His Majesty's Dragon (Temeraire, #1) His Majesty's Dragon discussion

Dragons!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Michelle Moore I'm not really sure about this feature, or how it will work, but just wondering how people have read Temeraire, and what you thought? I absolutely love the dragons which have been created, but I do feel sorry for them when they're fighting, and can be injured.

message 2: by Dustin (last edited Apr 28, 2015 05:57PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dustin It's a great series, one of my favorites. Though I enjoy the story and historical bits, the dragons definitely steal the spotlight with their various personalities. The humans just seem so serious and dull in comparison. Even after almost ten books I can't think of two dragons who acted so similarly that I couldn't tell them apart.

It gets even better if you progress into later books and see the different ways dragons interact with each other and other cultures.

Sparrowlicious I pretty much enjoy the story and read it like any other book. Sure, dragons are nice but the other characters are equally important. I get it that some people love books with dragons for their dragons because sure, why not, but not every reader reads a book for the same reason.
Alternate history with dragons? Sounds neat. How the author made it work was the real mystery until I read the book (and consequently the second and third so far as well).