The Not a Book Club Club discussion

House of Chains (Malazan Book of the Fallen, #4)
This topic is about House of Chains
Malazan > HoC: Book Four - House of Chains (Full Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Scott (thekeeblertree) | 1049 comments So, was just thinking as Dom and Reloe are going over their sneaky plans, that I seem to remember in the last book that Dujek's force was supposed to come to Raraku to help Tavore. Am I remembering that wrong? That would be some shit cuz I remember from earlier in this book, Reloe's fear of that happening. And if they don't realize Dujek is on the way that either means their spies are dead or turned.

Oh and I'm excited to see what happens with this song that Fiddler and Kalam keep hearing. I know it was mentioned earlier that the Bridgeburners are being drawn back to the desert where they originated. Just wondering at the significance of this.

Really feel that the Bridgeburners are going to end up as their own House at some point; the blessing from Paran, this song, the interesting way that they seem to be "more than human" as Fiddler mentioned. God damn, Whiskeyjack as an ascendant would be balling out of control.

Oh and something I've failed to mention is this apparent battle for the Throne of Shadow. Cotillion and Shadowthrone are moving their pieces around and Bidithal has made multiple mentions of trying to oust the "imposters." Wonder if this will be something that comes to a head in this book

message 2: by TS (new) - rated it 4 stars

TS Chan (tschan) | 72 comments Scott wrote: "So, was just thinking as Dom and Reloe are going over their sneaky plans, that I seem to remember in the last book that Dujek's force was supposed to come to Raraku to help Tavore. Am I remembering..."

What really intrigued me was the knowledge that Shadowthrone had actually sat on the First Throne of the T'lan Imass. That guy is one sneaky bugger!

Scott (thekeeblertree) | 1049 comments Haha, he truly is.

So, yeah, looks like the Bridgeburners have ascended. Crazy! Wonder if they will have their own house.

And we know now that Paran went ahead and sanctioned the House of Chains. They now have to play within the rules, whatever those are.

God I loved the reunion between Kalam and Quick Ben. And then between them and Fiddler.

So I'm not entirely clear on what happened with this shattered warren. Is it still up for grabs or was the return of the sea meant to show that no one was able to claim it?

Poor Crippled God, he's on for a rude awakening if he tries to control Karsa lol

Scott (thekeeblertree) | 1049 comments Oh forgot to mention the amazing death of Bidithal! Damn, that was crazy; fed his own junk.

Peter | 153 comments Haha I love that ending scene with Karsa and Tavore where Karsa is basically like, "I'm awesome so be afraid...but don't worry I won't kill you."

And Tavore says they're relieved.

And Karsa just says, "You should be."

I was dying it was so hilarious. Karsa is still an elitist jerk, but at least he has become a lot more enjoyable to read by the end of the book.

Scott (thekeeblertree) | 1049 comments Lol, greatness. Can't remember who said it (think it was the dude who killed Coltaine) but something like "I think we should be relieved)