Japanese Novel and Light Novel Book Club discussion

Promotion > A Whisper of Leaves - Ghost Story ARC

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (last edited Apr 28, 2015 06:03AM) (new)

Ashley Capes | 31 comments Hi!

I'm hoping someone might be able to help with novella I'm releasing late next month? A Whisper of Leaves is a ghost story set in Japan, here's the blurb:

When ESL teacher Riko finds an old journal buried in the forests beneath Mt Fuji, a malevolent, untraceable force begins to threaten her at every turn.

But is it all in her head?

The more she studies the journal for answers, the more questions she uncovers. Worse, no-one takes her fears seriously and her best lead appears to be a belligerent old man, whose only care in the world is raking leaves deep in the forest.

With her grip on reality shaken and friendships strained to breaking point, Riko has to discover the truth about the journal in order to put ghosts of the past to rest, as strange events turn deadly.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Would anyone be willing to have a read and see if anything leaps out at them in terms of 'not gelling with Japan'? My main character Riko was born in Australia to Japanese parents so she tends to see Japan through the eyes of an outsider. (I wasn't confident trying to write a story from a Japanese perspective)

If anyone was interested I could e-mail them an epub or mobi?

Thanks for 'listening' :D

Ashley

message 2: by Fanta (new)

Fanta Miste | 473 comments Does 'not gelling with Japan' mean 'Japanese usually don't do such a thing' and 'Such a thing usually doesn't happen in Japan', etc? I may be misunderstanding and saying strange things. :)

message 3: by Selena (new)

Selena (sailorstar165) | 1505 comments Mod
Fanta wrote: "Does 'not gelling with Japan' mean 'Japanese usually don't do such a thing' and 'Such a thing usually doesn't happen in Japan', etc? I may be misunderstanding and saying strange things. :)"

I think that's exactly what he meant. You'd probably be the person to ask about that lol

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Capes | 31 comments Hi Fanta! Yep, you and Selena are right - that's definitely what I'm interested in :)

I've researched and spent a good deal of time with several of my fellow teachers where I work, who are from or who have taught in Japan, but I always worry that I'll still overlook things. Research can only go so far, you know?

message 5: by Fanta (new)

Fanta Miste | 473 comments That sounds very interesting. I want to read it, but I'm worried about your time limit. You know, my English is a lower level, actually it took me with a dictionary about 30 minutes to read the above blurb! XD
When is your time limit? By any chance, I could help you.

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Capes | 31 comments Thanks, Fanta! I don't mind if it takes you a long time :) I appreciate the offer for help, thanks for offering!

I can make adjustments to the book even after it's released, so if it takes a while for you to read that's ok :)

message 7: by Fanta (new)

Fanta Miste | 473 comments I see, I'll send you my e-mail address, and then please send your mobi. I'm looking forward to reading your book, my heart pounding with a little worry if I can read it. XD

message 8: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Capes | 31 comments Ace! I'll send it very soon, and don't stress, I'm sure you'll do fine :) (I don't mind if it takes a while either)

message 9: by Ashley (last edited May 07, 2015 05:37AM) (new)

Ashley Capes | 31 comments Here's the cover too :D

A Whisper of Leaves by Ashley Capes

Japanese Novel and Light Novel Book Club

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Whisper of Leaves (other topics)