A Good Thriller discussion

Book Pals - Archive > June Book Pals ~ Post Your Thoughts

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (autumnmemory80) Once you and your Book Pal have selected and read your book, post what you thought of the book on this thread. Partners are listed in this thread below. Can't wait to hear about your book choices!

You can go to the original thread Book Pals and click on your partner to see their books and friend them.

** Just a Tip - I like to give my partner at least three books to choose from with one being my top choice. That way they have some freedom as well.

★ ★ IF you have made an attempt to contact your partner with no response, please private message me letting me know so I can work on getting you a new partner for the month. Please give it at least 7 days before posting a comment as not all of our members log in every day. THANK YOU!

message 2: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 8101 comments I noticed you froze the "sign up". Have you posted who are partners yet??

message 3: by Janet , Moderator (new)

Janet  | 5751 comments Mod
Hi guys, panic not, I'm working on the pairings this month as Autumn is away on vacation.

As soon as I'm done I'll post them here either later today or tomorrow.

message 4: by Janet , Moderator (new)

Cameron (message 14) and Lisa (message 22)

Vanessa (message 30) and LaTonya (message 17)

Claire (message 20) and Tim The Enchanter (message 31)

Vicky-Leigh (message 2) and Kirsten (message 33)

Helen (message 10) and Susan (message 28)

Patricia (message 35) and E (message 32)

Jenifer (message 25) and Bill (message 5)

Stefanie (message 36) and Jamie (message 19)

Luffy (message 26) and Laura (message 6)

Olivia (message 34 and Kelly (message 3)

K (message 15) and Gerard (message 23

Freda (message 16) and Lisa (message 11)

Daisy (message 21) and Juliana (message 13)

Perri (message 9) and Mallory Heart (message 4)

Jill (message 27) and Faouzia (message 7)

Hannah (message 24) and Gopal (message 18)

Brenda (message 8) and Denise (message 29)

Sean, there was an odd number of participants and you haven't got a partner!! And no it wasn't intentional, it genuinely came out this way. If you want to partner with either myself or Autumn, just say.

message 5: by Janet , Moderator (new)

So, pairings have been done, I'm not sending out a group message as there's 35 participants and over 2,200 members so hopefully you'll find your partners ok here.

Please allow time for everyone to log on and take a look at their pairings. Any problems come to either myself or Autumn just please bear in mind that Autumn is currently away and I'm sure she will say when she's back.

Apologies for the delay in posting and hope you really enjoy your June 'buddy reads.'

Happy reading!

Janet

message 6: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Sean Peters | 9506 comments Mod
I am so upset......

No it is fine, I have plenty of books to read, re Net Galley !

message 7: by Janet , Moderator (new)

Sean wrote: "I am so upset......

No it is fine, I have plenty of books to read, re Net Galley !"

Hehe!! Good answer! (Knew you'd say it!!)

You have an army of books to read!!!

message 8: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) I've sent a message to Laura, my book pal. There was no need to send a friend request.

message 9: by Janet , Moderator (new)

Good stuff, Luffy!

message 10: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 3213 comments Denise and I are paired again and we've chosen Black Flowers to read together. Looking forward to it!

message 11: by Janet , Moderator (new)

Excellent choice, ladies. Hope you love it as much as I did!

message 12: by Freda (new)

Freda Malone | 421 comments Lisa and I are going to read Love You More by Lisa Gardner. We've been wanting to read that one for a while now.

Happy reading everyone.

Love You More (Tessa Leoni, #1) by Lisa Gardner

message 13: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Great book Brenda

message 14: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (ylisa7) | 501 comments Ha, ha…looks like the Lisa's will both be reading Lisa Gardner books.

I have messaged my partner Cameron and we are still deciding. We both have too many good books which is making it harder, lol. I am waiting for his response.

message 15: by Faouzia (new)

Faouzia | 288 comments I will read Blacklands, and Jill my book pal will read Imperfect Strangers.
I guess we'll have a lot of fun :)

message 16: by Janet , Moderator (new)

Loved Blacklands, Faouzia. Hope you like it.

message 17: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) Laura and I will both read Magic Bites.

message 18: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (ylisa7) | 501 comments It's decided Cameron and I will be reading Alone

message 19: by Scott (new)

Scott Ivlow (scottinwinterhaven) | 91 comments Sean I'm putting this out here, I just looked at your TBR and Read List. There are some books that are a match. However I've got 3 books I'm reading at the same time. I do like your TBR because were into the same genre.

message 20: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 3213 comments Janet wrote: "Excellent choice, ladies. Hope you love it as much as I did!"

I noticed you gave it 5 stars, Janet. High praise!

message 21: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 3213 comments Sean wrote: "Great book Brenda"

Sean, you're the one who put this book on my list.

message 22: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 3213 comments Faouzia wrote: "I will read Blacklands, and Jill my book pal will read Imperfect Strangers.
I guess we'll have a lot of fun :)"

I think you're both in for great reads!

message 23: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Well I hope you enjoy it Brenda, pressure on me now..LOL

Scott, as you see above has kindly offered/agreed to partner up with me.

Think we will read Stephen Hunter's Sniper's Honor.

Not read any Stephen Hunter, but always wanted to catch up with his books.

Thank you Scott

message 24: by Scott (new)

Scott Ivlow (scottinwinterhaven) | 91 comments Your welcome.

message 25: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie | 128 comments Freda and Lisa. great choice, I really enjoyed that book , hope you ladies do too

message 26: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie | 128 comments My partner Jaime and I decided to read Linwood Barclay's A Tap on the Window this is my first time being a book buddy so I'm looking forward to it

message 27: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 8101 comments Stefanie wrote: "My partner Jaime and I decided to read Linwood Barclay's A Tap on the Window this is my first time being a book buddy so I'm looking forward to it"

Good choice, Stefanie!

message 28: by Faouzia (new)

Faouzia | 288 comments Brenda wrote: "Faouzia wrote: "I will read Blacklands, and Jill my book pal will read Imperfect Strangers.
I guess we'll have a lot of fun :)"

I think you're both in for great reads!"

I'm sure Imperfect strangers is a great book :) and i'm very curious about Blacklands, i think i'll like it :)

message 29: by Christine (new)

Christine (clt04) | 5647 comments I never figured out why book pals often read different books. Is that actually fun? Wouldn't it be tons more fun to try to work a case together? Cameron and I recently did that and it was screaming fun.

message 30: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 8101 comments Christine wrote: "I never figured out why book pals often read different books. Is that actually fun? Wouldn't it be tons more fun to try to work a case together? Cameron and I recently did that and it was screami..."

Every time I've done it, we've read the same book.

message 31: by Christine (new)

Christine (clt04) | 5647 comments OK, Faouzia, what about you?

message 32: by Faouzia (new)

Faouzia | 288 comments I tried it both ways, and i think it depends on the book and the book pal.
My April bookpal and i read the same book and it was a lot of fun, we had the same feelings about the book and i enjoyed myself, on the other hand this way didn't work out with a bookpal last year, she didn't like the book and eventually quit it and i ended up reading it alone.
Reading different books is a nice experience, i like hearing what my bookpal think of a book i liked, and remember what i thought of it :)

message 33: by Christine (new)

Christine (clt04) | 5647 comments I guess if you had a bad experience, that would change your views, Faouzia. Anyone else have an opinion?

message 34: by Faouzia (new)

Faouzia | 288 comments I had more good experiences than bad ones Christine :) But i do prefer reading different books :D

message 35: by Christine (new)

Christine (clt04) | 5647 comments OK.

message 36: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 8101 comments My partner and I this month will read different books. I hit on the idea of each picking a book from the other's "read" list. So, I will be reading The Three The Three by Sarah Lotz by Sarah Lotz this month.

As to a bad experience, I've never had one. All my partners have had great taste and have all been very friendly!

That's one of my favorite things about this group - how friendly it is!!

message 37: by Perri (new)

Perri A good question, Christine. I've done it a number of ways and what I like is the flexibility. I have found it fun to read the same book, but sometimes when you're backed up on books, it's hard to make time to read an unplanned book. Sometimes it's hard to get your hands on the same book, especially if it's new-Sorry Gopal!!! :)

message 38: by O (new)

O (asphaltmonkey) Kelly and I will be reading The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon (:

message 39: by Freda (new)

Freda Malone | 421 comments When I read the same book with a male, we generally dissect it having debates.

When I read the same book with a female, I feel like a young gossipy woman who whispers "can you believe what so-and-so did?".

:D It's fun!

message 40: by Bill (new)

Bill Kupersmith | 32 comments Jenifer & I are reading Tuesday Falling. I'm quite liking it: principal character reminds me of what Sharon Bolton's Lacey Flint might have become had she not found her new ID & joined the police.

message 41: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (autumnmemory80) I just wanted to thank Janet so much for posting the Pals this month. She did a wonderful job and got to it as soon as she could. I am so happy that the moderators are able to be there for each other and that just shows how much we care about you! So, Janet, thank you! And to everyone else, I am back from vacation, so if you have any issues, please feel free to PM me anytime!

message 42: by Janet , Moderator (new)

No problem. :)) Quite enjoyed the exercise with my eldest. Just apologies for posting a day or two late.

If I'm needed again just shout out and hope you had a terrific vacation, Autumn.

Enjoy your buddy reads, folks!

message 43: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie | 128 comments Christine wrote: "I never figured out why book pals often read different books. Is that actually fun? Wouldn't it be tons more fun to try to work a case together? Cameron and I recently did that and it was screami..."
I actually asked Cam about this before I signed up because initially I was looking forward to reading a book "with somebody" then I thought by reading the thread that we had to pick a book from eachothers list and since I don't remember enough about books I have read in the past to have a thorough discussion I wasn't sure I was going to do it. Then Cam told me that the whole process is really relaxed and he usually suggests to his parter about picking a few books from his list and he picks books from the partners list then they narrow them down together. I totally see Faouzia's pov on having a partner quit on you though. That would ruin the fun in a big way

message 44: by Juliana (new)

Juliana | 340 comments Daisy and I have chosen our books we are both reading James Patterson I will read Pop goes the Weasel and Daisy will read The Beach House.

message 45: by Lisa (last edited Jun 13, 2015 04:48AM) (new)

Lisa (ylisa7) | 501 comments Good conversation. It is fun to read a book together when you actually try to discuss it. I have been reading pals with some like that and it has been enjoyable.

Other times the other person never writes back or just doesn't read the book. I had one where we chose a book. I finished it and she had problems with the kindle version. She asked to do another book. OK…I read that one too and she didn't like it. She wanted to read another one…I stopped writing to her.

I thought on the TBR we were supposed to pick a book for each other. It is a good option when you just don't have time that month.

This month Cam and I are reading Alone by LIsa Gardner together. He has never read it…I did years ago, liked it, but can't remember it. Story of my book reading life. It should be fun.

REMEMBER UKRAINE NOW ReadingReindeer (readingreindeerproximacentauri) | 41 comments My June read:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
I had listed this in the June PIFM. It wasn't the top vote then, so Book Pal Perri chose it and a great choice it is.

message 47: by Perri (new)

Perri Mallory Heart wrote: "My June read:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
I had listed this in the June PIFM. It wasn't the top vote then, so Book Pal Perri chose it and a great choice it is."

Dang, Mallory, reading your review I'm pretty impressed with myself! ;)

message 48: by Faouzia (new)

Faouzia | 288 comments I finished Blacklands and i LOVED it!!! a very moving story, the characters were well developed especially the boy Steven.
I enjoyed reading it a lot and discussing it with Jill :)

message 49: by Perri (new)

Perri Finished Starvation Heights A True Story of Murder and Malice in the Woods of the Pacific Northwest by Gregg Olsen what a weird wacky read https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Thanks Mallory!

message 50: by Juliana (new)

Juliana | 340 comments Finished pop goes the weasel fantastic read loved the fact that the killer was arrested and put before the judge but cleared only to carry on again.

« previous 1