Addicted to YA discussion

Movies and TV Shows > The Mortal Instruments TV SERIES

Comments Showing 1-50 of 211 (211 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Marija (new)

Marija (marriv) | 80 comments Since we have a Jace (Dominic Sherwood), the rest of the cast will be revealed soon. Let's discuss!

message 2: by Vikki (new)

Vikki Becker (enchantedediting) | 16 comments is this actually being made into a TV series?

message 3: by Emilia (new)

Emilia (doctorherondale) | 419 comments Yeah! It will be released next summer on abc family. Can I just say how excited I am for this?!?!?!?! Next year can't come fast enough.

message 4: by Ricky (new)

Ricky (spider-fan) | 876 comments I've seen a few people say Molly Quinn should be Clary. Surprisingly, I agree. It'll give her something to do since she gets so little screentime on Castle these days...

message 5: by Marija (new)

Marija (marriv) | 80 comments Didn't I say that they casted Jace? xD Anyway I am not sure about Molly quinn, I always imagined Clary as a petite girl but who knows.

message 6: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (britbrit96) | 22 comments I'm so excited to be able to watch the series!!! I actually enjoyed the movie, if I didn't cringe every time they had done something that didn't go along with the book. I really hope they can follow the series properly in this new version!! I'm also excited because I can finally watch a tv show that airs on a channel that I actually have!!!!! I feel like a dog spinning around chasing its tail with excitement!!

message 7: by Crystal (new)

Crystal im so happpyyyy Dominic Sherwood is gnna be in the show i loved him so much in the VA movie and glad i get to see himm again only as Jace with tattoos <3 omg yas lol but next summer?? too long a wait lol im so impatient

message 8: by J (new)

J I don't watch TV or movies, so I'll have to look this Dominic person up. I'm definitely going to make an effort to watch this! I hope now that it's a TV show rather than a movie, they'll stick to the books more and include more details from it. I never saw the movie, but someone was describing a scene to me and talking about how impossible something like that could actually be based off the books and it put me off. It sounds like they were trying too hard to cram everything in quickly. I really pray they stick to the Shadowhunter lore and culture. And please, for the love of God, don't bury everything else for the sake of the love story!

message 9: by Vikki (new)

Vikki Becker (enchantedediting) | 16 comments wow....this old lady is doing the fangirl happy dance lol

message 10: by Marija (new)

Marija (marriv) | 80 comments J wrote: "I don't watch TV or movies, so I'll have to look this Dominic person up. I'm definitely going to make an effort to watch this! I hope now that it's a TV show rather than a movie, they'll stick to t..."

Dominic played in Vampire Academy Christian Ozera or you can watch Taylor Swift's music video Style

message 11: by J (new)

J Marija wrote: "J wrote: "I don't watch TV or movies, so I'll have to look this Dominic person up. I'm definitely going to make an effort to watch this! I hope now that it's a TV show rather than a movie, they'll ..."

Thank you! I'll check him out. I really don't have a strong mental image of Jace, so I'm sure I'll be satisfied with whoever they've picked.

Now Clary... HER I'll be picky about.

message 12: by Gia (new)

Gia :D That's so cool! TMI's tv series? Totally awesome!! I am so excited. I hope the tv series is really good 'cause i hated the movie and Jamie Campbell as Jace..

message 13: by Marija (new)

Marija (marriv) | 80 comments Today or tomorrow (I am not from the USA) they will announce two characters, one character is a shadowhunter :D

Midnights_Darling -The Emo Kittie (theemokittie) This was my dream casting list I created after finding out they were making a TV series. I did want them to keep the original cast but I knew that wouldn't happen.

Anyway this is my list,let me know what you think.
http://www.imdb.com/list/ls077855691/

message 15: by Marija (new)

Marija (marriv) | 80 comments Midnights_Darling -The Emo Kittie wrote: "This was my dream casting list I created after finding out they were making a TV series. I did want them to keep the original cast but I knew that wouldn't happen.

Anyway this is my list,let me kn..."

:o I like all your choice except Magnus. He is Asian and it should stay that way.

message 16: by Marija (new)

Marija (marriv) | 80 comments description

SIMON AND IZZY ARE ANNOUNCED!

message 17: by anahi (new)

anahi (ireadcuzimbored) | 0 comments I have never seen any of their acting before so I don't know how to feel. keeping an open mind though and super excited to find out who plays Clary!!

message 18: by Annabelle (new)

Annabelle | 7 comments Brittany wrote: "I'm so excited to be able to watch the series!!! I actually enjoyed the movie, if I didn't cringe every time they had done something that didn't go along with the book. I really hope they can foll..."

I liked the movie as well, but I hate that they almost changed the whole ending!!! I do hope the TV SERIES can do better at that. Can't wait to watch it!

message 19: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (bclay17) | 94 comments Ooh I agree. I didn't like how the ending was so far off from the book, and Im so excited to see the series. I hope it will have good actors.

message 20: by Crystal (new)

Crystal definitely depends on their actinggg

message 21: by Saba (new)

Saba Zaman can't wait loved the books but the film was just meh so I hope this tv series will be bette

message 22: by Annabelle (new)

Annabelle | 7 comments To be honest, I don't really like the cast for Jace. Is it just me?
cause he acted as Christian in Vampire Academy's movie, and it could get really confused for me. But if he's acting skills are good, I think I might like him as Jace eventually.

message 23: by Gia (new)

Gia Marija wrote: "SIMON AND IZZY ARE ANNOUNCED! "
This Izzy is not good :/

message 24: by Ricky (new)

Ricky (spider-fan) | 876 comments Why so many unknowns? Damn, I really wish they could've cast Victoria Justice as Izzy. :(

Midnights_Darling -The Emo Kittie (theemokittie) Marija wrote: "Midnights_Darling -The Emo Kittie wrote: "This was my dream casting list I created after finding out they were making a TV series. I did want them to keep the original cast but I knew that wouldn't..."

Thanks! Yeah I know I just couldn't find anyone that would suit him so I added that actor from True Blood

message 26: by Niharika (new)

Niharika Vij | 7 comments Simon looks okay for the role but Izzy not so much...

message 27: by Emilia (new)

Emilia (doctorherondale) | 419 comments I'm ok with both choices. Simon May not be my favorite but if he can pull of the character in the actual show I'll be fine. So excited to see who the rest of the cast is.

message 28: by Claudia (new)

Claudia Martinez | 123 comments I'm okay with the person that they picked as Izzy, but I'm just not sure how I feel about Simon. Since he's my favorite character, so I have high expectations for who plays him

message 29: by Daniela (new)

Daniela Herrera | 104 comments I feel like Izzy is okay, but Simon? God... He's definitely not him... Idk, it's just he looks so...not nerdy xD not adorable enough... It's just me?
I think that the original cast would be better with these characters...#justsaying

message 30: by Jill (new)

Jill (themagicofbooks) | 73 comments My issue isn't with their choices but that I was used to the other character. Now those are the ones I think of so everything else seems wrong.

message 31: by Ricky (new)

Ricky (spider-fan) | 876 comments @Daniela: I think you're right - Sheehan looked the part a lot better than whoever this guy is. Seriously, ABC Family, why so many unknowns? I'm feeling a bit of dread for the series now...although if they have some good people in the rest of the cast, I'll still give it a shot for sure. Howsabout Daniel Henney for Magnus?

message 32: by Katrina♡•• (new)

Katrina♡•• | 491 comments Omg I am about to start the book series!!!I am sooooo excited! Sequels in glee

message 33: by Kai (new)

Kai Hey we don't know anything about their acting yet and especially Jace and Izzy fit very well with what I imagined them to look like. Also Dominic Sherwood fits so much better than Jamie Campbell Bower!
We should just wait and see but I really appreciate that they casted POCs

message 34: by Emilia (new)

Emilia (doctorherondale) | 419 comments I agree. We can't judge them till we see them on tv. The actor playing Simon May not look the part but as long as he can pull off the acting part I'm okay with him.

message 35: by J (new)

J I like their choice for Izzy. And I don't think there's anything wrong at all with using unknown actors for the parts. It'll be easier to see the character rather than the actor that way in my opinion.

message 36: by Emilia (new)

Emilia (doctorherondale) | 419 comments I hate the waiting #whoisclary cannot be answered soon enough

message 37: by Pranjali (new)

Pranjali (pranjalim) Oh the announced who's playing Clary if I'm not wrong... I think it's Katherine Mcnamara. I think she fits the image I had of Clary in my mind, I just am hoping they go for a darker hair colour maybe.

message 38: by Pranjali (new)

Pranjali (pranjalim) *they announced

Deanna (A Novel Glimpse) (anovelglimpse) I love Katherine Mcnamara! I'm glad they got someone good for the part!

message 40: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Bowman (miss_marauder) | 59 comments I think overall they did a pretty good job with the characters! I won't be complaining about anything, I'm just happy they decided to make a TV show at all, considering how poorly the movie performed. I can't wait!! :)

message 41: by Gia (new)

Gia Katherine is really cute! Oh, I hope all these characters do wonderful acting! I m so xcited for this tv series!! :D
Btw is there a proper date that when will this series initiate on TV?

message 42: by Emilia (new)

Emilia (doctorherondale) | 419 comments Not that I've seen. It just says early 2016. I would guess either the January premier or summer. That's when abc family normally releases new shows

message 43: by Gia (new)

Gia Okay

message 44: by Ricky (new)

Ricky (spider-fan) | 876 comments Yeah, the new Clary is cute - and she'll be in The Scorch Trials too, so that's a good sign. Now for some casting of the adults? Magnus, Jocelyn, Valentine...

message 45: by J (new)

J They did a good job with Clary!

I'm dying to see who will play Sebastian now.

message 46: by Claudia (new)

Claudia Martinez | 123 comments I don't think they'll choose a Sebastian till probably the third season

message 47: by Emilia (new)

Emilia (doctorherondale) | 419 comments Good point. He's not very active in the first two books

message 48: by Ebba (new)

Ebba | 2 comments I didn't like the casting at all. I haven't seen any of the actors before (except for Dominic in Style) but even though the movie changed too many things I still liked it and the actors. When Jamie was announced as Jace I didn't like it at all but I think he did a brilliant job and him and Lily had great chemistry.
Obvs they can't use the same actors but I wish they'd chosen anyone I'd heard of before. And Dominic is too much "American hot boy next door" for Jace imo.

Saying that, I AM excited for the show and I will watch when it comes out to see if it's good. But I have this bad feeling about it :/

message 49: by Daniela (new)

Daniela Herrera | 104 comments @Ricky I know right... I mean I'm not judging Alberto's acting, it's just that he looks so bad/cute/sexy boy. He's not adorable and innocent idk with him I can't see the development that Simon's character does... Besides that, I really like the choices of the rest, they look very alike, just hope that Kat and Dom have chemistry. *crossing fingers*
Daniel Henney? I can picture him as Magnus. Now I hope they pick someone good for Valentine, cuz in the movie for me they made too hippie too "rebel" with the hair and shirtless... Idk for me Valentine has always been like this business men with crazy ideas. Something like Malcom Merlyn in the Arrow TV show.

message 50: by Daniela (new)

Daniela Herrera | 104 comments @Ricky I know right... I mean I'm not judging Alberto's acting, it's just that he looks so bad/cute/sexy boy. He's not adorable and innocent idk with him I can't see the development that Simon's character does... Besides that, I really like the choices of the rest, they look very alike, just hope that Kat and Dom have chemistry. *crossing fingers*
Daniel Henney? I can picture him as Magnus. Now I hope they pick someone good for Valentine, cuz in the movie for me they made too hippie too "rebel" with the hair and shirtless... Idk for me Valentine has always been like this business men with crazy ideas. Something like Malcom Merlyn in the Arrow TV show.

« previous 1 3 4 5