What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Very old adult book: Two school teachers buy old sheep farm/estate in Wales during WWII and do it up

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kay (new)

Kay | 2 comments Hello everyone. This is a long shot, but since Google can't help me I'm getting desperate. I'm searching for a book for my partner's grandfather, so unfortunately I don't know a lot about it. Here's what I do know:

It must have been published at least 20 years ago, but probably longer. I believe it was a paperback, and probably wasn't by a particularly popular or well-known author.

According to my partner's grandfather, it was set during World War II, and was about two female teachers who buy an old, run down sheep farm/estate in Wales and do it up. I'm not sure whether this was to support the war effort or whether it was unrelated to the war.

Unfortunately this is all I know, but I hope someone can help me find this book for this special man.

Many thanks in advance!

message 2: by Michele (new)

Michele | 47 comments I don't think it's the book you mean but I Bought a Mountain is about a couple who bought a Welsh hill farm (with no experience of farming) in the 1930s. It was published in the 40s. Might interest your partner's grandfather while you search for the right book.

message 3: by Kay (new)

Kay | 2 comments Thank you so much Michele, that certainly sounds like his sort of book!

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37804 comments Mod
Kay, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37804 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Kay, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.