susan Ee | 96 comments It's time for a late breakfast in my part of the world. I'll be back in an hour or so. Feel free to continue to post and I'll read them when I get back. I especially enjoy hearing about you or what you like to do. I'll be back. :)

And thanks for chatting with me.

message 41: by Janine (new)

Janine Lano | 1 comments Hi Susan!

My names Janine and I'm a first year English major and I just wanted to say I absolutely LOVE Angellfall and World After and cannot wait for End of Days. I love your writing style and how you're able to completely immerse a reader into the world of an angel apocalypse. So I was just wondering, was it difficult to get a full grasp of this world before you started writing? What helped you with it? Thank you!

message 42: by Mail (new)

Mail | 5 comments Thank you for your time!
With the release date so close, how do you feel about the finale? Excited? Nervous?

Lissyiszy Susan wrote: "Several of you have asked me about my next project, so I'm responding to all of you.

I’ve started writing two books and they’re competing with each other right now. I have not yet committed to wri..."

I appreciate the amount of time it takes for you to write a great book. I think more authors should do that too because I rather have longer periods of time between great books than have adequate books at a rapid pace. It makes the wait worth it and I can expect great things from that author every time instead of a hit or miss when I pick up a book.

Ileana (Theultimateairshippirate) | 74 comments Aisazia wrote: "Susan wrote: "Several of you have asked me about my next project, so I'm responding to all of you.

I’ve started writing two books and they’re competing with each other right now. I have not yet co..."

Definitely! I love that about Susan!

Katerina Kondrenko (Katerina_Kondrenko) In my part of the world is already night, I'm sleepy =(

Thank you, Susan, for chatting with us!)

And I still wanna know about Raffryn's kiss, was it the first one for Raffe or not))

Good night/day to all of you! Kisses from Russia <3

Ileana (Theultimateairshippirate) | 74 comments Katerina wrote: "In my part of the world is already night, I'm sleepy =(

And I still wanna know about Raffryn's kiss, was it the first one for Raffe or not))

Good night/d..."

Bye Katerina!!
In my part of the world it's 7:30pm. I'm considering staying up all night just to talk to you guys...

Ileana (Theultimateairshippirate) | 74 comments Katerina wrote: "In my part of the world is already night, I'm sleepy =(

Good night/d..."

Bye Katerina!!
In my part of the world it's 7:30pm. I'm considering staying up all night just to talk to you guys...

Sandy | 1 comments Hi Susan,
Greetings from Florida, USA.
I just want to say THANK YOU for being true to the story. I understand there was an expectation of more books in this series and while I would love to have more, I would rather have an authentic experience; not one that gets dragged out by the publisher. So thank you for standing up for yourself and your characters.
Also, I love seeing people from all over the world come together because of your books. It must be an amazing feeling.

Here's my question: are you working on your next story yet? Or just enjoying the ride with Penryn for now?

Julia | 1 comments Hi! :3
Book theory question: is there a chance that Gabriel might still be alive?

Xeniya | 9 comments Hi Susan, everybody!

I'm generally not a YA fan, mostly cause I like "adult" characters and stories. I had no problems with EOD, however! There's nothing immature about it, or its characters, so I fell really hard for them! I loved it from the page one!

So anyway, since I got into Penryn's world only very recently, I wasn't aware of the previous plans for releases. I read on several places that the series was supposed to be longer (like 6 books or something?), what happened? There was even some talk about a possible spin-off, since Penryn's story is supposed to end with this last book.

I'm just very sad that it will all end so quickly. One more book and that's it. I was hoping to stay with the characters for years to come! Good thing the quality always beats the quantity, and there's no lack of the former in your case! :)

Cheers from Croatia!
Ksenija

« previous 1 3

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

End of Days (other topics)